“A nice surprise”

Ranked #17 of 41 Hotels in London
Mississauga, Canada
“A nice surprise”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We have stayed at many hotels in London, Ontario but the Residence Inn London Downtown has become our favourite. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The rooms were exceptionally large and clean. The complimentary breakfast had a delicious variety of food items. The location was perfect ... walking distance to restaurants. The parking garage was small but we were always able to find a spot.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Bear B
RIL2011, Director of Sales at Residence Inn London Downtown, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear Brian B,

Thank you for this wonderful review! I am glad to hear that we met all of your expectations and we look forward to serving you again the next time you are in London!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Arabic first
St. Marys, Canada
Reviewed 3 February 2014

The rooms here are as nice as appartments and very spacious! All the amenities of home including a full kitchen, cutlery, dishes, etc.......and in the downtown core so you can walk everywhere or just a short cab. We have stayed here several times now and will keep going back. During the week supper is included and buffet breakfast everyday included. Very clean and the staff are every plesant. Only complaint is the parking. We have a SUV and it is very tight! A must stay though.......

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brian D
RIL2011, Director of Sales at Residence Inn London Downtown, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Dear Brian D,

I want to thank you for taking the time to write this amazing review. I will share your comments with our staff. We look forward to serving you again the next time you are in London.
Cambridge, Ontario
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Was spending one night in London (Saturday night between Christmas and New Years) and chose the Residence Inn. They upgraded us to a suite which was awesome! Service at check-in was great. Very friendly and quick. Parking was not included and the underground lot was very tight; I am glad I had a small car! The suite was very spacious, clean and nicely decorated. This type of accommodation would be great for an extended stay as it was like an apartment. Great kitchen and separate living, dining space. Flat screen tvs in both the living room and bedroom. Bathroom is nice with no tub but a nice walk-in shower. Didn't have breakfast at hotel so can't comment on that. The only minor complaint I have was the noise. Sound proofing could be improved, could hear neighbors. Regardless would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Annnieee
RIL2011, Director of Sales at Residence Inn London Downtown, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Dear Annnieee,

Thank you for this great review on this site, I will share with our staff your kind comments. In the future when you stay with us, please let our front desk know if your neighbor is noisy. We have a zero tolerance when it comes to our guest's rest and our Manager On Duty would address the complaint in a timely manner. We look forward to serving you again the next time you are in London, and hopefully you can take advantage of our hot breakfast buffet in the morning.
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 15 January 2014

This is primarily an extended-stay business hotel but we stayed there over a weekend for a hockey tournament and were delighted with the friendly, helpful staff, clean comfortable suites, and excellent breakfast, all at a very reasonable rate. Our only criticism is the very tight underground parking garage -- forget trying to get a full-size pickup or SUV down there. However there is some above-ground parking too.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank squashmeister
RIL2011, Director of Sales at Residence Inn London Downtown, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear Squashmeister,

We try to offer the best value to our guests and I am glad to hear that we met your expectations. We look forward to serving you again the next time you are in London!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Staying here for two nights on business and I will return! There is so much attention to detail here: microwave popcorn, dishes and cutlery, and Paul Mitchell shampoo and conditioner! My colleagues and I wanted to use the gym and the lady at the front desk said "if you need additional equipment, we can provide you with passes to the Y across the street." Now that's service!
Rooms are immaculate and super clean, and decor is just gorgeous! From now on, I'm staying at this hotel when I'm in town!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Helen C
Dear Helen C,

Thank you for this great review, I am glad that you noticed our attention to details. We look forward to serving you again the next time you are in London.
Stratford, Canada
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I was privileged to stay at the Residence Inn Marriott at Colborne and Dundas Streets in London over a period of 5 weeks in October, 2013 ant the service was the best. The staff was so friendly and thoughtful. They greeted every situation with a smile. They are accommodating, in tandem with London Health Sciences Hospital, out-of-town cancer patients for the duration of their treatments. This means special diets and accommodation for some not so healthy people. The staff took on the special diet requirements as well as quality of food with a can-do attitude and worked with the patients to produce a great menu! The suites were so comfortable that even the sickest patients felt at home. Every one of the staff were friendly, helpful and super accommodating and made my stay so wonderful! They played a major role in ensuring my 25 radiation treatments went so well! Thank you to all!

Room Tip: the suites are superb!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Dear Penkel1951,

I am glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay here at The Residence Inn by Marriott London Downtown during your treatment. I will share with our staff your kind remarks.
Goderich, ON
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We stayed here over a weekend for a hockey tournament. The hotel and rooms are very nice, but a few things bothered me and I likely wouldn't stay here again. The parking is ridiculous. There is a parking garage that is incredibly tight and I wouldn't want to try and park a large vehicle in there. The breakfast had lots of choices both days and was really good. The staff in the breakfast area were very friendly. There is coffee that you can take back to your room, but no lids. Why have to-go cups, but no lids? We had booked with a group, but when we got there, our reservation was not there. They did get us another room, but we now have to wait and see if we are charged twice. One of the other members in the room took a towel off their rack and there was a brown stain (she smelled it, no idea why! and it was coffee.) GROSS! During the week, there is a managers reception and the menu posted on our fridge looked good. There aren't any ice machines there so you have to make your own ice, which is fine but it took forever so we went and bought some at the store. The location is kind of dicey and I wouldn't go outside alone past dark.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank clarkjohnston
RIL2011, Director of Sales at Residence Inn London Downtown, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Dear Clarkjohnston,

Thank you for your review on this site, I would like for you to contact me as I would like to bring you back to our hotel in the future. Happy New Year to you and your family and I look forward to speaking with you.