“Great value for the price!!!”

Motel 6 London Ontario
Ranked #30 of 41 Hotels in London
Reviewed 19 September 2011

My husband and I were thrilled to discover this gem of a hotel for our trips into London to visit our son who attends Western. Hotel is almost brand new, only a few years old and the outside bulding/lot looks well maintained. Even better was the price! Especially once we realized they had an indoor pool and hottub, plus 2 free coupons for breakfast at the restaurant across the parking lot, and free wireless internet. They charged us a 2 person rate and applied a seniors discount (my husband is over 60+) and the rate was $63 for a room with 2 queen beds. We have checked out most hotels in the area and no one else came close in price, this is the cheapest it gets for a hotel this clean. Also had no issues with the staff - all were helpful when we approached them.
If you are trying to be wallet friendly, I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank travelqueen_24
londonmotel6, Manager at Motel 6 London Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2011

Thank you for your comments about us. We, the staff at Motel 6 London, appreciate what you have commented on about this property. We hope to see you again in the future and give you similar service. Thank you again and have a nice day.

Reviewed 6 September 2011

This chain would not normally be my first choice but our options were very limited as it was Labour Day Weekend and everything seemed to be booked up. Rooms were clean, bed was comfortable and the bonus was a free hot breakfast! The breakfast was actually a voucher for a restaurant but it was just next door and was a sit down full breakfast - eggs, meat choice, homefries and toast. You had to pay for your beverage and I'm thinking that is to increase the likelihood of a tip for the server since you are getting your wallet out but we had no issue with that. Remember that it is a 'Motel 6' so you are not going five-star but it was a very pleasant experience.

Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank SMHOntarioCanada
Reviewed 24 April 2011

We enjoyed the two days that we were there. The room were very clean and the srvice weas great. Sam the genteman that checked us in was very polite and friendly. My only disapointment was that the pool was to cold to swim in. We had plans of bringing my 2 year old granddaughter swimming with us for a day but found water to for her to go in and that was a indoor pool.
But other than that we will use motel 6 again

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fritzp11
Reviewed 24 October 2010

Arrived at hotel at 2pm on a Saturday to be pleasantly surprised by the appearance of this motel from the outside....as this was the nicest motel 6 that I have seen from the outside. Checked in and thought the rooms were cheap and small once you see the inside but was still content for the price until about 9pm when their internet started disconnecting. After several retrys I called the front desk for a provider number and the night clerk (whose name is Colleen). Not only did she refuse to help me recover the internet but became very rude after I asked a second time. She was very unreasonable and not only did the internet problem cost me a business deal but it cost this hotel a repeat visit. Her attitude was that she didnt care and it reflected the typical motel 6 reputation. Its too bad because this 4 story hotel is only 2 years old and looks like a new beginning to the cheap motel 6 stereotype but once here you will learn it is still the no care attitude of the cheap motel.....by the way..once you get into the motel the carpet has stains about every 10 feet...so dont go by what you see on the outside....they wasted an investment here because it will eventually become another dive along with their other properties.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank sixshooter70
Reviewed 30 August 2010

If you want a quiet night of sleep in a clean room, this is the place. The people at the front desk at check in and check out were efficient, friendly, and responsive to all questions. The hotel is inexpensive, but far better than another hotel across the street which is twice the price.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank jackrabbit65
Reviewed 17 September 2009

I stayed here for one night for business. It's fine for that purpose, clean and comfortable. There are a couple of things you should know before you go. Bring your own shampoo and conditioner. They do not stock the rooms with either but you can ask for shampoo at the front desk. Also, bring an ethernet cord with you if you want to use the internet. They do not have wireless internet but you can purchase a cord at the vending machine for $3.50 if you do forget yours at home.

A previous poster mentioned that the walls are thin and I can back that up. I could hear the conversations on either side of me relatively clearly. Ear plugs might be a good idea if this bothers you.

The staff at the front desk were pleasant and helpful as were the cleaning staff. Overall, a good experience.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Lori-Anne C
Reviewed 4 July 2009

This is a very clean and large Motel 6 and it seems brand new. I think it's the nicest Motel 6 I've ever stayed in, and I've been in about a dozen. Free wireless internet is included in the booking fee, so that was a plus. We were just staying here because we needed to stop somewhere on our way to Michigan after visiting Toronto. This fits the bill.

• Stayed: June 2009