Homewood Suites by Hilton London Ontario
  • Breakfast included
US$137
US$133
Travelocity
All reviewsbasketball courtfree dinnergreat hotelmonday to thursdayfull size fridgeone bedroom suitestove topcomplimentary breakfastputting greenbreakfast and dinnerhot tubthe sofa bedhome away from homeeasy accessoff the highwayice machinethe breakfast area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 August 2009

If you are looking for a nice, spacious, hotel just off the 401 near London, ON, then this is the hotel for you. The rooms are like small one bedroom apartments, tastefully decorated with ample room to spread out. Traveling with a small child, it was great to have a separate bedroom so our baby could sleep in his crib while we had dinner and watched tv in the living room. Having a kitchen is nice too, and the bed is very comfortable. The rate we got was $116 CAD which is very reasonable for such a nice, big room. The room was clean and the staff was very friendly. We will definitely stay here again, and recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Christina D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton London Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Reviewed 20 May 2009

Our family stayed at this hotel for the Victoria Day long weekend (May 15-18) primarily because it was the number one ranked hotel on tripadvisor. (It slipped to number 2 recently).

The check in was fast and easy. The reception desk person was courteous, gave a rundown of all the amenities, and answered all our questions. She would never be described as the friendliest person on the planet, but she was polite and did her job well.

The room was a spacious one bedroom suite with two queens. It had two small flat screen lcd tvs; one in the living area and one in the bedroom. I think they should add dvd players someday. The couch and chair looked a bit like garage sale furniture, but they were fairly new as is the entire hotel! The couch looked like it had some hairs on it, so I asked housecleaning to vacuum it. They steam cleaned it that same day. Housekeeping also gave us some less fluffier pillows after I requested them. Housekeeping at Homewood is excellent.

The beds are super comfy and the sheets and duvet are some of the finest I've ever slept on in a hotel; and I've stayed at some nice 4-stars hotels like the Dearborn Hyatt.

The suite was very clean as was the entire facility. We used the pool everyday, and it was also clean and kept at a nice warm temperature. The pool towels were like sandpaper and about the size of a napkin, so you might want to bring your own.

There are pets allowed, but we did not see any until the day we checked out. And it defecated a bit on the lobby floor. Housekeeping was there in a flash to clean it up.

The breakfast, which is included in your stay, leaves a lot to be desired. There was one different hot entry every morning, (like breakfast burrito, mini omelette), a potato dish (hashbrowns or homefries) and a meat (bacon, sausage). The buffet included an assortment of breads and pastries, some cereals, juices and the like. The hot entry was usually tasteless and the potatoes were barely edible.; the meat was meat. By the time we got down to breakfast around 9:00 every morning (it ended at 10), there was not much left of the breads and pastries. By the third morning, we got there a little bit later, and there were not many pastries/breads at all. My wife asked if there was any more and the breakfast lady curtly replied 'No'. Other guests were also complaining of the lack of replenishment of the breakfast buffet. Overall, the breakfast was a big disappointment.

Other than the breakfast (it was included anyway), we still had a great time at the hotel and I would recommend it to anyone. Maybe just go out for breakfast!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 March 2009

We really like staying at this hotel. The mattresses , pillows, and sheets were very clean and comfortable. (You didn't feel like a thousand people at been there before you.)Private door seperated the bedroom from the small living room. Flat screen tv in each room. Large bathroom with fluffy white towels and soaps are all by Neutrogena. Each room has a kitchenette complete with full fridge/freezer with ice maker, double stove top, dishwasher, microwave, dishes, coffee maker , free bag of popcorn and a small table w/chair. Clean, modern, new and overall one of my favorite places to stay. Breakfast is included with the room. Fresh waffles you make yourself on the waffle iron, and eggs and sausages. Juice, fruit, oatmeal, cold cereal and pastries. All self serve. The eating area was open, fresh and very relaxing. It felt more like a 4 star hotel.
In the summer, there is mini put, and outdoor BBQ's. Free parking, salt water pool and whirlpool, small fitness room and free business centre. Great place to stay for any occassion!

Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
Christina D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton London Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 28 February 2009

Heard it was a great value for the money from a co-worker.She was right!Clean,friendly,great location, priced right and you get breakfast and dinner during the week.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 26 February 2009

I love Homewood suites (along with Hampton inns), so I was very disappointed with the fact that I would have to write a not so raving review.

We stayed at the London Homewood Suites over a Saturday night. The hotel had booked several hockey teams (atleast 4) and I truly believe that this makes our experience different than someone who would be there during non-hockey team events.

We had a few issues with our room and the hotel. Let me start off by saying that our room was beautiful and very well laid out. We had a King room with a fold out sofa bed which my son slept on. The bed was very comfortable. The room is large, has a kitchen with a full size fridge, stove and dishwasher. Although we only used the fridge, having the extra space and table was nice. The bathroom has a huge stand up shower. However as I got in the shower and closed the sliding door, the door went off it's hinges and fell on top of me. I tried fixing it myself but it seemed to just be hanging there. Later on, I talked to my mom, who stayed in the room in front of us, and she mentioned that although she loved her room, her shower door was not secure either. Except for the shower issue the rest of the room was really nice.

As I mentioned the hotel books very large groups of hockey teams. I think staff must have been overwhelmed as they just seemed to have given up. Most of the kids were left unsupervised and took over the hallways and the pools. The pool and hot tub were truly disgusting. Kids were playing hockey in the hallways, were screaming running down the hallways, and at one point a group of kids were walking down our hallway trying all the doorknobs to see if one would open. When we checked into the hotel, the main floor hallway had squished gravy&fries on the floor, and the elevator had mud all over the walls. We noticed the fries were cleaned up but not the muddy elevator walls.

While it is a shame that these "hockey parents" are not being responsible for their children, this hotel chooses to host large groups of hockey teams without having proper extra supervision to manage this choice or having the facilities to accommodate these young ones. This is at the cost of comfort to all their other paying guests.

The location is right off the 401. It is very close to the mall in London and Wellington street has alot of really good restaurants such as Jack Astors, Moxie's and Mandarin.

The hotel had a nice breakfast in the morning with hot and cold options. I did notice that this Homewood did not have tea, coffee and hot chocolate available during the day and evening, like other Homewood Suites and some Hampton inns do...but maybe this is not the norm and we've just been spoiled.

If I was looking for a quiet weekend away, I would certainly avoid this hotel on hockey weekends. Otherwise I'm sure the hotel is fine place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family