“The best Motel 6 I have ever stayed in”

Motel 6 London Ontario
Ranked #31 of 41 Hotels in London
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We really enjoyed staying at this facility because the people were great, the location was convenient to the road and you can walk to Tim Horton's for breakfast etc. The rooms were neat and clean and the location was quite. I would stay here again and would recommend it.

Room Tip: This is a larger facility and very well kept relative to others that I have had occasion to stay at.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Jennifer S, General Manager at Motel 6 London Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear WashingrtonAI:

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay at the Motel 6 - London, Ontario.

Your feedback will be shared with the team to serve as recognition and encouragement; as we strive to continuously improve our guest experience.

Thank you again for sharing. We look forward to welcoming your back to the Motel 6 London.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I was in London for business and had to stay one night. Motel 6 was recommended to me, but I wish I knew now what I didn't know then. When I irrived I noticed that the smoking area was just outside the front door. The service at ths front desk was fine, but the room is outdated. The comforter had a cigarette burn in it, so that tells you how old they are! Second the tv is on top of a shelf that almost touches the ceiling...hard on your neck. The shower is the worst one I have ever used. It is shaped like a V but the curtain is not bowed out so you have shower next to it. Very awkward! I tried calling the front desk but could not reach anyone. I found out why a bit later when I went for supper. The clerk was loading 2 loads of her laundry in her car. She said she lives so far away she doesn't have time to do it at home...huh! Anyway I'm glad work paid for it because even at government rate it was a rip!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Kicker23

Dear Kicker23:

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Motel 6 - London, Ontario. Your feedback is very important to us.

At Motel 6, we strive to provide a superior guest experience, and I am sorry yours did not meet expectations. Please be rest assured appropriate measures are being taken to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

We appreciate your sharing your concerns and hope you will give us an opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I would highly recommend this hotel. Extremely clean. Very reasonable.Staff were so helpful, when they saw l use a walker they suggested a room on the first floor, with a fridge, microwave and roll out shower. It was close to the lobby and also had a exit door right next to the room which was so convenient for my poodle dog @ no extra cost.The staff were so friendly to me and my dog . Were always there and even came from behind the lobby desk to open doors and assist me and my dog.l travel a lot have stayed @ many hotel/motels. But will no doubt always choose this motel 6 in London as they truly made my stay PERFECT!!!! Thank you Motel 6 (810 Exeter rd. London.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear 458Linda:

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at the Motel 6 - London, Ontario.

Thank you again for sharing. We look forward to welcoming you and your dog back the next time you are in the London area.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

My wife, daughter(infant 8 months) and I were travelling to Detroit to see a baseball game the following afternoon and wanted to split up our 4 hour drive from north of Toronto. We had seen the commercial for Motel 6 appealing to baseball fans for cheap rooms and decided to give Motel 6 a try based on the price.
The motel is close off the highway and located near a few other hotels. The building and grounds looked well kept and gave us a comfortable feeling when checking in around 8pm. I had reserved the room on line and had no problems checking in. They had my reservation and the internet price rate correct. For our convenience, I wished that there were 2 luggage carts since the lady in front of me at check-in used it to bring in all her luggage and pets.I had to make multiple trips to the room to get our luggage and daughters portable crib.
When we arrived in our room we were pleased with the size of it and cleanliness. I had booked a room with a micro fridge so we could store our daughters baby food.The room had a standard queen size bed and a couch which was convenient for an open space for the play pen to set up next to the bed.
One down side to the bed was that there were only one pillow per person. But when I went downstairs to ask for another, the front desk clerk was very accommodating and gave me more pillows.
It was quiet on our floor (floor three) and we were up early and on the road to head to Detroit. It was a good price for basically a lay-over for the night. The staff was courteous and the room was clean. We would probably stay here again.

Room Tip: Reserve on line through Motel 6 to get a cheaper rate. Our room was $72 with a micro fridge.
1  Thank Andrew D

Dear Andrew D:

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments concerning your stay at Motel 6 - London, Ontario #5703.

At Motel 6, we strive to provide a superior guest experience and valuable guest feedback helps us determine how well we are delivering on that commitment.

