“Good and Bad”

Ranked #25 of 41 Hotels in London
Harrow, ON
“Good and Bad”
Reviewed 16 November 2012

My mother booked a 5 night stay at this hotel as my father was having surgery at a London Hosptial. They offered my mom a better rate due to this. And they also upgraded her to a suite. I came and stayed with her one of the nights. He suite was better than an average room. It was nice to have a living room to sit and visit. (instead of sitting on the bed all the time).
They got my mother a fridge to keep food and drink cold which was nice.
This hotel is a good location if you want to visit downtown london, but not pay the high price of some of the hotels. You are probably 1/2 a mile from downtown. The bed was good, and so was the shower. Everything was clean, but the carpet and furnashing was a little outdated.
My only complaint about this hotel (and it's not the hotel,,,,) it was the traffic going by all night that i could hear. Not to mention the fire trucks, via rail and police sireans. I guess that is what you get when you are close to the city. I'm from a small town.
And for those of you looking for adult entertainment, the Beef Baron is right next door. LOL

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Heather M
Brad S, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 20 November 2012
Good Evening Heather M,

I was very happy to hear that you and your mother enjoyed your stay with us. It is unfortunate to learn your mother was here to go to the hospital however this is why we have special rates to help ease the burden of such trips. I hope all is well with both you and your mother.
I would like to apologize that your suite furnishings were not quite up to your standards however I would like to assure you that we are updateing all of our rooms with new paint, carpet and furnishings but can only do a few rooms at a time. I do hope that you stay with us again on your next visit to London and I again hope that all is ok with your mother. Thank you for choosing the Econolodge London!!

Sincerly,

Econolodge London

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Markham
Reviewed 10 November 2012

The place is quite unassuming from the outside, but I was pleased enough to return and bring people along the second time.

The carpet was a little worn down in one of the rooms I stayed in, but otherwise the rooms were nicely furnished and clean. More importantly, the bathrooms were well-appointed, quite spacious and also spic-and-span.

In-room wireless worked great -- always a plus.

Complimentary breakfast was self-serve continental and does the trick.

Only downside is the location, I suppose. It's within walking distance to things, but pretty much neighbours with a gentlemen's club. That said, I felt safe checking in alone, burdened with too many bags and late at night and I didn't notice any public debauchery or anything, so don't get the wrong idea.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank 2DallahChow
Brad S, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 15 November 2012
Dear 2Dallahchow,

I am very happy that you enjoyed your recent stay. It is always great to hear how we are doing! I would like to let you know I am sorry that the carpet was a little worn in your room however I would like to advise you that we are undergoing extensive renovations and are replacing all the carpet in all rooms. Again I am sorry however I am very happy that the cleanliness of your room was up to your standards. We hold our room attendants to the highest standard when it comes to cleaning and I will be sure to pass on your review so that they can kn ow to how they are doing.
Finally as you mentioned, unfortunately we can't choose what buisnesses are around us however we do our very best to make sure that the hotel and the property are the safest they can be for our guest. the health and safety of our guests are the most important thing to us and we are very happy that you felt safe during your whole stay.
Again thank you for staying with us at the Econolodge and we hope to see you next time you are in London.

Happy Travels,

519-433-8161
Stratford, Canada
Reviewed 16 October 2012

My partner and I have stayed at this place several times over the years and have seen a definite improvement under the new ownership.
While it was never really bad, it was a tad "worn around the edges" but the new management is changing that in a big way.
The price is still very good and the staff is very accommodating. The room we had last week for two nights had recently been redecorated and with the curtains drawn, we could have been in any Holiday Inn or similar. Awesome shower water pressure, clean room and friendly staff. The location of the hotel is good, being very near the places one would want to visit, like downtown, theatres, museums, good restaurants and such, but the neighbourhood is an old one and frankly not the best, but this is not the fault of the hotel. Since we are not eating and sleeping in the (well-lit) parking lot, then we do not care about the outer surroundings. The bonus is the proximity to the entertainments we were in London to enjoy, the price and the experience of being away from home. We will continue to stay here when in London but will enjoy our visit more now than we did before.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
LondonTourism, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 18 October 2012
Dear Robin M,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review about the Econolodge. i am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is great that you got to stay in one of our newly renovated rooms. As you can see throughout the hotel we are doing extensive renovations throughout all the common areas as well as the rooms. Unfortunately as you know we don't get to choose the companies around the area but we do our very best to make sure that there is no unfavorable people in the hotel or on the property. We do have cameras in the parking lots and we regularly monitor them as well and don't seem to have any issues. We are very well located and again we are very happy that you found this convenient for you. We hope to see you the next time you travel through London.

Sales 7 Marketing Manager
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 16 October 2012

I loved the atmosphere at this hotel the management was very inviting and gracious . It was a great price compared to all the expensive hotels downtown and the service was great. The rooms were spacious and very clean. The best part was the complimentary breakfast. The location was also great and close to many attractions. I had a great time with family and friends and made memories that will last last. I would advise anyone to go to this hotel .

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Good Evening Priya P,

I am extremely pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Econolodge. We strive to be your hotel of choice. Our housekeepers are very thorough and our management team is always here to help in anyway we can. I know we get many of our guests stating that they are happy with the breakfast provided and our great location. Again I would like to thank you for letting us know how we are doing and we hope to see you next time you are in London.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 13 September 2012

I have reviewed this hotel before. The owners had done a lot over the past year to improve the look and feel of this hotel. The service continues to be excellent-there is a friendly, family atmosphere with the entire staff.

Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Dear Mberg101,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us here at the Econolodge. We have indeed done lots of renovations to the hotel and we are still doing many to improve the hotel. We strive to be your home away from home. I would like to thank you once again and we hope to see you next time you are in London.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 29 July 2012 via mobile

Have stayed at many hotels in a wide variety of locations and would have to say this is by far the worst experience ever. It was down the street from the Convention Center, however situated next door to a Strip Club. This motel is used by next door patrons to do there business. The management is trying to revamp the place but it has a long way to go. We usually stay at 3 star, midrange hotels like Marriott and Sheratons, but this place is no comparison. If Choice Hotels were ever to inspect this place, I'm sure they would take away their affiliation. It is also a Smoking motel. For those who gave this motel a high recommendation, questionable motivation.

• Stayed June 2012
10 Thank BT-Traveller
buisnessman_12, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 31 July 2012
Hello BT-Traveller,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Our hotel did not choose to be located next to a strip club, but we make sure no strippers enter our hotel to keep it a safe-friendly environment. Yes, this hotel has rooms that are smoking and non-smoking in this hotel, it is specified throughout the hotel and on all booking sites.

I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and we hope to have the honor of hosting you again in the future.

Mike Patel
EconoLodge General Manager
(519)-433-8161
Vinhedo, São Paulo, Brazil
Reviewed 29 June 2012

I was there in the last week, and was very good!!
All the employers was so nice and help me with everything!!
Thanks everyone at Econo Lodge!!

Natalia

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Brad S, Director of Sales at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 5 September 2012
Good Afternoon Natalia N,

I would very much like to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay and will make sure to pass on to the front desk staff your kind words.
We look forward to you staying with us on your next visit to London.

EconoLodge London