“Convenient stay”

Ranked #25 of 41 Hotels in London
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Convenient stay”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

This is an average budget hotel that was clean, convenient and felt safe (despite being next to a nightclub that was a tad loud at closing time at 2am). The front desk clerk, Mike P., was very polite and helpful! The wifi is a bit shotty for cell phones down in the breakfast room, but accessible. The only thing I'd change is to include something gluten free with the cont breakfast other than fruit. :(

Next time we go to Sunfest, we'll be staying here! It's walkable by 10 blocks to Victoria Park; or $5 to park downtown.

Room Tip: make sure you have all amenities. We didn't have a microwave in our room but our friends did...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
buisnessman_12, Owner at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Hello,

Thank you very taking time out of your day to write a review for our business. I really apperciate the kind words about our staff and your stay with us at the EconoLodge as our cheif goal is to provide guests with great hospitality and great service. ! I hope you enjoyed your time at Sunfest and hope we can provide everything you need upon your next visit with us! We look forward to seeing you in the near future!

Kind regards,

Sushila Patel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 6 July 2013

What I love most is excellent customer service. Every time I am in London for work, I usually stay here because they provide great service. I recommend Econo Lodge to everyone who needs a place to stay whenever they are in London!

Room Tip: Good rooms for a good price!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Hello Frank,
Thank you for taking your time to write a review for our business. We really appreciate the effort you made to let future guests know about your experience at the hotel. Our main goal is to provide guests with hospitality and great service. I hope to see you soon!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I attended my cousin's wedding in London 2 weeks ago and my wife and I stayed at this hotel, there arent a lot of bells and whistles but the rooms were clean, breakfast was good and the gentleman who worked the front desk during the day that weekend was fantastic, very approachable about anything and willing to try to help, a definite plus for any hotel. If we ever go back to london again I will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Hello,

I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We really love hearing feedback from our guests as it helps us do a better job. We do our best to make every guests stay as pleasant as it can be. Hopefully you enjoyed the wedding you attended that weekend and I personally hope to see you soon.

Georgina, Canada
Reviewed 20 June 2013

This was just what we were looking for during our first trip to London. All we needed was a place to stay close to the event at the Western Fair grounds we were attending. What we got was great value for our money. Clean, comfortable room, friendly and attentive service, plus extras we hadn't counted on - free WiFi in our room, and a complementary continental breakfast with a good selection of cereal, bread, and pastries. We'll definitely stay there again if we return to London.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Hello Margaret H,

I am really glad we helped with you enjoying your first trip to London. We thrive to make sure every guest that stays with us are comfortable at all times. We added quite a few more things to our breakfast, such as a waffle maker, to make sure our guest have variety in their breakfast. Hopefully, you will return to London and we hope you stay with us.

waterloo
Reviewed 4 June 2013

very calm, clean rooms, friendly staff. very good quality toiletries, complementary WIiFi, very comfortable for short business trips, very good value for your payment. I was there yesterday, and for sure if there's a chance i'll stay in this hotel again! Thank you!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Hi Mona,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. It's great to hear how we are doing. Our staff works hard to keep rooms clean, and provide great guest service as we want our guests to feel as if they are at a home away from home. Hopefully, we will be seeing you soon.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This is the second time I have been to the hotel and I have reviewed it previously. The first time was a great visit so I came back and I am very glad I did. They have recently renovated a lot and the appearance of this hotel has been really upgraded. I have so many great things to say about this hotel IT IS UNBELIEVABLE. The management is super friendly and try to accommodate all the needs of their guests. They welcome guests with open arms and make you feel like your at home. Another great benefit was the complementary breakfast which really made it easy for us since I went with I went with my family. Its a great start to the day when everyone gets to eat till they are full. Our rooms were really spacious and more importantly clean. The location of the hotel is great we could drive to close by malls and restaurants. We loved the park that is located really close to this hotel ( 5 min) its a great place to spend some quality time with the family and even some alone time on the nice quite pathway that runs around the park. The staff were very polite and resourceful when we asked for help to find some nearby attractions. There is an amazing white sand beach located not to far away , it was like nothing i have seen before and the water was clean as well.
Since I went with family it was important for me to find a place where we would feel safe and secure and Econologde is perfect. Unlike some other hotels that allow any guests to enter, this hotel makes sure that their location is a safe place to be .
I cant wake to come back when the weather heats up more and make more unforgetable memories with my family at this hotel
Its really a great place to stay I do not think i can ask for more
They have amazing prices , you will get your moneys worth

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Hello Priya P,

We were absolutely delighted when we saw your review as we could tell how much time and effort you put into writing such an extensive review. I am very pleased that your second visit was as good as the first. We try very hard to make every visit for a guest as comfortable as it can be. To add to this comfort, we are currently renovating many rooms and I am glad you got to stay in one of our renovated rooms. As you can see throughout the hotel we are doing extensive renovations throughout all the common areas as well as the rooms. We have installed cameras all around our building and have a front desk worker in our building 24 hours a day to make sure the health and safety of our guest comes first. I am happy that your family enjoyed their second stay with us as well. I am happy that the location of the hotel proved to be a good asset to your stay as well. Hopefully, we will be seeing your family soon as we loved seeing you guys!

Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I used points for a night at this hotel. Not located in the greatest area but I did not feel unsafe. I was checked in by a kid who was about 14 years old - he was on top of it and was very professional. Room was fine with plenty of TV selections. Most importantly the room was very clean. No issues at all. Considering I was staying at an EconoLodge - I have no complaints.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Hello Kevin B,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. The young gentleman that checked you in was our younger son as we are a family business so everyone in the family helps around the building. He is a very friendly boy and I am happy to hear he is doing a great job at such a young age. We strive to be your hotel of choice. Our housekeepers are very thorough and our management team is always here to help in anyway we can. Hopefully you come back and stay with us again.