“Nice rooftop patio for drinks”

Jack Astor's Richmond Row
Reserve with OpenTable
Jack Astor's Richmond Row is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #337 of 1,103 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$8 - US$24
Cuisines: Canadian, Bar, Grill
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Patio was great,had heaters which made it more comfortable. Staff was quick to light up a second heater for us on the other side of the table when we said we were still chilly. Food was good. Server was very sweet and friendly, but unfortunately, not efficient at all. She was not very attentive and we had to keep going to look for her and she wasn't really paying attention, so got our drink orders wrong, etc.. she wasn't very experienced and couldn't recommend wine. I think it's just a matter of having a bit more on the job training. We'd go back to have drinks on the patio, but likely sit closer to the bar.

1  Thank Christieann

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Went here with some friends, and had a nice table on the rooftop terrace. The people working there were serviceminded, but I'm a vegetarian and here I got the worst veggie burger I've ever had. It was really dry and tasted nothing at all. Disappointing.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Travelled to London for the day from Goderich to do some shopping and decided on Jack Astors for dinner. We do not have a Jack Astors in Sudbury and usually every time we are in southern Ontario we enjoy going, this was no exception. Although the evening was interrupted by the fire alarm for about 15 minutes there was no fire in the building it was at a building next door. We decided to sit through it and I'm glad we did. We got our appetizer (Garlic Pan Bread with Cheese) which was AMAZING. Our mains came and they were even better! I had the Sesame Chicken and I definitely recommend it! Kevin had a burger with sweet potato fries and would recommend it as well.
When we were finished with dinner the manager came around and apologized for the fire alarm and informed us he was taking care of our bill, which was great customer service.
All in all we were very impressed with the decor, the food and the service!
We will definitely be back next time we are in London :)

1  Thank SarahhhEA
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We stayed at the hotel nearby so went here our of convenience. We visited on a Wednesday night at around 7pm and it was packed and super loud. Loud music and lots of young loud people. Not that we're old (32 and 39) but it just seemed crazy.
Our food was very good. I had the chicken strips, which sounds boring, but they are fresh chicken strips that they break and fry to order. So juicy and fresh. I really enjoyed them. My husband had the french dip sandwich, which he also enjoyed. Nothing special, just good bar food.
We did have slow service though. She brought our drinks and it was quite a while before we finally saw her again to place our orders. The manager did come over and apologize for our wait which was nice because we didn't complain about it, but it still didn't go unnoticed.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

I come here fairly frequently when I am in town and decided, on this visit, to try something new. I decided on their fajitas. It was a sizzling skillet with meat and vegs and hot tortillas (served separately). This was a tasty choice but not something I will likely add to my regular roster of culinary choices. I do recommend this type of thing for those who have a taste for this sort of thing. I don't really. The service was good and the food was too, just that I will stick to the more conventional fare, all of which is good.