“Like the brand”

Courtyard London
Ranked #17 of 41 Hotels in London
“Like the brand”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

Have stayed at a few Courtyard Mariotts the last little while. I like the décor and functionality of the rooms and the design of the lobby space. This location is very comfortable with ample parking and close to the highway. It is a little way from downtown but has lots of shopping and restaurant choices in the area. Small items on this visit was the constant pile of beer and liquor bottles that piled up on the side of the room from various teams staying over the weekend. After 24 hours of not being cleared it took two requests about 4 hours apart to get them cleaned up. Clearly security, housekeeping and general cleaners were either not around or chose to ignore it for almost 48 hours. Poor reflection on staff. Air conditioner in room ran constantly which was a little annoying when trying to sleep. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Outbax
Katie C, Manager at Courtyard London, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear outbax,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your most recent stay at the Courtyard Marriott London.

Thank you for bringing these problems to light for me, as I assure you this is not the norm here and all bottles and garbage should be cleaned up immediately when seen by any staff member. I will bring this to all departments to ensure this doesn’t happen again. I will get our maintenance staff to look into the air conditioning units as well. Please accept my sincere apology on these matters.

We hope to make this up to you on your next stay with us.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Huntsville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights. great room quite and private. Price was perfect and the restaurant served a super breakfast. Close to everything, sport bar just down the road a 2 min walk. very friendly staff.

Katie C, Manager at Courtyard London, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear DanfromHunstville,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Courtyard by Marriott London.

Our bistro style restaurant serves up quite a variety of items; from full breakfasts to fast and fresh on the go items, made daily. I am happy you were able to enjoy one of our great amenities here at Courtyard. I will pass on the comments to all staff.

We hope to see you soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Very clean, organized, modern facility. Higher standard than most hotels in the same class. I would reccommend this hotel to any business traveller or family. The location is the only negative. It is close to the 401 which may benefit some. In my case, travel to the inner part of the city warrants a drive or taxi.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Katie C, Manager at Courtyard London, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Mike H,

Thank you for writing a review on the Courtyard Marriott London.

We pride ourselves here on maintaining a high standard of cleanliness and service. It’s great that you were able to enjoy this on your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

I travel to London, ON an a regular basis and I always stay at the Courtyard. The staff is amazing! Always friendly and helpful to make my stays so pleasant. The hotel is very clean and well managed. The rooms are very clean and spacious. Special thanks to Kayla, Danika, Jon, Luis, Kyle, Katie, Duncan, Alex, Robert and Tony! I will continue to come here. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Dear Albert S,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review on our team here at the Courtyard Marriott London.

I am happy hear that the staff has made all of your stays such enjoyable ones. We love when we can connect with our guests and we get to know a little something about you. We hope to keep you apart of the Courtyard London family and will be seeing you on your next stay.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

I have been to this hotel a few times as well as the others in the area. I wouldn't say it was above average but an okplace to rest if the other hotels are full, which is why I stayed here. The breakfast was ok, but I had to wait quite awhile for my food. I found the prices at their little store to be kind of high. And I felt like was being watched as I was making my selection. The staff was ok, the chubby guy behind the desk checked me in. Other than the cluster of ants by the garbage and ice machine, it was somewhat acceptable. Wouldn't be my first choice but I would pick it over a motel in the area.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank T_Rizk1111
Dear T_Rizk1111,

Thank you for providing feedback from your most recent stay with us at the Courtyard Marriott London.

I sincerely apologize that your stay was not satisfactory, and thank you for bringing these issues to my attention. I am concerned to hear about the ants and the garbage and will definitely look into that with my housekeeping and maintenance departments. I hope to have a chance to change your opinion and make this your preference when you stay in London.

Island Heights, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

This hotel is newly remodeled, clean and will live up to what you have come to expect for the Courtyard brand.

The hotel is south of Downtown London. It is about a 10 minute drive to Downtown, and then about 5 minutes extra to get to the University hospital on Windemere Rd.

There are plenty of shops and restaurants in the vicinity of the hotel. Mostly chain restaurants, but a few other options as well.

From what I can see, staying in downtown London isn't such a huge draw to justify the price difference of Hilton and Delta Armourie compared to this hotel - the downtown is rather quiet and underwhelming.

The pool is nice - no hot tub. The exercise room is windowless and not great - two treadmills, a bike, free weights and one elliptical.

Typical Courtyard bistro on site.

All that is missing from this hotel is a complimentary basic tea and coffee station in the lobby. I have come to love those from staying at Hampton Inns.

Dear Playdobro,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review on your recent stay here at the Courtyard Marriott London.

There are some great options to staying away from the downtown area, with a few extra amenities were able to offer like free parking. Unfortunately Courtyards have taken away the complimentary coffee in the lobby, due to new brand standards but we do have it available for the rooms.

Hope to see you on your next visit to London.

Leamington, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

This is the first time I stayed here and would definitely stay again. The staff was wonderful and very accommodating. The heated pool was extra nice :) It is close to everything you would need. A little expensive for myself as a single mom but with 5 splitting on the room it was cheap enough. The beds weren't the most comfortable though, was extremely stiff in the morning....

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Jennifer W,

Thank you for writing a review on your recent stay at the Courtyard Marriot London.

I’m sorry to hear that beds didn’t give you a good night’s rest and you woke up feeling stiff, we pride ourselves on all guest being comfortable and waking up feeling refreshed. I hope we can provide a better sleep quality for you on your next stay.

Hope to see you soon.