I have reviewed your comments and concerns, and I want to assure you that they are appreciated and valued; and hope you will give us an opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Spent a night here in June 2014. Check in was quick and easy with the reservation we had made in advance. However... we had requested a ground floor room with a fridge THREE WEEKS in advance due to the fact that we were travelling with our dog. It wasn't until we arrived that we were informed that there were no ground floor rooms that had a fridge!!! Something I would have loved to have known in advance but nobody to took the time to respond in any manner. We accepted a room on the third floor which was troublesome when we wanted to take the dog out to do her business.

The stay itself was fine even if the television looked like it was purchased in 1988 and the channel selection wasn't very good. The "highlight" of our visit came when we tried to checkout. It was 9am and as we were packing the car we noticed a couple fighting in front of the hotel entrance. The male was someone we recognized as a guest who was staying a few doors down from us. It was a loud and animated "lover's quarrel" and they walked off away from the hotel as the battle continued their heated debate. I made my way to the front desk and proceeded to wait about 20 minutes for someone to arrive to show up to check us out. We immediately recognized her as the woman half of the domestic dispute that had occurred in front of the hotel. Eventually, "Connie" appeared and we were finally able to check out and be on our way after WAY TOO LONG! Unprofessional ism at it's worst. Leave your personal life and problems at home. I and every other guest who stays there doesn't need to see that. We WILL NOT be returning!

1  Thank Robe1971

Dear Robe1971:

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Motel 6 - London, Ontario #5703. Your feedback is very important to us.

At Motel 6, we strive to provide a superior guest experience, and I am sorry yours did not meet expectations. Rest assured appropriate measures are being taken to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

''From $84.99 per night'' said the big sign when we were searching for a motel in London about 2 weeks ago on a Friday night. My husband said to me ''for a Motel 6? That's impossible! There must be a mistake!''. But there was no mistake. It was $84.99 for one person and more for two. And if you wanted a fridge and a microwave in your room, you still had to pay extra. And as all Motels 6, no breakfast included nor any restaurant on site either.

So we began searching for a better deal. It was a bit hard as most motels were already full due to a young people ball tournament in town. We went to Super 8 to ask for the price of a room for 2 and it was $100 with the breakfast included. We should have taken that one but we kept searching for a better deal elsewhere instead. We remembered when we came last year and we got a very good room for $65 so we were confident. Put prices have increased so much in 1 year, we couldn't believe it. When we came back to take the room in Super 8, it had already been rented by someone else...

So we went back to Motel 6 which was about to become full as well. We took a room without fridge or microwave. Fortunately, they had a 10% discount for CAA, so after all, we paid $95 with the taxes included. Seeing the prices in London, it was a good deal after all. There is a pool in the motel but we didn't have the time to use it.

The room was a typical Motel 6 room: small, no frills but clean, very clean. Plus, this hotel seems to be rather new and it is very big; it has 4 floors. Just like elsewhere in town, the motel was filled with young people coming back from the ball tournament. The walls being paper-thin, I'm very thankful that they were really quiet. We just heard them laugh once during the night. Really, it could have been worse. The mattress was OK, so we got a good night's sleep. The staff was nice. There was no breakfast included as I said but there was free coffee.

Would I go back to this motel? I would book a room in advance next time and try to find a better rate in advance. I see that they have better rates at Econolodge (though the neighborhood is not as good), that there are microwave and fridge in the room and the breakfast is included. But if it's still full, I'd go back to Motel 6 but it is not my first choice.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sarah L

Dear Sarah L:

Reviewed 8 June 2014

my wife and i first arrived we were greeted instantly.when we were checking in my wife asked if we could see the room 1st before we paid and we were told yes so we went to look and checked things over so we went back to the front desk to proceed to check in. she was very quick to check us in which was great. we then grabbed a cart to bring in all of our stuff . my wife asked for some info and the receptionist was very happy to help.. the room was very clean. we i asked her if she could print out an address for me as i didnt have ink to print before leaving home. she was very happy to help once again. we then went out for our event and later returned. the pool was a nice relaxation. the jets in the ot tub didnt work but its fine cause it was still relaxing. i would definatly return here in the future. also the purpose of us staying there was so i didnt have to drive 3 hours back and forth just to go to a funeral. the recepetionist was nice to send condenolsences to me which was nice. we were very happy with everything. very wonderful place to stay

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Smitty19831:

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay at the Motel 6 - London, Ontario #5703.

Thank you again for sharing. We hope your next visit will be even better.