There are a number of things we very much liked about A Parkview B&B
- the location is very good – with a beautiful back yard backing onto a park. Access to downtown London is very easy and quick
- although we didn’t have time to enjoy it the nice sunroom off our room (South bedroom) was nice to have access to
- the drinks, fruit and snacks in the guest lounge were very much appreciated – an very nice touch
- breakfast was certainly excellent – fruit, yoghurt, juice, coffee, eggs, ham and asparagus, all very well prepared and delicious
- the bed was very comfortable, and
- having arrived considerably later then we planned and had indicated, Aileen (who had gone out for the evening) was thoughtful enough to leave a note and number to call her, and pointed us to maps she had printed out to the theatre we were going to that evening, along with a restaurant suggestion – extremely thoughtful and helpful
But then there were a few things, none of which were significant, that tempered our overall assessment
- the house itself is a basic ranch home, with a beautiful addition on the back, but nothing especially memorable,
- although I apologized twice for being late Aileen continued to mention it – once fair enough but the additional times not, particularly after I had taken the initiative to apologize, and
- Aileen emailed us to thank us for our TripAdvisor review, prior to me having written one!
All in all a nice enough B&B, but a number of small things that made it less then excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Old North London, backing onto Gibbons Park, Parkview is a short walk to UWO/St.Joseph's and University Hospitals. Masonville mall is a few km. away. Walk to trendy Richmond Row - great shopping/theatre/restaurants. Cont/cooked breakfast inc. Guest lounge with TV/microwave/frig., All rooms have queen size beds with either private or en-suite bathrooms. The Garden Suite is a self-contained apartment with full kitchen/private patio. Parkview is pleased to have been reviewed and recommended by Janette Higgins as one of "The Best Places to Bed & Breakfast in Ontario." ... more less
- Also Known As:
- A ParkView Bed & Breakfast London, Ontario