“Great hotel”

Homewood Suites by Hilton London Ontario
Ranked #3 of 41 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I spent one night in a one bedroom king suite. The hotel is new and everything is immaculate. The service at check in was great. The room had a full kitchen which I love when traveling as I always bring a cooler of drinks and healthy snacks. As with many of the free hotel breakfasts it was ok. It seems they all have a hard time keeping the hot food hot, but there is a good selection for everyone. They had bbq's on a patio in the back. They also have a small basketball court. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. I travel often and stay at all levels of hotels but these new Homewood Suites are definitely becoming my new favourite (after the Trump of course). I will be staying at this hotel on my return visits to London.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank WDROttawa
Christina D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton London Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Dear WDROttawa
Thank you for writing a review on the Homewood Suites by Hilton London. We appreciate you taking the time to give your feedback on your most recent stay. The Homewood Suites offers spacious and comfortable rooms with great service and I am glad to hear that we were able to offer these to you to make your stay enjoyable. I am also glad to hear you were able to take advantage of one of our great amenities which is a full size fridge in all guest suites.
Thank you once again and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to London.

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton London Ontario

Reviewed 8 August 2013

We were very pleased with Homewood Suites during our recent stay. The staff were polite and friendly and the hotel was very clean. Our room was huge and the kitchen was suitable for a short or long stay. I would definitely recommend this to any families or people staying for more than a few days. They had a nice looking pool and hot-tub and work out room but we didn't have time to use it, maybe our next visit.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear PDWilliams
Thank you for the wonderful review you have provided on the Homewood Suites by Hilton London. The high recommendation is great to hear as we do offer many great amenities for all travelers whether here for a few nights or weeks, on your own or with the family we have something to suit all needs while away from home.
We look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to London.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

One night stay during road trip.

Arrived at approx. 10:20PM and had to wait about 10 minutes to check in because there was exactly one person working at this hour and I was the third of three folks waiting to check in, and the sole person was away from the desk. When she finally returned, she was friendly and apparently capable, but obviously frazzled flying solo. She checked me in to an upgraded room (thanks to my HH Diamond status), and the room was clean, roomy, and comfortable, but I discovered that my Internet access was not enabled upon my check-in. I called the front desk and there was no answer for 5 minutes, so I had to walk all the way around the property to the front desk, where I found other guests waiting to check in, and again the sole employee off elsewhere on the property helping other guests. She returned and discovered she had indeed forgotten to initialize my Internet, and she corrected it. I would also point out that like another reviewer below, I also was in room 218 and I'm thankful no one was playing basketball...the court is indeed right outside that window - ridiculous placement of such an obvious noise source on the property.

On the plus side, I slept well, and the following morning breakfast was good. I contacted the general manager via Email and she promptly replied and acknowledged my issues, and agreed to refund the cost of my one night's stay due to my legitimate lack of satisfaction. She also followed up with me the next week to indicate that she has adjusted staffing schedules for busy evenings. So, there's hope.

Other than the ridiculous placement of the basketball court directly outside a large block of guest rooms, this appears to be a nice property, and the rooms seem to be big, clean, and comfortable. If the staffing issues have indeed been addressed, I would give this property another try if in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room NOT facing the courtyard where the basketball court is.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Christina D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton London Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Dear DaveR19
Thank you for taking the time to share the good and bad points on your most recent stay with us at the Homewood Suites by Hilton London. I am glad to hear that after your experience when you first arrived at the hotel you were able to enjoy our clean and comfortable rooms and have good night sleep. The addition of the extra evening shift and manager on duty program has improved the level of service we can offer our guests. It is a program we will continue to implement as needed.
We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that you will return to try our hotel again on your next stay to London.
We look forward to seeing you again,

Reviewed 2 August 2013

This is first class hotel at this writing, thanks to the staff at the front desk, who went the mile in accommodating all our needs of adjoining rooms, beds made-up after housekeeping hours. Only shortcoming was that every one seemed to want to eat at once and the kitchen was slow at both breakfast and dinner just trying to keep up and so ran out of several food items.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank pat m

Dear pat m
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your most recent experience at the Homewood Suites by Hilton London. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stat with us and found our staff to be accommodating.
I would like to let you know that we implemented a new program to ensure there are more staff on hand during the breakfast and dinner hours to ensure that the service does not suffer during our busier times.
Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to London.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

Roomy and comfortable, well-equipped suite. Very convenient to 401 & 402, and easy to find. Hotel has with great amenities (too many to try on this visit) and a friendly staff. Seems well suited for an extended stay. This will be our first choice for our next visit to London, Ontario.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Christina D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton London Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Dear ffeaston
Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey on the Homewood Suites by Hilton London. We are glad to hear that you were able to enjoy our roomy and comfortable rooms and the many amenities it comes with such as the fully equipped kitchen. We are a great choice for short and long term visits as we do offer many amenities to make anyone feel at home. We are honored to be your first choice of a place to stay when you are in the London area and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to London.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

Everything about this property is just great!!! From the staff to the Mangement. Just first rate. Kudos to eveyone here. Very close to resturants and shopping. Just minutes from the London airport or about an hour from Toronto International Airport. Right off the 401.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are great.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Dear TRut177
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Homewood Suites by Hilton London. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in all aspects of your stay.
We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to London.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

Homewood suites London, this is one of my favorite properties. Everything is just plain good. Can't say enough about the staff. Will stay again anytime. It';s easy to find and close to Costco which is a bonus when you live in Northern Ontario.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Christina D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton London Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Dear Welton S
We are glad to hear that the Homewood Suites by Hilton London is one of you favorite places to stay. Your great feedback is appreciated and the staff will enjoy hearing what you have to say about them. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in London.