“Renovations mean no service”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Courtyard London

Courtyard London
Ranked #17 of 41 Hotels in London
Ottawa
“Renovations mean no service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

On arrival we discovered the horel was being renovated (apparently that was on their own website but nowhere else). Copnsequently there were no facilities or services. This lack was not helped by indifferent staff who seemed to think it was a real problem serving customers. The room was OK and the price too.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
9 Thank GeraldineOttawa
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard London, responded to this review, 8 May 2012
GeraldineOttawa,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received service which was unacceptable. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Ben J
IHG Care

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

I booked this hotel 11 days in advance, based on the reviews, reasonably priced, and had a pool and fitness centre. Upon arrival read sign saying pool, fitness centre and restaurant was closed for renovations. Wish I knew ahead so I could have found a similarly priced hotel with the same amenities elsewhere. Apparently, the front desk staff said calls were made a few days prior to advise but I never received such a call. Renovations are planned well ahead. Wish they could have had the courtesy to let guests know well ahead as well. They did offer me to use the neighbouring hotel's pool / fitness centre but did not want to walk 100m in the sub-zero temps after the pool to return to my hotel.

Room was comfortable but problem connecting to wireless network. Would have rated it VG otherwise. Would I stay there again? Yes, but I'll call the hotel to make sure the amenities are operational.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
9 Thank LeftTheBldg
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard London, responded to this review, 7 April 2012
LeftTheBldg,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to London.

Ben J
IHG Care
London, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

Nothing spectacular here...clean rooms at a decent price. We had a midnight check in and our rates were inflated when we arrived, but the girl behind the desk dropped our rate to match what we had reserved on line. Don't stay here for the food or services (the restaurant was closed most of the time), but it is quiet and the beds are really good. Close to every type of restaurant too, so casual dining is convenient. Skip the breakfast on site - go 2 doors down to the Southside restaurant!!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Chris O
Clare J, General Manager at Courtyard London, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad your rate was adjusted to the correct amount and you found our rooms and comfy beds to your liking. I will pass your comments along to my staff. Happy travels, and I hope you will stop in again on your next visit to London!
St. Williams, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

We stay here each year and the rooms are clean and nicely furnished. Check in was quick, with friendly staff and the pool was nice. The exercise room was small with only 3 pieces of equipment. My only complaint is the hotel meeting services are not very good and the food was average at best and served incredibly late.

Room Tip: I would not choose this hotel for a special event like a wedding because the food was poor and serve...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank birdwatcher42
Clare J, General Manager at Courtyard London, responded to this review, 19 January 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write this review of your stay. I am pleased to hear the hotel met your expectations in the guest rooms and front desk service. I was sorry to hear of the experience with our catering. I will be looking into events during your stay to see what happened. I hope you will consider us for any future events as I would like an opportunity to make up for that. Please contact me directly if you wish to discuss the events as I would be happy to speak to you. We are going to be completely renovating our meeting room facilities in the coming months for a fresh new look. Happy Travels!
Hamilton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2011

M girlfriend stayed here in December and thought it was an excellent value.

The location was right off the 401 and convenient. Check in was quick and when we asked for a late checkout of 12 the staff was friendly and accomodating. The room was very clean, a good size and the bed was also very comfortable. It had a nice LCD tv with a good selection of channels. I also noticed the hotel was very quiet maybe it was because of low occupancy but quiet nontheless. They had a choice of two kinds of pillows on the bed, hard and soft and you could tell the difference which also made sleeping nicer. Best part was booking it through their website which is often cheaper than Expedia, we got a leisure king for $90.

Room service from the restaurant downstairs was exceedingly expensive but what do you expect from room service.

Nothing negative to comment on.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Trugentleman
Clare J, General Manager at Courtyard London, responded to this review, 27 December 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. I am happy to hear that your girlfriend enjoyed her stay. I will pass these positive comments along to my staff. Thanks again, and happy travels!
Pontypool, Ont, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

Excellent Reception Staff, that greeted you with a smile and respect. They valued our stay.
Room was clean and exactly as expected. Hallways also fresh.
Bed was very comfortable.
A/C ... not bad ...
Bathroom , very clean, but amenities could be improved

The only complaint that i would have, which is petty, but I would like to see them upgrade their toilet paper

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tom H
Clare J, General Manager at Courtyard London, responded to this review, 7 December 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your great comments on our hotel. I appreciate the feedback and will pass this along to my staff. I hope you will come and stay with us again soon.
All the best,
Waterloo, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2011

Great Suites, nice finishes throughout hotel. Decent price and accomodating staff. Overall excellent. 9/10

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank bensagle
Clare J, General Manager at Courtyard London, responded to this review, 13 December 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at our hotel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found my staff accommodating. I will pass your positive comments along to them. I hope you will stay again on your next trip to the London area. All the best,