Ramada London
Courtyard London(London)
Very Good 4/5
Average 3/5
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsfront deskdeep endfridge and microwavehockey teamcleaning staffrooms were very cleanhotel staffnon smoking roomeasy accessindoor poolhot breakfastdarrylmorrisontournamentexeterhighwaycanada
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 February 2012

There were *so* many things that went wrong with our stay I don't even know where to begin. We stayed as a group, booked for a hockey tournament by one of the moms who had clearly not visited the facility before deciding we were all going to stay there. Starting with the outside and working our way in:
The hotel is nice-enough looking for the most part at the front but when you get around to the side, the door handle to our wing was falling off (and, indeed, during our stay *actually* fell off). The security doors use your room key to allow entry but, apparently, during the day anyone can just walk in as the secure doors were not activated. This is only a two-storey building and there is obvious work to be done from the facing of the building and the blinds/curtains that look like they're barely hanging on.
The room, again, is nice-enough looking but really in need of a few updates. The television is so old that we could not plug in any of our modern-day accessories (games, camcorder). The alarm clock never worked because ... there was nowhere (near the beds) to plug it in. It just sits on the night-table, completely useless. When my husband decided to look around for a place to plug it in, he discovered a half-finished bottle of water lying on the floor near the bed so the cleaning staff had clearly not been thorough. The bathtub faucet had rust all over it, which grossed out the kids.
During our stay, I decided to try the fitness room while the rest of the family went for a swim. What a joke - there is one recumbent bike, one treadmill and one elliptical. The machines were not new but I gave them a go anyway. Ifigured I'd just watch some TV (looked like a newer TV than in our room) but there was no remote anywhere so I reached up to turn it on and discovered that half the screen was blank and the other half was fuzzy ... on every channel ... so watching TV was out too. Then I discovered that the bike was the only one piece of equipment that had a water bottle holder. I gave up after that and sat on the pool deck watching my family swim instead.
Upon arriving back at home, my husband needed to make an appointment to get his back fixed due to the uncomfortable sleep he got as well - he could barely bend that morning.
Overall, just an outdated facility and not worth the money in the slightest.
For $17 a night more, we could have stayed across the street at the brand new Holiday Inn and the kids eat free there (as opposed to paying the same price as an adult buffet breakfast at Ramada). Lesson learned.

Room Tip: Stay across the street at one of the newer hotels.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Wedding062009
Reviewed 22 February 2012

That's what it is. The property is extremely tired-looking and shabby, and the shades of dusty rose carpet, banquet upholstery and textured wallpaper are a dead giveaway that it hasn't seen a reno since the 80s.

The service staff are by no means polished, but they are friendly and for the most part try to make the best of this bad situation.

The restaurant is depressing, in the true sense of the word. I had the misfortune of chicken with a Caesar salad and could taste that the oil in the deep fat fryer had not been changed in months. The menu all but begs you to go elsewhere to eat.

Contrary to what some reviewers have written, there is free WiFi available and I had no difficulty getting a connection anywhere in the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 January 2012

This was by far my worst experience with the Ramada chain of hotels.
I was in town for a wedding and needed a room so booked this place with reward points. Not sure if this was the reason I was given such a poor room or not. The sink and bath tub were dirty and cracked. Screen on window was torn and falling out and wallpaper was hanging off the wall. Carpets were worn and old and chair had rips in it.
Never stay here again.

Room Tip: Find another hotel!!!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gerald Mr D
Reviewed 18 March 2011

Having business trip to Canada and my trip was scheduled by my company. With no choices, I stayed in Ramada. The room is very clean and tidy and I like the color tone. Service is okay as I didnt request for extra items. No bad, but not out-standing. For business short trip, its fine.

Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 September 2010

just dropping you a line thanking you for our stay last weekend. The room was excellent large King Size bed, microwave and bar fridge as well as high speed internet. Your host and Mike at the front desk were great. Didn't get to meet you but next year there will be more tournaments in London. Again thanks for the room and hope to see you next year.
message to Darryl Morrison manager of Ramada in London Ontario, Canada