“good Vietnamese find in London”

Tamarine by Quynh Nhi
Ranked #20 of 1,102 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Tamarine is London's favourite spot for Vietnamese cuisine. We offer a tasty, healthy fusion of Thai, French, and Chinese flavours. For those seeking a tasteful culinary adventure in the heart of downtown London, Tamarine’s exciting selection of authentic Vietnamese fare is sure to delight. Since the opening of the original Quyhn Nhi restaurant in London, we have taken pride in introducing the city to the lush vibrancy of Vietnamese cuisine. Our new menu at Tamarine has been lovingly curated from traditional family recipes, and reimagined with a modern flair. Whether you are sharing colourful appetizers with intimate company or enjoying an exotic meal with a large party, you’ll soon discover why Tamarine by Quynh Nhi is a treasured local favourite. We look forward to having you as a guest of our family!
Reviewed 2 August 2014

The space is beautiful and can probably handle a large party if you give the restaurant sufficient notice. Went with a group of colleagues and we each ordered appetizer, entree, and dessert.

The appetizers are wonderful. I loved the Imperial rolls which are a bit more complex than the regular spring rolls. Wrap each bite in a bit of lettuce and mint to really have a delicious starter that is bountiful in flavours. I did not enjoy my Tilapia Butter as much as I thought I would. My error in ordering rather than poor execution from the kitchen. The dessert was tempura battered banana and a scoop of coconut ice cream. Yum!

I would love it if other servers from larger cities came to London just to experience the service that is given at restaurants. Can I just say how impressed I have been with the friendly, genuine and unobtrusive service delivered in London eateries? The fourth star given is certainly for the service. The young woman who served us even asked if we were in need of things to do while in the city before offering a few suggestions to us. Kudos to her!

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Travelling to London ON, we needed to find a place for dinner. Went to TripAdvisor and found Tamarine. Located downtown and close to our hotel and work destination, we decided to see what all the fuss was about.

When I am trying a new restaurant, or a new cuisine, asking for help from your server tends to pay off. For starters, in discussion with our server/chef/owner Quynh, we decided to go for the Tamarine Taste which offers a selection of various starters. This was a good choice, as I would never have intentionally ordered tea leaf beef. Great taste and wonderful textures. The spring rolls were delicious, as was the shrimp and mango salad.

For a main, we had the basil beef and the chicken coconut curry. the basil beef was fantastic with a simple lime/salt/pepper dipping sauce. I would strongly recommend this item, especially for someone whose food tastes tend to the more "simple". The taste was simply sublime. The chicken coconut curry features cooked tarot root and succulent/moist chicken in a deep dish with the curry sauce.

My wife had a glass of the Beringer's zinfandel. She has found her new favourite wine.

Well worth the money, and I now know why they have a second place rating on TripAdvisor. Looking for an excuse to visit London again. Soon.

1  Thank JJtheTraveller666
Reviewed 24 July 2014

had a great time with about 18 of us. Everything was served quickly, and with style! and it all tasted great. some of the favorites from our lunch were the green papaya salad, the canh chua soup, the pad viet and the hue spicy beef noodles.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We tried Tamarine because of it's tripadvisor rating and we weren't disappointed. The summer rolls were as fresh and tasty as I hoped and I tried the pineapple chicken for my entree. I only wish I had room to try a dessert.

We found the service was excellent and the prices were very reasonable.

We will definitely be back!!

Reviewed 19 July 2014

This is it. The one that I recommend to everyone who asks.

"Tamarine is an off-shoot of Quynh Nhi, the long-standing Vietnamese restaurant on Wharncliffe, and is located across the street from Budweiser Gardens, next to Kingsmills. So it’s always facscinating to me how many people haven’t heard of it.

I have told so many people about this restaurant, I feel like I’m witnessing to people about it.

MEGAN: I’m sorry ma’am. Do you have a moment to talk to me about heaven? And by heaven, I mean lemongrass chicken?

I’m a Tamarine missionary: less white shirt/backpack/Joseph Smith, more skirt/purse/Green Papaya Salad. "