Windermere Manor Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #16 of 41 Hotels in London
Toronto, Canada
“BUGS!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

On a recent ground level stay, I woke up early to ants on the floor and a bug on my pillow. When I complained to the front desk I was upgraded to a better room on a higher floor. I subsequently asked to be credited for my first night due to the upset and inconvenience and was declined by the Manager. I was told these are 'little surprises' that should be expected, since the property backs onto a wooded area. How sad is that?
If you value a commitment to service, this place is not for you.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank 18geminirising

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Port Elgin, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

We stayed at the Windemere while we were moving our daughter home from school. I have stayed her previously and although the hotel is very date, it is quaint and charming. Upon checking in we were advised that as our daughter was a Western student, we would not have to pay the extra $17.00 for her to stay in our suite. That was nice. Later in the evening, we noted an odor from the room that smelled like dirty feet. We later determine that the odor was coming from the carpet. The toilet in our room did not flush properly, only flushing while we stood there and held the handle down. Upon taking showers the next morning, when I took my shower (second of the morning) the barely warm water eventually became cold and I ended up taking a cold shower. My daughter was unable to shower as the water was too cold. When we checked out I informed the front desk clerk who advised that they were aware there was an issue with the plumbing and that a plumber had been called. She initially offered to provide us with a discount on the bill...until she noted that we were not charged for our adult daughter staying with us....which when we were given the discount we were led to believe that it was a perk for Western students!!! Needless to say, for $140/night, I was not impressed and probably will not be back to stay here. We previously have stayed at the Lamplighter while in London and will most likely return to staying there as we always know we will be satisfied. Too bad because the Windemere seemed to be a great alternative.

Room Tip: 3rd floor rooms - lots of noise on the 2nd floor coming from the third floor and very loud ice machi...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank CGE85
Halifax, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

We had the pleasure of checking out this little paradise in the outskirts of downtown London, ON. We had a fantastic visit, however, the Manor is in need of some updates. For the price that is charges comparatively speaking to other locations is quite high. It's "rustic" and definitely has "character." I understood there is an affiliation with Western University, how can they not allocate funds at the price they charge for upgrades is mind baffling. Definitely check out the Cafe when Angie and Mike are working. Great service, great food!
Jon, Laurie & Family.

Room Tip: Main floor.
1 Thank Jon A
Ottawa, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

I travelled on business and the location was perfect. A ten minute walk to Western. The room was clean and comfortable. I made coffee in the room and had a small fridge for milk etc.. The breakfast was complimentary and service started at 7am which was just right. Grounds are park like with bee hives, deer and a good variety of birds .
Great stay!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Mary d
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

Windermere Manor is so beautiful and quiet. It is like a country inn in the city. The rooms are standard but the veiw from the windows are outstanding. We saw deer, wild turkeys and lots of entertaining squirrels from our window. The rooms have all the amenities but are in need of a face-lift.

Room Tip: This hotel is more suited to adults. It does not have a pool. I loved our third floor retreat with...
1 Thank elizabeth P
N_Kellock, General Manager at Windermere Manor Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear Elizabeth P.,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Windermere Manor Hotel and for taking the time to post a review. We appreciate your feedback.

London, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

My wife and I are visiting our son who is studying on exchange at Western Uni from Australia. We could not be more pleased with our experience at the Windermere Manor. All features of our stay have been so positive. We originally planned to stay only one night and then look around for other places. We opted to extend our time at WM because "when on a good thing you stick to it!"
Michael & Jan Butler

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Michael B
Dear Michael B,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Windermere Manor Hotel. I am happy to hear that you had such a positive experience here.

I hope that you had an enjoyable trip back to Australia, and aren't missing our Canadian climate too much!

Collingwood, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

My son was having surgery at the nearby university hospital and this was a great location. Very comfortable suite, great food and country setting and walkable. It was totally accessible for a person on crutches.

1 Thank Mary K
Dear Mary K,

Thank you for staying with us during your son's visit to the University Hospital. I am pleased to read that you found our location and property so useful for this visit.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, it is much appreciated.