“Five stars for Hospitality!”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #25 of 41 Hotels in London
Ottawa, Canada
“Five stars for Hospitality!”
Reviewed 31 March 2013

With my job, I travel often and stay at many hotels. This is by far the best, most welcoming hotel! It doesn't look like much from the outside, and the rooms are not luxurious by any means, but the manager Mike Patel makes it so comfortable and enjoying that you overlook the rest. Equipped with T.V., fridge, ironing board, and hairdryer, the only thing missing is a little microwave. Ask nicely and Mike will provide you with that too. I would trade a nice hotel room with crappy managers any day for this place! I hope to have the chance to return here one day, and yes, you guessed it..I will be back to Econo Lodge again :) Extremely friendly, polite, cheerful, and helpful. Mike always will accommodate his guests. I feel right at home. Thank you Mr. Patel

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 20 March 2013

Stayed here for the World Figure Skating Championships. Hotel was full with many international guests. Staff, in particular General Manager Mike, were very helpful to these guests in finding transportation, restaurants etc. Really acting as host.

Rooms are clean, bed was very comfortable. Breakfast room - coffee, tea, juice, fruit, cereal, muffins, croissant, toast, bagels and waffles. Bring your own protein. Hotel was quiet - not that skating fans are a rowdy crew - no issues with strip club next door.

Location is about 20 minute walk or $10 cab ride to downtown. Bus stops on York or more frequent service 2 blocks north on Dundas. Restaurants on Dundas several blocks away

I would recommend.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I stayed at the Econo Lodge in London for four days. The location is great, it takes just a 15 minute walk to get to Covents Market, Dundas Street, Victoria Park, Budweiser Arena and Citi Plaza and a 10 CAD max. taxi ride to Victoria Hospital surroundings.

The place is ok, very clean, people at the front desk were really nice all the time. They kindly let me check out an hour later (check out is at 11:00am) and accepted to take care of my belongings while I wandered around downtown since my bus left at 5:30pm The continental breakfast consists of bagels, blueberry muffins, waffles, cereal, English muffins, coffee and orange juice and honestly, to me it was more than enough, as I was on a very tight budget.

The only incident I can rate as not so good was when the sink stopped working properly. They sent two maintenance guys to fix the problem and it took them about an hour. The men were very nice actually but I had a date and got there late since I had to wait for them to finish.

Later that night, my date, who had worked in a couple of hotels before, told me the hotel should have changed me to a different room instead of making me wait for the sink to be fixed.

It wasn't a big deal for me that they didn't but I just wish I had known that before so I wouldn't had been late (this was my first time traveling alone).

If I return to London anytime soon I'd definitely consider staying there again.

• Stayed February 2013
Englehart, Canada
Reviewed 10 March 2013

We stayed here for 4 days while visiting a relative in the hospital and had a good time. The front desk staff were very friendly, helpful and very accommodating. They took the time to answer any questions we had and if we needed anything, made sure we got it. The room was very spacious, the bathroom large and up to date. A fridge in the room was a plus, as was the coffee maker and laundry facilities down the hall. All the cleaning staff were very friendly and kept the room fresh and clean, making our stay enjoyable. The complimentary breakfast had a good variety of food for all tastes. Our room was quiet both from the outside and from the inside, making sleeping pleasant. The beds were so comfortable I wouldn't mind having them at home. For the price, the room was one of the best values for our money. I already told the managers when we're in London again, we are definitely staying at this hotel. They are still renovating but the work didn't interfere with our stay at all. In fact, we saw the workers but not them working, but did see their results.

We highly recommend this hotel for your next stay in London.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
London, Canada
Reviewed 13 February 2013

Moved here for a bit and the service was excellent! :) very happy with everything. If you're looking for a hotel downtown at a great rate this is the place to go :D friendly staff, clean and quiet rooms and so close to everything. Don't really know why else to say except you'll love it if you choose them.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Julia S
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 29 December 2012

I stayed here alone at Christmas time and the manager was so caring at offering a hand and recommending places open and made it a much less sad experience, similarly the other staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was lovely and spacious and I was incredibly comfortable. Great value for money, as is the breakfast with lots of options including fruit. I would be careful of the area if travelling alone but it was near the station which is handy. Thank you again for helping me out so much

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Jess W
London, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 24 December 2012

It was an alright stay. Myself and my boyfriend bought a groupon online because it was a good deal. The groupon was already paid for, we get to the hotel and have to pay a $50 deposit. I thought this was crazy since it was already paid for. They had us booked for the wrong day and the room smelt horrible. The only good thing about this hotel is clean rooms, and free breakfast. I still haven't got the $50 back on my account at all. I guess you get what you pay for, I won't ever stay here again though. It was a close walking distance to the casino and downtown which was great.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Ashley G
Brad S, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 7 January 2013
To Ashley G,
Thank you for taking the time to review our business. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations! Providing our guests with the best hospitlaity and service is our mission. We have addressed the staff about the room odour and spoken to the employee in question. Please give me a call at your earliest convienence and I will investigate the issue regarding the security depoist. We hope to hear from you very soon and wish you the very best and a Happy New Years!
Best Regards,