“Great for families” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 41 Hotels in London
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“Great for families”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights with 5 adults and 1 toddler in the 2bdrm suite. It was clean and had plenty of space for everyone. Breakfast was fantastic, lots of options. Close walk to Richmond. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RIL2011, Director of Sales at Residence Inn London Downtown, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear AndreaM357,

You are absolutely right about our spacious suites, I am glad to hear that you took advantage of our Hot Breakfast Buffet and found it satisfactory! We look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Arabic first
Fourways, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

They are not kidding when they say "spread out". Had a huge suite: lounge, kitchen, dining area, office area, bathroom and bedroom - felt like a nice apartment not a hotel suite! Super location, right in downtown London, we could walk into town. Dinner and breakfast included in price, wow. Simple fare, but what a great deal. And the staff are really friendly and nice, I felt right at home. Highly recommend to other business travelers.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jacie271
RIL2011, Director of Sales at Residence Inn London Downtown, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Jacie271,

What an amazing review, you described our value added amenities perfectly and I am glad that you took advantage of them all. We want to thank you for your kind words and we look forward to serving you again the next time you are in London!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

This was a return visit and a stay in the same room. The one bedroom suite was very spacious and beats staying in a single hotel room for 3 nights.
The staff were friendly and competent, the food was as good as any of the residence hotels that I have stayed at and the sleep was very good with a quiet room and good bed. Everything was clean and in reasonable shape. The complimentary Wi-fi met our needs nicely.
The elevators were slow and jam-packed in the morning. The parking garage is an adventure with a medium-sized vehicle but these were not significant issues for us.
I will return.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jim D
RIL2011, Director of Sales at Residence Inn London Downtown, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Jim D,

I am glad to hear that we met all of your expectations during your stay. We had recently upgraded our Complimentary Internet service and it's great that you enjoyed that amenity. I will share with our staff your comments and we look forward to serving you again the next time you are in London.
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

This hotel is in a great location in downtown London, and is one of my favorite places to stay while here. This is the second time I have stayed here and it was still fantastic. I cannot vouch for the food, as we didn't dine here at all - that being said, it's super convenient that a breakfast is included daily, and a light dinner included Monday - Thursday. It just increases the value that you get from this hotel. My rate per night was $124/night, EXTREMELY reasonable.

The room is extremely spacious with more room than one person could ever need. One of the main reasons I stayed here was the full kitchenette provided. When you are trying to eat healthy on the road, this is key - and the kitchen is well enough equipped to give you everything you'd need to manage that. The ice maker in the freezer is a bonus. The decor in the room is decent - it's not over the top but still extremely nice. I found this room to be extremely quiet, with excellent functioning air conditioning. The beds are fantastic. I had an excellent sleep all of the nights I was here. The pillow selection was amazing.

The location of this hotel is perfect - located downtown enough to easily access all attractions that London has to offer (great bars/restaurants, etc.). Super convenient for people who need to attend the University of Western for any events as well as the cab ride is $16 door to door.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank CFO580
RIL2011, Director of Sales at Residence Inn London Downtown, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear CFO580,

I am glad to hear that we are your favorite hotel when coming to London. Thank you for this great review and you best describing our value added amenities. I also want to let you know that starting this month we have upgraded our internet service and complimentary Starbucks coffee in your suites made in our Keurig Machines. We look forward to serving you again the next time you are in London.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Awesome stay at the Residence Inn Marriott ... We were at a swim meet at UWO and it's only a 5 minute drive. We got a 1 bedroom king with a pull out sofa ... It was very spacious. Bathroom was very nice. Room was vet clean. We loved the full kitchen that even had a Keurig machine with complementary coffee pucks. The parking was underground which we like for security purposes (definitely a bonus in winter months).

The only negative was the incredibly slow internet wifi. I called the tech support line and the guy at the other end was hopeless in his attempt to help. I call the front desk about it again and Ashley said she would call them on my behalf. She even called me back to apologize again and confirm she had the tech company reset the wap. Awesome customer service.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Rob D
RIL2011, Director of Sales at Residence Inn London Downtown, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Rob D,

You will be happy to know that we are upgrading our internet service and should be completed early June 2014. I am glad to hear that Ashley took great care of you during your stay. Our underground secured parking is one of a few in the city and you are absolutely right during the winter months it definitely comes in handy. I hope that you all had a great time during your swim meet and we look forward to serving you again next year.
Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed here for 10 nights on a business trip and it was definitely worth it. The morning breakfast was solid and location convenient in Downtown London. I've actually stayed here twice, one night in a one-bedroom and this stay in a studio suite. Both were great. Having the separate bedroom is nice if there are multiple people in the room or others visiting, but the studio suite to myself worked out just great too.

The beds are very comfortable, it was easy to keep the room at a comfortable temperature. Very limited noise could be heard from other rooms or the hallway.

Staff extremely friendly to deal with and seem to honestly take an interest in the guests who visit the hotel. I'd have no hesitation returning to the Residence Inn London Downtown for a future stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear OHLradio,

Thank you for this kind review, I am happy to hear that we exceeded all of your expectations during your stay. A lot of our guests enjoy a great night's sleep because we offer a Home Away from Home atmosphere and you are absolutely right about our noise reduction walls. You will be happy to know that we are now serving Starbucks Coffee inside our suites via our new Keurig Coffee Machines and this is complimentary. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in town.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

We stayed here on May 23rd - just lucky that the event we were attending had reserved some rooms since the Memorial Cup seemed to have filled up London Ontario's hotels. The suites are big, but the bedroom was very small with a queen size bed in it. Bathroom was also kind of small but there was so much room in the living area and a beautiful little kitchen with lots of pots, pans, and everything one would need to gook a meal - if one were staying for an extended period of time.

We both slept well although I will say the bed was a bit hard (but I'm used to a memory foam topper). Parking was extra underground, but that seems to be the norm in downtown London. The only issue is that the front desk clerk didn't draw my attention to one of several pieces of paper he handed me - we read it the next morning: "To avoid a $35 parking violation place this paper on you dash board." Or something like that - Ummm - good thing we didn't get a ticket!

The breakfast was perfectly fine with lots of choice, hot buffet and even waffles if you wanted to make them. All in all a clean, well-located hotel with staff that are very friendly and proud of where they work.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Katie Toronto,

I want to thank you for this good review. I am glad to hear that we met your expectations and that you took advantage of our complimentary hot breakfast buffet. Our staff definitely takes pride in doing their work and enjoys our guests and our industry. You will be happy to know that we are upgrading our internet service starting next month and we look forward to serving you again the next time you are in London.