“Great location, clean and spacious room, with great breakfast”

Residence Inn London Downtown
Ranked #16 of 41 Hotels in London
Sarnia, Ontario
“Great location, clean and spacious room, with great breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stayed here for one night (thanks to Marriott points) and was immediately impressed with how close it was to downtown and everything we wanted to see and do. The staff were friendly, efficient, and accommodating, while our room was very clean and spacious, with the personal touch of a full candy dish, a bag of microwave popcorn, and Kuerig coffee cups a welcome addition. The underground parking at $12.00 a day was reasonable, making me feel that my classic car was safe and secure. Only surprising thing about this parking was the wicked curve at the bottom, which I cant even imagine how a larger vehicle would turn into the garage without some maneuvering. The bed was comfortable, shower nice and hot, and what a welcome treat to have a full sized fridge. The breakfast was far better than most, well stocked, and looked after by a small team of 4-5 hard working and friendly employees. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
RIL2011, Director of Sales at Residence Inn London Downtown, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear SunSeekerRon,

I am so glad that you enjoyed our Keurig Coffee, popcorn and candy in the suites. We try to make everyone feel at home and it sounds like you had a great time here at our hotel. Thank you for this review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Arabic first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

I was in London for business, stayed at this location for one week. The full kitchen at this hotel gave me the chance to cook my meals just like home.
Hotel also serves free breakfast and light dinner Monday to Thursday.
Staff are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed January 2014
Dear Taichingc,

Our location downtown is ideal, walking distance to a lot of local merchants and shops. Also ideal during the summer months with our festivals downtown. I am glad that you found value in our offerings with breakfast and dinners during the week. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

As always, Marriott Residence Inn delivers. Beautiful large rooms, good breakfast, and a good meal last night. The check in guy was great. Full of jokes which were appreciated after a long drive on the 401 from Toronto. Kitchen was well equipped and eating in was a nice change. The only minor complaint is the parking lot which has a sharp curve immediately after entering. A bit scary even with a smaller car. Excellent experience overall.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
RIL2011, Director of Sales at Residence Inn London Downtown, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Daniel19732013,

I am glad to hear that we met your expectations and thank you for this review. We look forward to serving you again in the future.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

What can I say about this hotel that hasn't been said before (my earlier post had over 3000 hits). This continues to be the only hotel we will stay in when we are in London. My mom and sister asked me to go to London because my mom wanted a little getaway. We stayed here in February when my dad had hear surgery (he is doing very well!) and we LOVED this hotel. I called and spoke with Corey and made arrangements for the same room. When my sister and mother arrived they were upgraded to a two bedroom suite. my mother has COPD and travels in a wheelchair and oxygen. Staying here was very stress free and relaxing for her, all the comforts of home available in a beautiful surrounding. She felt like a queen, with her robe waiting for her on her king sized bed. Thank you Corey for making this experience such a wonderful one! you went above and beyond and we are truly thankful. I recommend this hotel to any traveller visiting London.

Dear SophyaT,

I am glad to hear that your father is doing well. Also let your Mom know that she can be a queen all the time not just at our place. I will let Corey know your kind comments. We look forward to serving you and your family the next time you all are in London for another getaway.
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

My friend and I stayed one night for a college reunion. We asked for two beds and were upgraded to a two bedroom suite. We each had our own room with a king bed, plus a large kitchen, living room and fully functional bathroom. It only had a shower not a tub. It was very clean and so spacious. There really isn't a view but from the tenth floor you could the city from a good vantage point. The parking is a bit pricey at $12 per night. If you go on the weekend or in the summer, there is a school kitty corner to the hotel with a large parking lot that had a few cars stay overnight. The breakfast is delicious and there was plenty of food. Enjoy!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear LEllen12,

I hope that your college reunion was a big success! I want to thank you for this great review and hope that we see you next year. It is a beautiful view of the city on our tenth floor.
Toronto
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Our family stayed here for two nights last weekend. We were taking our 2.5 year old to Ride along with Thomas (as were a few other families staying at the hotel).

We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite as grandpa came along. The suite while spacious, is not exactly the 2 bedroom I was expecting. One of the bedrooms did not have a door, and was seperated from the living room by a wall. Not a big deal, but if you have two couples in the same unit, it may be a no no.

The breakfast was basic (scrambled eggs, potatoes and sausage) but convenient. Staff were very pleasant and friendly!

Grandpa has back issues and complained about the soft beds being an issue.

PROS:

-location
-bright decor
-lots of room
-friendly staff

CONS:

-tight parking downstairs - $12 charge
-not exactly a 2 bedroom as advertised
-beds not kind to bad backs

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank erristattle
RIL2011, Manager at Residence Inn London Downtown, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Good Day Erristattle
Thank you for taking the time to reflect upon your last stay with us.
I trust that your visit to St Thomas via London was a memorable one.
At the Residence Inn we have 5 different room types ranging from 575 sq ft
to 840 sq ft. All of our suites have kitchens, microwaves and dishwashers
to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
Your description of your room would fit our extended King Suite with King size
bed in a separate bedroom. As you mentioned the second King size bed is in
an open concept room with a 3/4 wall.
For your next stay I would recommend our largest Suite which has two King Size beds
in separate rooms as well as 2 bathrooms, this is a very popular room and might not have
been available at time of booking.

Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you in the future

Yours in hospitality

Maurice Plommer
Rooms Division Manager
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights with 5 adults and 1 toddler in the 2bdrm suite. It was clean and had plenty of space for everyone. Breakfast was fantastic, lots of options. Close walk to Richmond. Would definitely stay again.

Dear AndreaM357,

You are absolutely right about our spacious suites, I am glad to hear that you took advantage of our Hot Breakfast Buffet and found it satisfactory! We look forward to seeing you again in the near future!