“Dated”
Review of Ramada London

Ramada London
Ranked #21 of 41 Hotels in London
Reviewed 5 July 2013

The rooms are dated. The hallways reeked of smoke and the one of the side door's glass was smashed. I stayed here 3 nights with free breakfast. Order off the menu, if you want real eggs.
The staff was friendly and courteous. Time for some renovations.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Darryl M, Front Office Manager at Ramada London, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2013

Ragu_ON,

Thank you for offering your feedback regarding your stay. I am sorry that your night at Ramada London fell short of excellent. Unfortunately, the hotel hosted a couple of rowdy groups on this weekend that caused damage to the hotel and overlooked many of the hotel's rules and policies with respect to noise and smoking etc. Once these guests were removed from the hotel, we were able to refocus on providing great hospitality to our valued guests. Please contact me directly when you plan on returning to London as I am eager for an opportunity to show you the quality of hospitality that we have built a reputation for.

There are newer reviews for Ramada London

Reviewed 17 June 2013

Just booked another 10 day stay at this very well priced hotel. My husband and I travel on business and our next trip is about 70km away, but we chose to make the drive from this hotel rather than staying at an unknown closer to our daily business. Stayed a few weeks ago for 4 days. Not being from the area, were unsure of available accommodations. Ended up booking this hotel based on positive reviews on this site. Called hotel directly, spoke to Jeff who was extremely friendly and helpful. Offered us a great rate including breakfast (better than any I could find online), and was exceptionally courteous and efficient during our stay. Kudos Jeff!! You are an excellent host and a tribute to your profession. Joan was also very friendly the night that we arrived, during our check in and in assisting us with directions to various restaurants etc. in the area. The rooms were clean, well stocked ( I hate when you get only one towel per person and both need showers then have no dry towels for later in the evening), beds were very comfortable with pillow top mattresses and maid service was excellent. Breakfast in the dining room was very good and service was also good. The bathroom was a little dated, but was clean and had everything we needed. The hotel is conveniently located near any type of restaurant, store, bar that you'd need and right off the 401. All in all, a great stay and would recommend to any of our friends.

Room Tip: We had a second floor room near the stairs and were afraid that there may be a lot of noise but had...

Linda V,

Thank you for the flattering comments about the front desk staff. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your guestroom as well as the food and service in the restaurant. I am extremely proud of this fantastic team at the front desk as I truly believe that our service is second-to-none in this city! We look forward to welcoming you back when you return to London. Cheers!

Reviewed 4 June 2013

I have been staying there a night per week for the past few months and place is clean but needs updating, the beds are comfortable. The restaurant/lounge has good food, and the staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Shakeel M,

Thank you for posting this review. We are experiencing a strong increase in business travelers at Ramada London as word has gotten out about our service staff that continually find ways to go above and beyond for our guests. With so many hotels to choose from in south London, it is this standard of service that has set us apart from our competitors who offer newer hotels, standard service and much higher rates! Thanks again Shakeel.

Reviewed 4 June 2013

Stayed at Ramada for soccer tourney. Room smelled musty and two of our team member's rooms leaked. Dated rooms with can you believe it after all the info about it, they had real glasses to use to drink out of. Who in their right mind would use them this day and age. With allergy issues I called the front desk to get some foam pillows and they didn't have any so I suffered through out the night. Really?? Like I am the only person they have ran into that is allergic to feathers. Take my advice and go across the street to the Staybridge, Mariott or Hampton. They looked much newer and nicer. Some of these other hotels also include breakfast. I think one day that will be the norm as many hotels offer it now. The staff was friendly however the hotel is in dire needs of remodelling.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Dlboosh,

Thank you for posting your comments regarding your stay with us. I am truly sorry that you found your stay at Ramada London to be disappointing. With our renovation process still moving along, it is indeed frustrating at times that our room quality is not yet at par with our level of service that you mentioned. However, despite these renovations not being complete, we are still considered by many to be the best value hotel in south London as great hospitality is not merely defined by offering the greatest rooms, but instead the greatest overall guest experience. That being said, I hope you will give us another try in the future when our rooms have been completely renovated as I am sure you will be impressed. Cheers!

Reviewed 15 May 2013

Been staying here for the last 5 months for business and will continue to do so. I have found my experience each time greeted with warmth and comfort. The staff is excellent, the beds are comfortable and the rooms are well maintained. I do agree with other reviewers that the room decor is dated, but personally I don't care about that. Keep up the good work Ramada London!

Keith T,

As a regular client of Ramada London, we thank you for your loyal business and we will continue to do our best to offer you a home-away-from-home while you are traveling on business. Getting to know you, along with the dozens of other regular clients that we welcome back to Ramada London , is truly a pleasure. Cheers Keith!

Reviewed 10 May 2013

Been staying there a night or two per week for the past few months. The place is clean but needs updating, the beds are comfortable. The restaurant/lounge has good food, and the staff is friendly. Price is fair for what you get. I have stayed at a few other hotels around town when i can't get a room at the Ramada, but staying at the Ramada is almost like going home.

Wayne K,

Thanks for the great comments and posting your review. The service staff in the restaurant and front desk always look forward to your visits. Hopefully we will always have a room for you in the future as it is always a sad day when we have to turn away a great guest because we are sold-out. Cheers Wayne!

Reviewed 8 May 2013

Check in quick, staff extremely friendly. They had room ready with a crib. Room was clean as we're the hallways. Rooms and decor were dated though. Furniture in my room was dated, drawers stuck when I tried to open them. Comfortable beds and pillows, had a very good sleep. On Saturday night did hear people outside and was kind of loud but quieted down around 12 am. Tv remote would not turn tv on, but changed the channels. Good selection of programming. Mini fridge and microwave a plus, as well as free wifi.

Pool was clean but water was colder then expected. Not much else to explore around the hotel. Restaurant had good breakfast. Hotel close to London attractions and 10 min drive to downtown area.

Overall a good deal for the cost, but hotel does need a makeover, compared to other 3 star places I have stayed.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

JStebs,

Thank you for posting your review of your stay at Ramada London. I am pleased that you found your stay to be comfortable as we have recently updated all of our rooms with over-sized pillows and new linens. The pool heater was recently replaced as it was becoming a problem, so I am sure you will find the pool quite warm during your next stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed the food and I expect that you will find other new updates every time you visit us as we are continuing our renovation project through 2013/2014. Thanks again.