“Regular Haunt” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jack Astor's Richmond Row

Jack Astor's Richmond Row
Reserve with OpenTable
Jack Astor's Richmond Row is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #229 of 1,043 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$7 - US$22
Cuisines: American, Bar, Canadian, Grill
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Brampton, Canada
“Regular Haunt”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

I am in London frequently on business and this is one place I frequent quite regularly. The food is good, the price is reasonable. There is always a game of some kind on the multiple screens worth watching. The staff is friendly and there is usually a cool slogan to be read on the staff t-shirts. LOL

Visited February 2014

Cambridge ON
“Typical roadhouse”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

Its very obvious this is a university town and the wait staff were all representative of that age bracket. They tended to chat with their friends rather than be attentive to their older customers which was a turn off. The food itself was good and the garlic bread is awesome.

Visited February 2014
Hamilton, Canada
“Not Sure if Correct Jack Astors”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

I am not sure whether this is the correct location, but, the one we attended was at the corner of Pall Mall St. in London. In any event, it was awful. It looks like they were renovating. The middle tables were so close to the booths you could hardly get to your seat. The washrooms were two sets of stairs up and they were something to be desired. They were freezing inside and dirty. When we wanted the bill, at the end of our meal, we waited and waited. Finally the host came over and asked how everything was. We said we were waiting for the bill and he finally went to get our waitress, which took another 5-10 minutes before she did come over. We used the debit machine and ended up leaving it on the table as no one came back to get it when we were ready to go. I hope this place is renovating for the better as I certainly would not go back to this particular location. We have been to two other locations in London and they were excellent so do not understand why this location was so different.

Visited January 2014
London, Canada
“Below Expectations”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

Been dining to Jack Actors in different locations in Ontario, primarily in London and GTA areas, but this location falls below expectation. Their menu are same but food here is mediocre when taste and presentation is concern. My husband and I just recently dine here for lunch, I ordered burger and he had a medium rare steak with mashed potato. The patty of the burger I had tasted like an old meat reheated and just topped of with veggies that doesn't look fresh either. My husband's supposedly medium rare steak is already cooked enough for a well done. They tried to change it but since their service is too slow we don't wanna wait another 20mins for a replacement for we will be late for our next appointment. Although the staff are very friendly and polite, most of them seems undertrained and dunno how to handle customer complaints. I would rather go to Crabby Joes for that price we paid and it'll end up cheaper and better flavour. So if you wanna dine in Jack Astor's I suggest to go to other locations and it might be much worth the visit.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mkrisanta
Toronto, Canada
“Need a manager”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

I recently visited this location for 2nd, and last, time. There is a glaring lack of management here compared to other Jack's I have visited. The food is the same (and quite acceptable) but the number of unsupervised and untrained servers is unbelievable. The servers are friendly enough if you can attract their attention but that is difficult. They tend to stand in groups chatting and checking their phones. We twice had to go up and break into the group to get someone's attention. One woman in our party asked one of the servers in a group if there was a manager on duty. One of the group (a woman) says "Yes, that's me" very cheerfully. We gave up and went on our way.

• Visited June 2013