“A Little Piece Of Heaven”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
A ParkView Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 11 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 January 2009

We drove in tired and exhausted from long flights and a wee drive and found ourselves in a little patch of heaven. The room was beautifully appointed and fitted out like a fine spa. The breakfast was no "continental" breakfast but a feast of yummy and scrumptious items freshly cooked and well presented. You can sit out under the spreading shade trees while drinking fine coffee (or a glass of your own wine) and feel like you are in a park as dozens of birds fly to and fro. The park-ilke property backs onto a huge and beautiful city park with the borrowed landscape making you feel you are on an Irish estate. The university is a short walk along park trails or residential streets. The hosts are gracious, kind, and thoughtful and the stay was perfect. Thank you

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank WestCoastFolk
There are newer reviews for A ParkView Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 27 December 2008

Great location--central , but a very quiet neighbourhood. At the last minute, because of an anticipated snowstorm, we were able to arrange an extra day--even though Aileen and Doug were away. They left us a key, and had everything organized for us, including next day's breakfast. What trust!
The facilities were extremely comfortable, and the breakfasts great.
We will be staying there whenever we go to London. Also, the price was right.
I might add that Wendy and I are very familiar with B&Bs in many countries.
Keith

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Keiffer
Reviewed 3 October 2008

My daughter and I spent a wonderfully restful and relaxing two days at Parkview B&B in late August 2008. This B&B is in a quiet neighbourhood with lovely homes, gardens and beautiful big trees, and backs onto Gibbons Park. We stayed in the one-bedroom, self-contained apartment suite, with its own private patio overlooking well-kept flower gardens, expansive lawns and the absolutely amazing Gibbons park, where we discovered a large outdoor swimming pool, children's splash pad, and extensive walking and biking trails which wind along the river to the UWO campus. The apartment itself was quiet, beautifully furnished, spotlessly clean and well-equipped. Our hosts were very helpful and kept our kitchen well-stocked the entire weekend with a wonderful selection of juices, home-made carrot muffins, banana bread, bagels, fresh fruit, and even a home-made quiche which was delicious! A special added touch was the home-made strawberry jam! We would highly recommend this B&B to anyone looking for a charming and quiet place to stay in London, and especially for those who enjoy the outdoors and who like to walk everywhere!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank OntarioTravellerOne
Reviewed 5 May 2008

Wow. What can I say. We arrived late and it was pouring rain. Doug drove us to the Grand Theatre so we arrived in time to see the play. That was so thoughtful. In the B&B they have thought of all the little things you would want. For example, there is a microwave with tea and coffee. Snacks were abundent, bottled water,pop,chocolate covered cookies,chips. I liked the layout too as it is separate and from the rest of the house and was very private. They put a lot of thought in designing it I could tell. The breakfast was huge and tasteful. I even mentioned I like decaf tea and Aileen handled that request. The conversation was lively, and my wife and I felt very welcome. Plus the beautiful park in the back is just awesome for romantic walks. Just a few suggestions. Maybe a lock on the private bath as it is not in the North room, felt like anyone could walk in. Plus maybe a matress pad on the bed as it is a tad hard. And yes I WOULD recommend this place to anyone staying in London.

Stayed: May 2008
1  Thank howeyd2Macomb
Reviewed 31 March 2008

I stayed for two nights in one of the private rooms (North Bedroom) of Parkview while visiting UWO for an interview. Aileen was a great help in telling me about the city, and making sure I was satisfied with everything. Like I would imagine is true for all such locations, your cost can depend on the number of guests staying overnight - so I'm surprised that the other student felt mistreated after breaking the rules, so to speak.

The breakfasts were delicious (and filling), and the snacks/chocolates/drinks available in the lounge were definitely a nice bonus. She offered to drive me to the airport on a Monday morning, which is really going above and beyond "the call of duty".

So I think if you're a student or young professional, looking for a little peace and privacy in a beautiful home with very helpful management, I would absolutely recommend this place. This certainly isn't a party house, nor does it ever pretend to be one, so I think as long as you're aware of that, you'll have a great experience!

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank UBCtraveller
Reviewed 17 October 2007

I stayed over the B&B in the aparment downstairs during three months between April to June 2007. I highly recomend this lovely place due to many reasons but the most important is that they (Alieen and Doug, the owners)made me fell like if I were at home.
The apartment downstairs is huge with all the accomodations and a beatiful outside patio next to a gorgeous garden. The other two bedrooms are also very comfortable and spacious. They have a enormous living room where you can enyoy your-self with the fabolous Alieen´s breakfast and magnifient views of the garden and the very close Gibson park .
It is very well situated, in a very calm neighbourhood just beside a very nice park and the University campus and ten minutes far away walk from London downtown.
As I said before, Alieen and Doug made their best in every moment to make me feel comfortable in every situation during three months. I came over London from Spain looking for medical research and I´ve realised I get back truthly friends forever, I´ll be gatefull with them forever!!!
P.S. I´m sure they remember me like they "Clumsy Spaniard" regarding all the stuff I broke downstairs...but they do not charge any supplement at all!!! They should be prepared because I´ll probably come again.....

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled on business
1  Thank vavo30
Reviewed 11 September 2007

We first discovered this aptly named little gem when my husband was due to undergo major surgery in London, during which time this beautiful B&B became my home away from home. Host extraordinaire Aileen was nothing short of a godsend! I can't speak too highly of the generous care and thoughtful attention we (and especially I, during his hospitalisation) received. Both Aileen and husband Doug are easygoing, welcoming hosts whose warmth permeates their comfortable, tastefully decorated home. We're deeply grateful for their care, and have since enjoyed their wonderful hospitality – as well as easily accessible jogging/biking trails, local restaurants & the beauty of historical London – on several return trips under less stressful circumstances! Serene setting, cheerful reception, gracious hospitality – highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled as a couple