“Nice place with great price”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #25 of 41 Hotels in London
Windsor, Canada
“Nice place with great price”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We come to this hotel every summer. I noticed there has been many upgrades to the lobby and rooms. The couple at the front desk and staff were very friendly and accommodating. The room was very comfortable and clean. I would recommend this hotel. It is close to a lot of attractions and is a good value.

Room Tip: second floor seems the nicest
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Ravi P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
I would like to thank you for taking the time and posting your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the EconoLodge hotel. We truly appreciate you recognized our hard efforts into revamping the hotel in all aspects. We hope to keep prospering and hope we can get your feedback the next time you join us at the Econo! We thank you for the recommendation and look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in London.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 24 July 2014

1.The elevator stunk like old food and B.O.
2. The floor in the bathroom and room entrance was sticky/ greasy
3. The room smelled like a meat packing plant/ dirty dish rag combo
4. The room was very warm and stuffy when we walked in. Turned the very old and dirty air conditioner on- it actually shook and banged when it went on and off
5. We did not know this when we booked the room, but there is a strip club right next door and since our room was at the front of the hotel, the patrons often loitered right under our window to smoke and socialize
6. For most of the night, the people across the hallway were yelling, slamming doors, leaving their door ajar so visitors could come and go, just being extremely rude guests.
7. I tried to call the front desk around 1 AM to complain about the noise only to find out that the room phone was completely dead. Upon further inspection, I noticed that the phone jack was ripped right out of the wall.
8. Had to use my cell phone to call the front desk (a long distance call for me). The clerk went to the room across the hall and asked them to close their door. Things were quiet for about 5 minutes, then it all started up again
9. My sister also had a room there that night- opposite end of the hotel- it smelled worse than mine did and the inside door lock did not work.
10.Couldn’t stomach breakfast there after the sleepless night, so upon checkout, I asked the clerk and manager/ owner for a discount due to having to use my cell phone. They seemed to not hear me and charged the full rate to my card. Out of principal I insisted on getting something at least for the cell phone use…they actually asked me how much the call cost- as if I had magically received a phone bill during the night. While the manager was doing his best to ignore me the clerk decided to tell me I should get a better cell phone plan…Begrudgingly and after quite some time and much discussion, they gave me $3 cash.

***This is one place I will never stay again, and I recommend to everyone to avoid this place…

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Anna F
London, Canada
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We needed an affordable place to stay in London for a few days while we looked for a home to rent. During that time, the staff was extremely welcoming, helpful and accommodating and took care of our every need. We had a basic room and it was clean and comfortable. We would recommend this hotel ti family and friends and would not hesitate to come back. If you are looking for a clean, comfortable night's sleep with outstanding customer service at a fair price, this hotel is for you.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you kindly in taking the time in posting your wonderful review! We strive to provide customers with everything they need the moment they walk in our hotel and we are glad you have recognized our hard work! We thank you for staying with us at the Econo Lodge and certainly hope to see you again in the near future!
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I felt free for one week stay here. Not so far from a bus stop. The people are friendly and make my bed tidy everyday. Actually, really don't think the soap should be changed everyday. In total, I like here.

Room Tip: The room I lived was really big. I needn't a telephone but the internet is good.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Ravi P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
We are glad we had met your expectations during your recent stay with us! Thank you kindly for taking the time in posting your review! We are glad you found your stay and the advantages of our location to your liking! We will be sure to let our housemaids know that you enjoyed their hard work! We really look forward to seeing you again soon!
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This is a very nice hotel. Our room was very comfortable. The staff was very efficient and helpful, they went out of there way to accomadate our needs. Highly recommended. The hotel is very close to the downtown area of the city, as well as Victoria Park the site of the Sunfest world music festival, a very popular event that takes place every year in London.
Roy Adams

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Ravi P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
I would like to thank you for posting this wonderful review! We strive each and every day to better assist all our guests with the best customer service expierence possible and provide the home away from home expierence as well! We are pleased to hear that you took advantage of the nearby downtown London events, such as the Annual Sunfest. We hope to see you again in the near future and it was a pleasure having you! Enjoy you summer!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The hotel was clean, new and beautifully furnished. Staff were amazing on check in! The complementary internet worked without a hitch and the suite had all the required amenities. Free parking. The breakfast was very nicely presented and fully stocked. I felt that I am at home away from home. Would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the London ON area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Ravi P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
We are very glad we had met all your expectations during your last stay with us and thank you kindly for taking the time in posting this wonderful review! We have recently incorporated new items to our breakfast menu and have upgraded our internet services and we are glad you enjoyed them! Please stop by anytime you are back in London as we are eager to see you again soon!
Mount Prospect, Illinois
Reviewed 25 June 2014

staff was very cooprative service was very good room was clean break fast was good enjoy the stay good for that price staff try to make our stay nice and comfortable not much disturbance
over all stay was good

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Ravi P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thank for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time for posting the kind review! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you back again!