“Great Place to Stay”

Ranked #29 of 41 Hotels in London
Trenton, Canada
“Great Place to Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

We have stayed here many times and never have we been disappointed. They have great friendly staff that actually care about you and your comfort. This past weekend we stayed there with the ball team playing Provincials in SloPitch City and had a blast. They pool is a nice feature as well as the hot tub. It is close to any where you would like to go. We also visited St.Thomas, birthplace of our son, which is only 1/2 or so away. Great location, great staff, clean rooms--what more could a traveler ask for?

Room Tip: They do have smoking and non smoking if this applies to you..... I believe any room would suit.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

After our horrible experience with Super 8, we checked into the Motel 6. The price was lower than Super 8 and it was much much nicer. We found the staff friendly, the hotel clean, the halls well lit, the hotel was non-smoking, the lock on the door worked, and the pool was a bonus.

We were very happy with the hotel and our stay was great!!!

Room Tip: Definitely way better than the Super 8
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Jennifer S, General Manager at Motel 6 London Ontario, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear Ann C:

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at the Motel 6 - London, Ontario.

Your feedback will be shared with the team to serve as recognition and encouragement; as we strive to continuously improve our guest experience.

San Diego, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

I stay at Motel 6 a lot and for some reason some properties are really expensive. This one is. I paid $70 for one adult at a tired location that smelled funny, had loud front desk staff, lots of truckers sitting around and a rickety bed.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank B A
Dear B A:

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Motel 6 - London, Ontario #5703. Your feedback is very important to us.

At Motel 6, we strive to provide a superior guest experience, and I am sorry yours did not meet expectations.

Rest assured appropriate measures are being taken to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

We appreciate your sharing your concerns and hope you will give us an opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Motel 6 London

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Springfield, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

I decided to travel through Ontario from Michigan toward New York, because I hadn't been in Canada for five years. The hotel was okay, but not as nice as the remodeled Motel 6 locations elsewhere.

Upon check-in, I was shocked at the price. Even with the exchange and general price differences between the U.S. and Canada, I thought a price over $70 CAD was steep for Motel 6. Especially this one. But it was after midnight and I felt this was the best deal I would get in London on short notice.

The clerk was polite, though it took me several moments to get his attention. Late night -- I get it. His overall hygiene was not as good as I would expect (fingernails not clipped, hair a mess, etc), but that's not the hotel's issue. I understand the labor market -- it's hard to find people willing to work overnight (especially in Canada).

I got to room 105, and the room was torn up and the lights were on. I did not see anyone in the room, so I was unsure if the room just had not been cleaned yet or if it were occupied. I'm hoping housekeeping missed it. I went back to the desk and the clerk gave me another room -- immediately adjoining room 105. It bothered me that I was given a "clean" room immediately next to a room that had not been cleaned. I'm sure in all reality it was okay, but it still bothered me.

I'm not a fan of how these rooms are set up. I felt like I was in a prison cell. The television is up high (near the ceiling) and the quality of the picture was poor. Perhaps I'm just accustomed to HD (who isn't anymore), but the widescreen shows were cut off because the television is not widescreen. No biggie.

The room was clean, the beds were what I would expect from Motel 6, and it was quiet.

I rate this an average stay. I wouldn't write it off completely. I might try another hotel nearby next time passing through, or perhaps make a reservation ahead of time (that's hard if you're unsure about border crossing times). In any event, give these folks a chance. And hope that they "refresh" the location with the modern look.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Dear Steven SB88:

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments concerning your stay at Motel 6 - London, Ontario #5703.

At Motel 6, we strive to provide a superior guest experience and valuable guest feedback helps us determine how well we are delivering on that commitment.

I have reviewed your comments and concerns, and I want to assure you that they are appreciated and valued; and hope you will give us an opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Waite Park, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

When I think of Motel 6 in think of dated two story buildings with clean but basic rooms. This one exceeded my expectations. Staff was friendly, room was colorful with high ceilings and quite! I would definitely recommend this place for a budget traveler.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Paul K:

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at the Motel 6 - London, Ontario #5703.

Lindsay, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stayed here while my fiancé's mom was in the hospital. The front desk staff was very friendly. When we visited Bri's mom, they would always ask how she is doing. On our final visit before his mom went home, they said that they would miss us as we were always clean and kept the room tidy.

Room Tip: If you want to have a fridge and microwave in your room, you will need to ask for it. We don't...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear rpearson_11:

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay at the Motel 6 - London, Ontario. We are so happy Bri's mom was able to go home.

Washington UT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

We really enjoyed staying at this facility because the people were great, the location was convenient to the road and you can walk to Tim Horton's for breakfast etc. The rooms were neat and clean and the location was quite. I would stay here again and would recommend it.

Room Tip: This is a larger facility and very well kept relative to others that I have had occasion to stay at.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear WashingrtonAI:

Thank you again for sharing. We look forward to welcoming your back to the Motel 6 London.