“Amazing Stay”

Motel 6 London Ontario
Ranked #29 of 41 Hotels in London
“Amazing Stay”
Reviewed 31 March 2013

My entire stay at Motel 6 was memorable. I had an amazing time with such great staff and with outstanding hospitality. At the time of check in, reception staff Moe Asmar was very courteous and polite, He was very professional and helpful.
Thank you for an amazing stay, I will definitely be back.

Wilson Clark

2 Thank Wilson C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Reviewed 28 March 2013

I loved my stay there. This hotel is amazing. We checked in at around 7 pm on a Tuesday in March, we had this cute little gentleman named Moe A (that was his name tag), he went through our reservation to make sure we had the right nights that we were gonna be staying with them and what method of payment we were gonna use. He checked us in really fast (I think it was the fastest check in we have ever had). He provided us with all the information we needed to know. He was very friendly, proffessional, polite. He had a very good customer service skills based on the way he was guiding us around the hotel.
The room we had was with a micro and fridge on the 3rd floor with a 1 king size bed. I honestly loved this room. it was so clean, the housekeeping staff did an amazing job too.
The pool and hot tub were on the first floor, I totally enjoyed my time in the pool, even though it was small but it was convenient too.
their morning coffee was good too, I felt like the coffee was rich in its flavor. For a hotel like this, I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone that is gonna visit London. The treatment we got from this hotel was beyond our expectations. I would definitely return to it if I ever had to visit London and I hope we get the same person that checked us in.

Eli Michol

1 Thank eli m
Trenton, Canada
Reviewed 22 March 2013

I've come to expect certain things when staying at any hotel and in room coffee is one of them. I have never stayed in any hotel that didn't have coffee for when you wake up, even though I'll be the first to admit it is usually not great coffee. This is a first for me. The hot tub jets did not work and when I told the front desk they were apologetic and said they've been trying to get it fixed for some time. Other than that it's what you should expect in the $70/night range.

Rockwood, Canada
Reviewed 20 March 2013

We arrived at 9:30 am and they had rooms ready for us on the fourth floor. We were on the smoking floor although we had booked non-smoking. The smell of smoke was very very faint so it wasn't a problem. Room was clean but very basic; no drawers, only shelves; only four hangers. The bathroom sink is Corian - easy to clean. The taps worked well, no dripping. There was a fridge, microwave, TV, phone. No hair dryer or coffee maker and no kleenex is supplied but you can get a hairdryer at the front desk. Packets of shampoo and soap are supplied. Three garbage cans (2 regular, one recycling). There were two elevators so there was minimal waiting. There is plentiful coffee in the lobby in the morning with real cream (not creamer). There is a rack of tourist brochures in the lobby.

Carpet is old and should be replaced but it wasn't "gross". The key-cards to the room didn't work after three tries at activation. It turned out the electronic system was on the fritz and they had to call the technician to fix it and then had to reprogram all the doors. This was all done while we were out so it wasn't a big problem for us although it was big work for the front desk staff.

Front desk staff was very courteous and helpful, but there was only one person on the front desk at night and no housekeeping staff at all to address any cleaning problems (not that we had any but someone had a room with no clean towels at 10 pm). The desk person did the best she could under the circumstances and was very polite in spite of an angry customer.

The heating system worked well - you could set the thermostat and it responded promptly. Curtains darkened the room well. I didn't hear any outside noise (the window was shut). Bed was comfortable and the pillows were fine.

There is no restaurant at the motel but there are several nearby (a two minute walk if that). I did not even look at the pool so can't comment on it; it is indoors.

Overall, the 4-day stay was fine but I thought the price was a bit high for the amenities. Motel 6 in Mississauga is only $59 and we paid more like $100 per night. Some had paid $75 (they booked a year in advance).

