“New management terrible”

Ranked #29 of 41 Hotels in London
London
“New management terrible”
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Just stayed here this last Thursday evening after seeing how nice the building looked outside compared to most Motel 6's. Apparently this place has undergone new management like the review below me states. Everything was fine during check in. The male clerk who looked to be in his 20's was very friendly, got down our information and got us a room no problem. When I went to our room I found that there were no towels and the room had a horrible smell. I had to open our window to air out the room. I then went downstairs to ask for some towels and overheard what i believed to be the new manager mouthing off to an employee. I was so embarrased by this situation that I pretended to walk out of the door to get something in my car and forgot all about the towels. Very unprofessional. Won't be going back.

Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Robert S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
London, Canada
Reviewed 10 September 2012

have stayed here for 10 to 15 days every year for the past 5 - this year a change in management means we will never return - took over an hour to be checked in :by the hotel manager in person: - amenties that we came for are no longer looked after - the hot tub is basically non functional - housekeeping obviously never looks up - the cob webs reminded me of our visit tio the haunted Mansion at Disney -

Room Tip: try a different motel
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Bob C
londonmotel6, General Manager at Motel 6 London Ontario, responded to this review, 13 September 2012
Thank you, Bob C, for bringing these issues to my attention. I realize that last week we had some issues with checking people in as our staff and myself were new and we were having problems with the computer system. Our Housekeeping staff have all been given new tools to help them clean the rooms better. I would like to invite you to please call the hotel so we can discuss the issues in more detail.

Sam Crossette
Motel 6

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 July 2012

We normally avoid Motel 6 as we've had several bad experiences in years gone by, but this looked new and clean, and was surrounded by several higher-class hotels, so decided to give it a try. The rate quoted for walk-in seemed reasonable ($65 plus taxes) and we asked to see a room (which was clean and smelled fine) before registering. The room we were first given had not been cleaned, so we went back to the front desk and were given another. (Suggestion to mgmt: We're pretty easy going, but others might be bothered by being assigned an uncleaned room, so accurate record keeping is an opportunity for improvement.)

It was late and we were hungry. With friends we went to the Tony Roma's around the corner upon the suggestion of the desk clerk. Food was good, even found some veg choices. There's also a Mediterranean restaurant adjacent to the hotel, which we only noticed the next day. Anyone tried that?

Free breakfast was at the adjacent Southside Family Restaurant. What you get was OK (as a veg-o, I simply asked them to leave off the bacon). I like a big breakfast, so ordered pancakes on my own dollar, and they were fairly good.

I prefer a slightly firmer bed, but my wife and I slept well enough.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
st. thomas
Reviewed 23 May 2012

A very well maintained and friendly hotel, run by great hoteliers...highly recommend!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank itchwah
Essex
Reviewed 2 May 2012

we stopped at this hotel because the Ramada across the street looked busy, plus it had a pool. It was a very good price, for 3 adults $75 for 1 night. starting from check-in the front desk was very courteous and polite and quick to answer any questions(i.e, where the pool was located, was a security key needed for wi-fi, gave change for vending machine.) the lobby was very clean and looked brand new. Getting into the room, it was small but still spacious for 3 people. the beds were very comfortable, but the pillows were flat. t.v works great, has hookup for video game, or portable dvd player, which i took advantage of and used at night for a movie. the window in our room didn't open all the way. not sure if this is in every room or not. the bathroom was clean. no kleenex or shampoo, or extra toilet paper.the pool was great, the right temperature, wasn;t too deep, was the only one in there. hot tub was great too not scorching hot either. now getting to the evening, it gets loud, the room next door has the t.v up too loud, it sounded like they were talking right next to the wall, the room on the other side had the radio up too loud. going on 10 pm i would expect people to be courteous of other people and turn down the electronics and their voices. it was hard to sleep because of the noise but also because the pillow was very flat made for a somewhat sleepless night. in the morning check out was a breeze, we mentioned the breakfast coupon, and they were right away on giving them to us. breakfast was so-so, glad it was free. all-in-all it was a great hotel 4/5 stars from me and my family. we will most likely return again.

Room Tip: Bring your own pillow, toiletries, and ear plugs.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank L82theParty
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 19 March 2012

A new building from the ground up. It's very affordable at the day and week rate. (2 other hotels on the same property built at the same time are almost double the cost). I quoted the internet price at check-in and the front desk matched it without blinking. The building is only a couple of years old, rooms are quiet and tidy.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank sailingfourfun
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 17 January 2012

We recently stayed for my son's hockey tournament, For the cost per night $95...the rooms were small, there were no amenities, I would have at least expected a box of klenex in the room. The girl at the front desk was not very accomodating. Not tollerant of the kids at all...it's a hockey tournament with 7 & 8 year olds...what do you expect, they are going to be loud and run around...they weren't out of control. I would never stay in this chain of Motels again...I would rather pay the extra $50 and stay somewhere else...in London there is a lot to choose from in this area.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family