“Excellent choice”

Homewood Suites by Hilton London Ontario
Ranked #4 of 41 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 1 April 2010

Very pleasant stay . Very minor "blip"; I forgot to bring shaving cream and the little shop by the front desk (and owned by the hotel) did not have shaving cream! They had pretty much everything else. Good stay!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Christina D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton London Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Kind regards,

Reviewed 20 February 2010

Stayed overnight, and arrived a half hour early, but room was not ready, so left and came back after posted check in time...had to wait another hour before room was ready. Room was lovely, but service was horrific. Girl's hockey team dominated the pool, which was very tiny. Hot tub was nice. Double charged me for a movie rental, and no one was around when it was check out time. Won't visit here again.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
Christina D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton London Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Reviewed 13 December 2009

I must disagree with some of the comments that people have said of this hotel. I stayed over a hockey weekend in November, and the kids were just out of control and the parents were no where to be found. The 2 guards were following some kids to find out where their parents were. I had to open my room door a few times and asked the parents that were drinking in the hallways to keep it down, and of course they didn't. The front desk people were very apologetic about the situation in the morning and said that they did come to my floor a few times throughout the night. I didn't ask to see the manager because I understood that he was busy. But these hockey parents should realize that hotels are not baby sitters, you still have to be responsible for your kids.

Great Hotel, great staff, the breakfast was a bit hectic, but what can you do.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends
HomewoodSuites4, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton London Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2010

I would like to thank you for stay with the Homewood Suites London and sharing your thoughts and experience you had. I agree 100% with you that the parents should take responsibility for their children and have respect for other guests in the hotel.

I am very thankful that you still gave us a good review after experiencing a noisey team during your stay. Thank you!

Reviewed 30 November 2009

My sons hockey team stayed at the Homewood by Hilton and our stay felt nothing like home. The emplyees were rude, the accomadations were poor, security harrassed both parents and children and the managment do not seem to understand the consept of customer service.

We were given a room that had a giant black stain in the carpet. The television in the beroom did not work at all durring our two night stay despite our complaints no one even came to check it out. The employees at the front desk were rude and un responsive to our complaints.

Durring our stay, the hotel was mostly occupied by hockey teams which meant alot of children in the hotel. The two security guards on duty followed the kids around the hotel harrasing them. There were other parents complaining of the security using in appropriate language to the children. Security threaten to have the coach of the team evicted from the hotel if the children were not confined to there rooms.

They are defanitely NOT CHILDREN FRIENDLY at this hotel!!

Management was unappologetic and refused to compensate me. They were rude and showed no skills in customer service.

I would not stay at another HIlton hotel if my life depended on it.

• Stayed: November 2009

We take pride of how we operate the HIlton hotel and our staff is instructed on how to deal with guests who do not follow the rules that are agreed upon for each team. We have to make sure that the hotel is looked after properly night and day. If this means asking someone to leave the hotel because of behaviour unbecoming of an adult, then we will do this. If a guest is asked to leave, it must be for a good reason because 3 chances are given first. We respect the other guests and their privacy and quiet time after 10pm.
I have full confidence in the staff working at the hotel and that they will do whats right for our guests and supply them with adequate supplies.

Reviewed 30 November 2009

Upon trying to check in 20 minutes early I was told no - then the front desk gal commented "they ensure they check in all of their corporate guests early first" So what is she saying - my money isn't as good as corporate? I asked her about this and her comment was - "I could find another hotel" - and actually she was right - I should have cut my losses then as things got progressively worse. Trying to get an additional roll of toilet paper and a box of tissue(the tissue boxes apparently were empty in every room) for our room was like pulling teeth - after running out of toilet paper and repeatedly asking the only evening staff member another very rude front desk person (must be as pre-requisit to work here) other than the two bumbling rude security guards on duty for an additional roll of toilet paper we had to resort to taking a roll from the hotel lobby washroom. The toilet in the room was fautly from the moment we checked in - it kept running and not filling up - finally by the second night at around midnight when we could sleep because of the toilet constantly running - we had to call the desk and ask for maintenance - at which point the security guard showed up with no tools - he had a look at the toilet and asked me if I had a nailfile or a dime so he could fix it???? And this hotel is affiliated with the Hilton name - I couldn't believe the unprofessionalism of the entire staff. Afterall Conrad Hilton's dream was "hospitality" - you'll find none at this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2009
2  Thank MartinaDundas

I would like it if people did not make negative comments towards the staff if they are not true. It is very unprofessional, especially if this is not what happened

Reviewed 15 October 2009

It was just one night but it was a comfortable suite (King bed) and a well appointed kitchen. Hot breakfast in the morning could use improvement - especially the slow toaster.

The pool is saltwater.

Got a discounted rate. Don't think it would be worth the full rate.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Christina D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton London Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Reviewed 27 September 2009

I had booked this hotel due to the high reviews and it being a Hilton product. My co workers and I were very surprised to see how beautiful it was and how comfortable the beds were. The staff had been so accomodating towards us and were so very kind. My hats off to the management team at this hotel, as i know how hard it is to run a tight ship in a large company.
With all the competition in that area i can see why they are highly recommmended.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business