Inn-Chanted Forest Bed and Breakfast
US$97
US$82
Courtyard
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsb bgibbons parkcedar hollowoutside entranceone nightensuite bathroomwestern universitynight's sleepuniversity hospitallondon areawould stay here againnancychantssunroomlocksurgeryfridge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 June 2013

This was our second stop on the way to Detroit. We wanted something close to Detroit so that we could get a good night's sleep and be refreshed before arriving in Detroit. This was only 122 miles from our destination. We wanted a property in a nice neighborhood and not in the downtown area. This was a little bit further than we anticipated. We were surprised when we arrived. The home was not your typical "older house" but a rather modern home, in a very nice neighborhood. The furnishing too were much more modern that you would normally see in B&B's. Nancy greated us at the front door. We arrived early in the evening and acknowledge that we must be tired and would want to retire to our room. The entire house, rooms and bathroom were immuculate! In the morning we had breakfaxt in the sunroom. We were not offered a selection for the main part of our breakfast but the food Nancy served was wonderful. After fininshing she did ask if we wanted and thing else. Breakfast was only available to us from 8:15 to 9:00 AM. I would highly recommend stopping here for a night.

Room Tip: If you have a preference for breakfast you might want to ask about the possibility. While the ground floor is nice it is ajacent to the sunroom and you will here the other guests sitting down to eat.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richard B
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I was staying alone for one night and the hosts Mike and Nancy were very pleasant and friendly, and made me feel at home very quickly. The house is newly renovated and so everything was spotless. Linens, towels, bed furnitures etc were excellent quality matching any good hotel's. A very charming house with beautiful front garden, and a lovely sunroom to have breakfast in, which was delicious and simple. If you enjoy a quiet home with quirky touches and some friendly people to keep you company (without being intrusive in any way), this is a great place for both leisure and business.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank FL519
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Inn-Chanted was excellent for our weekend getaway. Mike was a great host and makes an amazing breakfast. Our suite was spacious, nicely decorated, comfortable and very clean! The neighbourhood it's situated in is great for evening walks with the nice houses and big ol' trees. Also a nearby park which was great for our dog. We'll be back at some point in the future.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CHM949
Reviewed 1 March 2013

I had to stay overnight in London due to bad weather. None of the hotels listed appealed to me. I was lucky that this popped up as a banner on another site while I was checking rates. The house is very well located. My room and bathroom were both well appointed, spacious and comfortable. Mike and Nancy were very professional and very accommodating. Breakfast was outstanding. Definitely a hidden gem that deserves greater exposure on Trip Advisor.

Room Tip: Two out of the three rooms have private bathrooms.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank ptinthill
Reviewed 5 February 2013

I stayed here fore 2 weeks in September 2012 and for a night in January 2013. Both stays were wonderful. Mike and Nancy are incredibly nice, helpful, and available, but not overly intrusive in any way. Their home is located in a genteel neighbourhood that is close to downtown and the university but away from traffic. Parking readily available though I didn't use it. I normally have some trouble sleeping but the entire house was incredibly quiet and I had no issues at all. The rooms and washroom are spotless and towels/soap/etc readily available. Mike and Nancy renovated the entire house very recently so everything feels very new. They were also very accommodating during my stay and even drove me to work a couple of times. During my stays, I met singles and couples. A very high recommendation for all travellers.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo