“Refreshing Experience”

Windermere Manor Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #15 of 41 Hotels in London
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I recently stayed at the Windermere Manor and found the experience absolutely charming and a nice change from the typical plastic hotel experience. This place is old but is well kept very clean and functional. Loved the very quiet air conditioning. Staff were very helpful and actually know how to give precise and accurate directions around London. Classy and quiet. I would stay here again and again if staying in London.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Christina A, Sales & Catering Coordinator at Windermere Manor Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Hello Summershine21,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am happy to hear that you had such a wonderful experience with us. We strive to provide the kind of personalized service that larger chain hotels cannot. I will certainly share your kind words with our staff.

We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

This hotel is very cozy and clean. Its location is superb in the upscale part of london Ontario, in the middle of a small forest. Hotel is very clean and staff is super friendly.

Hotel is highly recommended for those who are looking for a cozy peacful place, absolutely away from noise.

Room Tip: A suite is recommended, since it is not much more expensive than a room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Christina A, Sales & Catering Coordinator at Windermere Manor Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

Hello Shahir M,

Thank you very much for your review. We strive to provide our guests with a relaxing and enjoyable visit from start to finish, so I am happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forwad to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed here at end of July when i had to get a procedure done at the hospital, which is located across the street.

10-15 min walk to main enterance of hospital. Relaxed setting with lots of nature, areas to walk and even some wildlife. Very 'homelike'. Breakfast buffet is free for hotel guests. Hot plated breakfast also avail for 50% off public price. Spacious and clean room. Comfy king bed, nice flat screen tv, mini fridge and A/C in our room (302). Bathroom was nice size and the soaps etc were very nice.
Only room complaints were odd placements of outlets for coffee maker and cell chargers.

Restaurant was good though more 'traditional' options like burgers and chicken fingers would have been a nice additon.

I would really suggest this as a nice place to stay when you come to this hospital.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Kristy H
Christina A, Sales & Catering Coordinator at Windermere Manor Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Hello Kristy H,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts on The Windermere Manor Hotel & Conference Center. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We appreciate your comments on the cafe menu as well. They help us to determine what our guests preferences are, and we will certainly take them into consideration.

We look forward to having you visit us again in the near future!

Reviewed 1 July 2013

We stayed once again at the Windermere Manor while we were in the city. Since we were there for three days, we stayed in one of the suites. They are so spacious and well kept.....clean and crisp linen on the bed and soft robes in the closet. The staff is just super and do everything they can to make your stay great. They have fresh coffee and tea in the lobby to take with you if you have an early appointment as well as fresh apples. We really appreciated this as we were on the run for the three days. Breakfast is also included with your stay.....just a wonderful spot to stay!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank NLK1
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Overall this is a good hotel in a nice location, but the rooms are looking a little tired in places. As an example, our room had a big iron shaped mark melted into the carpet. This hotel also has one of the slowest elevators I have ever seen, although that isn't a big deal since it is only goes up 2 floors.
Compared to the hotel part, the "great hall" banquet space is much nicer and a very nice spot for an event. I probably wouldn't stay there just for a hotel, but I would definitely consider it for an event.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Excellent value for money; dinner, movie, breakfast and an overnight stay - perfect for that 1-night getaway. If you need an everning out and good meal, then a trip to the local movie venue to watch the latest release. Have a great room to sleep in and then a good breakfast then this is the package you should take and enjoy.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the top floor and then you do not have to worry about people make a noise above...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I had the pleasure of attending a company brunch yesterday at the Windemere Manor and to say my experience was beyond my expectations would be an understatement. I have been before - a couple of weddings and an engagement party - and as always, the surroundings and the building are beautiful. The staff is always very friendly and accommodating however yesterday they truly went above and beyond and I believe deserve high praise and recognition. Yesterday was the first time I had the opportunity to bring my four year old daughter along with me and like every other place we go to eat I had her epipen in tow. I always double check to ensure the meal is peanut free and we stay away from desserts all together just to be safe. After finding out that my daughter had a peanut allergy, the lovely Brenda Brandt took it upon herself to see if there was a sweet treat in the kitchen for her that was safe. Ms. Brandt came back with a freshly made raspberry sorbet covered in fresh berries for my daughter and the look on her little face was priceless - she was over the moon! Thank you so much to Ms. Brandt and the Chef who took the time (out of what I am sure was an already busy time of time of day) to make a little girl feel special ... It was appreciated more than I can express.

Kindest regards,