“Once again, Amazing experience!!”

Residence Inn London Downtown
Ranked #16 of 41 Hotels in London
Toronto, Canada
“Once again, Amazing experience!!”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

What can I say about this hotel that hasn't been said before (my earlier post had over 3000 hits). This continues to be the only hotel we will stay in when we are in London. My mom and sister asked me to go to London because my mom wanted a little getaway. We stayed here in February when my dad had hear surgery (he is doing very well!) and we LOVED this hotel. I called and spoke with Corey and made arrangements for the same room. When my sister and mother arrived they were upgraded to a two bedroom suite. my mother has COPD and travels in a wheelchair and oxygen. Staying here was very stress free and relaxing for her, all the comforts of home available in a beautiful surrounding. She felt like a queen, with her robe waiting for her on her king sized bed. Thank you Corey for making this experience such a wonderful one! you went above and beyond and we are truly thankful. I recommend this hotel to any traveller visiting London.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
RIL2011, Director of Sales at Residence Inn London Downtown, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear SophyaT,

I am glad to hear that your father is doing well. Also let your Mom know that she can be a queen all the time not just at our place. I will let Corey know your kind comments. We look forward to serving you and your family the next time you all are in London for another getaway.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Arabic first
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My friend and I stayed one night for a college reunion. We asked for two beds and were upgraded to a two bedroom suite. We each had our own room with a king bed, plus a large kitchen, living room and fully functional bathroom. It only had a shower not a tub. It was very clean and so spacious. There really isn't a view but from the tenth floor you could the city from a good vantage point. The parking is a bit pricey at $12 per night. If you go on the weekend or in the summer, there is a school kitty corner to the hotel with a large parking lot that had a few cars stay overnight. The breakfast is delicious and there was plenty of food. Enjoy!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear LEllen12,

I hope that your college reunion was a big success! I want to thank you for this great review and hope that we see you next year. It is a beautiful view of the city on our tenth floor.
Toronto
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Our family stayed here for two nights last weekend. We were taking our 2.5 year old to Ride along with Thomas (as were a few other families staying at the hotel).

We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite as grandpa came along. The suite while spacious, is not exactly the 2 bedroom I was expecting. One of the bedrooms did not have a door, and was seperated from the living room by a wall. Not a big deal, but if you have two couples in the same unit, it may be a no no.

The breakfast was basic (scrambled eggs, potatoes and sausage) but convenient. Staff were very pleasant and friendly!

Grandpa has back issues and complained about the soft beds being an issue.

PROS:

-location
-bright decor
-lots of room
-friendly staff

CONS:

-tight parking downstairs - $12 charge
-not exactly a 2 bedroom as advertised
-beds not kind to bad backs

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank erristattle
RIL2011, Manager at Residence Inn London Downtown, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Good Day Erristattle
Thank you for taking the time to reflect upon your last stay with us.
I trust that your visit to St Thomas via London was a memorable one.
At the Residence Inn we have 5 different room types ranging from 575 sq ft
to 840 sq ft. All of our suites have kitchens, microwaves and dishwashers
to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
Your description of your room would fit our extended King Suite with King size
bed in a separate bedroom. As you mentioned the second King size bed is in
an open concept room with a 3/4 wall.
For your next stay I would recommend our largest Suite which has two King Size beds
in separate rooms as well as 2 bathrooms, this is a very popular room and might not have
been available at time of booking.

Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you in the future

Yours in hospitality

Maurice Plommer
Rooms Division Manager
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights with 5 adults and 1 toddler in the 2bdrm suite. It was clean and had plenty of space for everyone. Breakfast was fantastic, lots of options. Close walk to Richmond. Would definitely stay again.

Dear AndreaM357,

You are absolutely right about our spacious suites, I am glad to hear that you took advantage of our Hot Breakfast Buffet and found it satisfactory! We look forward to seeing you again in the near future!
Fourways, South Africa
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

They are not kidding when they say "spread out". Had a huge suite: lounge, kitchen, dining area, office area, bathroom and bedroom - felt like a nice apartment not a hotel suite! Super location, right in downtown London, we could walk into town. Dinner and breakfast included in price, wow. Simple fare, but what a great deal. And the staff are really friendly and nice, I felt right at home. Highly recommend to other business travelers.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jacie271
RIL2011, Director of Sales at Residence Inn London Downtown, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Jacie271,

What an amazing review, you described our value added amenities perfectly and I am glad that you took advantage of them all. We want to thank you for your kind words and we look forward to serving you again the next time you are in London!
Reviewed 13 June 2014

This was a return visit and a stay in the same room. The one bedroom suite was very spacious and beats staying in a single hotel room for 3 nights.
The staff were friendly and competent, the food was as good as any of the residence hotels that I have stayed at and the sleep was very good with a quiet room and good bed. Everything was clean and in reasonable shape. The complimentary Wi-fi met our needs nicely.
The elevators were slow and jam-packed in the morning. The parking garage is an adventure with a medium-sized vehicle but these were not significant issues for us.
I will return.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jim D
RIL2011, Director of Sales at Residence Inn London Downtown, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Jim D,

I am glad to hear that we met all of your expectations during your stay. We had recently upgraded our Complimentary Internet service and it's great that you enjoyed that amenity. I will share with our staff your comments and we look forward to serving you again the next time you are in London.
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This hotel is in a great location in downtown London, and is one of my favorite places to stay while here. This is the second time I have stayed here and it was still fantastic. I cannot vouch for the food, as we didn't dine here at all - that being said, it's super convenient that a breakfast is included daily, and a light dinner included Monday - Thursday. It just increases the value that you get from this hotel. My rate per night was $124/night, EXTREMELY reasonable.

The room is extremely spacious with more room than one person could ever need. One of the main reasons I stayed here was the full kitchenette provided. When you are trying to eat healthy on the road, this is key - and the kitchen is well enough equipped to give you everything you'd need to manage that. The ice maker in the freezer is a bonus. The decor in the room is decent - it's not over the top but still extremely nice. I found this room to be extremely quiet, with excellent functioning air conditioning. The beds are fantastic. I had an excellent sleep all of the nights I was here. The pillow selection was amazing.

The location of this hotel is perfect - located downtown enough to easily access all attractions that London has to offer (great bars/restaurants, etc.). Super convenient for people who need to attend the University of Western for any events as well as the cab ride is $16 door to door.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank CFO580
RIL2011, Director of Sales at Residence Inn London Downtown, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear CFO580,

I am glad to hear that we are your favorite hotel when coming to London. Thank you for this great review and you best describing our value added amenities. I also want to let you know that starting this month we have upgraded our internet service and complimentary Starbucks coffee in your suites made in our Keurig Machines. We look forward to serving you again the next time you are in London.