“For the money, not a bad spot.”

Knights Inn London Airport
Ranked #28 of 41 Hotels in London
Dundas, Canada
“For the money, not a bad spot.”
Reviewed 21 October 2012

Spent two nights here while in town for a sporting event. For the money we found that it was very good. Our room was dated, but clean. I was pleasantly surprised that we were given shampoo, soap etc as well as quite the breakfast in the mornings. Waffles, cereal, bagels, toast, fruit, coffee, tea, juice and all we paid was $55 for a night. As I had read in previous reviews the bathroom fan is loud, however, just take off the grill and unplug for your stay. Problem solved. As well, I must say that I had car trouble on the evening I was suppose to check in and my daughter that was staying with me was already in London. I called and told them my predicament and they allowed my daughter to get into our room and didn't ask her for any money, etc and waited till I arrived a few hours later to square up with them. I was very impressed by this...a lot of places would not do this!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank formykids12
HASMUKH P, Director of Sales at Knights Inn London Airport, responded to this review, 23 October 2012
We are so happy that you stayed with us and Thank You for taking time to post your comments and feedback!! We hope to see you again in the future.

Dilip P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Albany, NY, United States
Reviewed 3 October 2012

The management really cares about making guests happy. We left behind our daughter's favorite doll and the owner shipped it to us at his own expense -- the shipping was international and expensive, but the owner appreciated the sentimental value of the doll and went above and beyond expectations to get it back to us. Such customer care is truly exceptional. Our actual stay was uneventful (a good thing!), there was a free breakfast, and the room was clean. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a good value in London -- you can rest assured that the owner will do his best to make your stay a happy one!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Cynthia N
Dilip P, Owner at Knights Inn London Airport, responded to this review, 5 October 2012
Thank You for taking time to post your amazing comments!!
supporting comments!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 21 September 2012

You know, lots of other budget hotels still don't have flat screen TVs. I was impressed with that.

For the price, the stay is worth it. Would I consider this places luxurious, no. It is what it is! The room I had was a single double bed with a small table and two chairs. There was not much more space than that. The room came with a fridge and microwave. There was a very loud semi-working air conditioner.

But you know, for the price I still can not complain.

Try to avoid the free breakfast in the morning - coffee was terrible.

Stayed here back in July. The vehicle with the two flat tires was there then; sounds like two months later in September it is still in the parking lot.

Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank CndTrvlr042
Thank You for taking time to post your encouraging comments!!
We are so happy that you stayed with us and even more thankful for your
supporting comments and feedback!

Reviewed 16 September 2012

Best price in compare to other motels all over london. Staff is so friendly and helpful, rooms are clean.. The best price you can get in near London Downtown. Surely recommend this place and would love to come and vist this place whenever I'll visit london.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank Samy4444
Thank You for taking time to post your encouraging comments!!
We are so happy that you stayed with us and even more thankful for your
supporting comments and feedback!

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We were just passing through London and I choose this hotel based on price and reviews which indicated it was acceptable as a budget hotel. We arrived to find 10-15 young men clustered in the back of the U-shaped court talking and watching us unload our car; rather intimidating. As for the room, the carpet was filthy, you could see where there had been holes in the walls that had been patched and sanded but the walls not repainted, one of the bedside lights had a switch that didn't work and the lamp was literally falling apart. There were five other cars in the parking lot besides ours, one of which had two flat tires, although I saw at least thirty people during the course of our stay. A taxi pulled up late and deposited four people across from us, one of whom was so drunk he would have fallen over if his companions hadn't held him up. I only found out the next morning when several of the young men came over to speak to me briefly that they were students from India studying at a local college; both were very pleasant. Still that didn't really change the experience. I would recommend this place only for a male traveler looking for the lowest price in London who is arriving late and leaving early.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank slowtime
Dilip P, Owner at Knights Inn London Airport, responded to this review, 5 September 2012
Dear Guest,

Our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your recent stay with us. Please accept our sincere apologies for the difficulties you encountered while
you were our guest. We get a lot of students in last week of August and first week of student from all over the world. There might be cultural differences as you noticed. All your remaining points are well taken and you noticed that the holes in the walls were plugged for refinishing. We will complete our renovation work in the room that you stayed in.

To all our future and current guests:

Our goal and mandate is to deliver clean room and if you do not find then please let front desk know to move your better room or transfer you to other Wyndham Chain Motel/Hotel.
As mentioned before our carpet change project is in order and we are working on it, and we will be done with carpet replacement by November.

Thanks and appreciate your feedback.
Dilip P

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Gurnee, Illinois
Reviewed 19 August 2012

The room smelled terribly musty and had stains on the celiling - along with dead bugs. The beds were terrible. The a/c was a small window unit that was extremely noisy and barley cooled the room. There was also a note that said to turn it off when you left the room. The carpet was so dirtly that our socks looked like we had walked thru the dirt. The bathroom - eww. The outlets we so loose i thought they might fall out of the walls. I'm not kidding when I say that both my husband and I thought that there were hookers keeping a room there. The office smelled terrible (but maybe just because I don't like Indian food). Were were charged for the entire amount of our stay upon checkin. Had we not, I would have gone to a different hotel. A clean room is all I ask for and this did not deliver. I don't know what kind of accomodations others that have rated this hotel at 4-5 are accustomed to, but this was a pit.

Room Tip: Choose a different place to stay.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ellbee62
Dilip P, Owner at Knights Inn London Airport, responded to this review, 24 August 2012
Dear Guest,

Our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us in May-2012. Some other comments on people and food smell and rest are well taken. But many things have been changed between May-2012 and Aug-22-2012.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the difficulties you encountered while
you were our guest.

To all our future and current guests:

Our pesticide company takes care of all rooms and they checked and take care of all. We have relatively new bedding items,
and use Window A/C. If anyone has issue with A/C then we replace right away as we keep extra new A/Cs in stock.
We wish customer helps in saving energy and try to be environment friendly. In Canada Electric power is expensive then USA.
Some of room needs new carpet and we are working on that project, and we will be done with carpet replacement by November.

Thanks and appreciate your feedback.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 15 August 2012

At the last minute we decided to stay over in London and needed a cheap place to stay, so we came here (guided through TripAdvisor reviews).
The room itself was clean, but the area made my family and I feel quite uncomfortable. It seemed quite sketchy. The rooms are very worn and there was a strong smell of cigarette smoke and cleaner in the non-smoking room.
However we made it through the night, the beds were pretty comfortable and were relieved that we had found a clean place that was inexpensive that accommodated our family of 5.
Also the kids loved the murals on the walls and when we were checking in the young man at the reception desk was very friendly and helpful. .

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank sazdunez
Dilip P, Owner at Knights Inn London Airport, responded to this review, 16 August 2012
Thank you for your encouraging feedback. We continuously improve services at our property and consider customer feedback as measurement tool. Thanks again and will be happy to welcome you again. Dilip P