“Great Hotel for a long term stay!!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton London Ontario
Ranked #2 of 41 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersBronze level
Straeten, Germany
“Great Hotel for a long term stay!!”
Reviewed 1 September 2014

This hotel had everything my family and I needed for a long term stay. It is tough keeping teenagers happy but both my 19 and 17 yr old stated that it was a good hotel and good experience--strong praise from teenagers. Would be happy to stay here again and highly recommended

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Christina D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton London Ontario, responded to this review, 10 September 2014
Dear JimandHeidi,

Thank you for the review of your stay with us at the Homewood Suites by Hilton London. It is wonderful to hear that everyone in your family enjoyed their stay with us. With a daily complimentary Suite Start hot breakfast, indoor pool and spa, a half basketball court, and complimentary high speed wireless internet, it's understandable that even teens can have a great stay.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to London.

Guest Services Supervisor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel on August long weekend. The rooms were clean, spacious, and well adorned with all amenities. The beds were comfortable, but the pull out couch was terrible. I would recommend the two queens for families of 4.

Room was quiet and comfortable, kitchen was clean and everything was as I had come to expect from this type of hotel. However, there were some shortcomings!

Namely, the internet was excessively slow and would not allow you to do anything without long and painful wait times. This is a deal breaker for me!

Also, the breakfast in the morning, which was supposed to be a hot meal buffet was fine if you like eating cardboard for breakfast. The prepackaged style of breakfast was at best mediocre and led to severe indigestion. Missing was the fresh fruit or veggies, or anything that could be labeled as fresh. In the future I would not waste my time here and go out to breakfast elsewhere.

Room Tip: two queens and stay away from king with pull out for more that two people.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Christina D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton London Ontario, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Dear Mozillatraveler,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at the Homewood Suites by Hilton London. Here at the Homewood Suites we take great pride in knowing that we have met the needs of our guests and clearly with your review we have indeed fell short.

Firstly I would like to apologize that you were unimpressed with our breakfast selection during your stay. Fresh fruits like apples and bananas are to be available at all times for our guests so I will be looking into this.

I am glad that you did enjoy the cleanliness of your suites and all of its amenities. I do hope that you will try us out again so we can reassure you in how wonderful we truly are and how much we do care.

Jessie Smith,
Front Office Manager
Decatur, Georgia
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I stayed here for a few weeks and enjoyed my stay. The front desk service was excellent, and resolved any of my issues quickly. The meals were also good. There are plenty of restaurants around, though, if you prefer to get out. The rooms were nice and spacious, and all the appliances were clean and relatively updated. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Dan S,

Thank You for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at the Homewood Suites by Hilton London. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us & we look forward to seeing you again in the future during your next trip to the London Area.

Jessie Smith,
Front Office Manager
OAkville, Canada
Reviewed 22 August 2014

What a great stay! From the minute I walked in the front desk staff were warm and friendly and I so enjoyed the beautiful dally breakfast spread. This was NOT your typical dry croissants and bagels. Fresh coffee, fruit and a nice hot egg dish was included. This made the morning just like home. Thank You!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Christina D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton London Ontario, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear Lindsay F,

Thank you for your review of your stay with us at the Homewood Suites by Hilton London. I’m so glad that our Suite Start hot breakfast lived up to its name and made you feel at home and made your morning. It’s also wonderful to see you were greeted so warmly and that was only the start to your great stay.

Thank you again for your kind review and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to London.

windsor, Canada
Reviewed 20 August 2014

i would recommend. Staff was extremely helpful and pleasant. One of the two the elevators broke down in the morning and was repaired within a couple of hours. Room was clean and functional. Pool hot tub, weight room also clean and presentable. Location close to the 401 and main road into City of London. We stayed 2 nights interent should be accessible for duration of stay automatically versus haivng to re-connect

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Christina D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton London Ontario, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear Gianni D,

Thank you for your review of your stay with us at the Homewood Suites by Hilton London. It’s always wonderful to hear the staff was helpful and friendly as we believe it helps make stays more enjoyable and invite guests to “be at home”. I apologize for the elevator issue but I’m glad our maintenance staff was able to repair it in a timely manner so no one was inconvenienced.

In regards to the complimentary internet access, we are looking into ways to make that service more convenient for guests that are in for several nights instead of having to log in daily.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to London.

Toronto
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My stay at the Homewood Suites in London Ontario was very pleasant. The room was large, good amenities and the fridge and microwave came in handy. I also enjoyed using the pool and gym. Breakfast was good with a variety of choices from eggs to waffles.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Christina D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton London Ontario, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Sambez
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your most recent stay at the Homewood Suites by Hilton London. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed everything about your stay from our spacious guest rooms filled with attend amenities to our recreation facilities and our breakfast which offers a variety of items to choose from.
We look forward to seeing you again upon your next visit to London.
Sincerely
Christina Dale
Menlo Park, California
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

After our original reservation at a neighboring property was completely messed up my family and I after a long 6hr drive were very grateful to find the Homewood Suites and available let adjoining rooms! I haven't stayed at a Homewood before and I have to say for the price point I was really impresses. We had two "suites" that connected with pull out sofas in each living room so a great layout for our 4 small kids. Rooms were modern and clean with a great little kitchen area and TVs everywhere! The bathrooms were basic but everything you needed.

We had a great nights sleep and then took advantage of the plentiful free breakfast and a quick swim before heading off on our journey.

All in all a short but great visit and I will definitely be looking into more Homewood Suites for future travels!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear FrankDrebin
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on you most recent experience at the Homewood Suites by Hilton London. It is great to receive such a wonderful review from a frequent traveler such as yourself. I am glad that we were able to help after you had such a long drive into town. We are glad to hear that you felt comfortable in our spacious adjoining room suites; they are nice to have when travelling with a large family or group. Although your visit was short, it is nice to hear you all were able to enjoy some of our value added amenities such as the pool and complimentary breakfast.
We are ecstatic to hear the Homewood Suites will now be your hotel of choice.
When you are in London again, we look forward to seeing you again.
Christina Dale