Room Tip: There are non-smoking floors if even a whif of smoke bothers you. There are rooms with adjoining do...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank JennM49
Kapuskasing
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Sorry, but this choice of hotel was definitely a bad one. I have to explain because the manager and receptionist are in no way to blame for the rating that I have given this motel. It looks good and is well kept. The price is not reasonable for what it has to offer. When we arrived, the receptionist was very well informed on the property and helpful. He was also very polite. We proceeded to our room. Everything is 80,s style but looked clean and well maintained. Unfortunately, the bathtub and sink had not been cleaned. There was a ring around the tub, pubic hairs at the bottom and toothpaste in the sink. As we were about to leave for lunch, I approached the manager and shared my concerns. He told me he would take care of it and when I returned, the bathtub and sink had been cleaned. I was worried about the cleanliness of the beds. I checked the bed sheets and found 2 long black hairs on the edge of the sheets but otherwise the bed seemed clean. At around midnight, the guests in the next room arrived with a young girl and jumped up and down and laughed till 1 a.m. There is little to no insulation in the walls it seems as we could make out their conversation. We got little sleep even with ear plugs. The next morning, we went out for breakfast. There is a coffee machine in the lobby but none in the room. There is no decaf either...just your regular motel coffee. There are no tissues in the room either so get ready to wipe whatever it is you have to wipe with toilet paper only! When we returned at 3 in the afternoon, our room was still not made up. We wanted to use the pool and shower afterward so my husband went to the housekeeper and asked for fresh towels. She gladly gave him two. We went to the pool for approximately an hour. The pool is quiet and although small, served its purpose. It is a salt-water pool. The hot-tub is warm at best so don't be fooled by its appearance...you will not be soothing any muscles in that tub! When we returned to our room, it had not been cleaned. My husband went to the front desk and asked the receptionist why our room had not been cleaned. He said that the housekeeper went home for the day. She figured that two towels were all we needed and went home! My husband told him we will never be back again. Very disappointed. I was looking forward to a much better experience. If you can stay somewhere else...do so.

Room Tip: Bring earplugs, tissues and a coffee machine.
2 Thank JackandDiane87

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Ontario
Reviewed 17 March 2013

the rooms were clean enough and had the basic needs but the pillows are really thick and hard and suffice to say I will have to pay for a massage to fix my frozen shoulder! The pool area and hot tub would be nice.. except the ring of dirt around both :( Staff friendly enough but many times the desk had nobody at it so had to wait for up to ten minutes.. I only stayed because I was desperate - will pay extra next time for somewhere else..

Room Tip: higher floors are better as can actually open the dark curtains to let natural light in - the ones o...
Reviewed 6 March 2013

My family booked 4 rooms here, convinced that a Motel 6 wouldn't be that bad and the price reasonable. Within minutes of arriving I instantly had wished we booked elsewhere. We were greeted, and I use the word 'greeted' very loosely, by a very unfriendly front desk woman. She was chattering on the phone and didn't even acknowledge that there were 5 of us standing there. My sibling attempted to make the situation a little more friendly by cracking jokes, to no avail. We received our keys and requested that of the 4 rooms, 2 and 2 be adjoining. My husband, son and I walked into a room that smelt as though it were on a smoking floor. The rooms are quite dirty, cigarette burns on the bedspreads, plaster falling from the walls, stains on the sheets and dirty prints all over the walls. We immediately checked the mattresses for any sign of bedbugs, fearing the worst. Later my parents checked into the room next to us, my father came out immediately and was in total awe. The room he'd been given hadn't even been cleaned! The bed was unmade and there was a half eaten chicken carcus on the table!!! The guy at the desk apologized and said the cleaners were gone for the day, meaning all that food sat there an additional 24 hours, gross!!!! They were then told they'd have to check into another room, not adjoining as requested. My son woke in the morning with red patches all over his face, which I can only assume was from the low quality sheets and cleaning chemicals they use.

Overall I would not recommend this place. The cleaning staff should be fired. It's disgusting. The staff are not friendly and don't seem to give a crap either. Trust me, spend the extra 40 or 50 bucks and stay elsewhere.