“WAS PLEASANTLY SURPRISED BED WAS VERY CLEAN AND GOT BREAKFAST TOO”

Staybridge Suites London
Ranked #14 of 41 Hotels in London
Barrie, Canada
“WAS PLEASANTLY SURPRISED BED WAS VERY CLEAN AND GOT BREAKFAST TOO”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

Went in as a last moment decide to get off highway and get some sleep. Room right beside office which I felt was probably going to be a noisy last resort room. Bed was only a queen but was very clean. room had a kitchenette nice size bathroom wash sink area, big closets, couch free high speed. We also got a hot (well almost) breakfast in the morning it was typical quick scrambled eggs etc, sausage waffles and assorted cereals and fruit. We even had a quick swim in the pool before our 12.00 o'clock check out time. Got a corporate rate which helped the pocket book as well.
Will use this hotel again

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank biguglybeardedguy
Bridgingthegap25, General Manager at Staybridge Suites London, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Dear biguglybeardedguy,

Thank you for commenting on your stay at the Staybridge Suites London. I'm pleased to hear that your accommodations exceeded your expectations. It's always nice to be pleasantly surprised after taking a late-night gamble!

Again, thank you for your review. We look forward to seeing you again!

Kimberley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Burlington, On
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

Our family recently stayed for 1 night at Staybridge Suites in London and we really enjoyed our stay. There were 3 adults and 2 kids with us so having the 2 separate bedrooms in our suite really worked out well. I overheard quite a few people having issues with the number of beds, availability of cots/pullout couches, etc. and in every case it seems that these people did not confirm directly with the hotel in London (they checked with Expedia or the corporate 1.800 number). I would highly recommend that you always call the hotel directly before your visit to make sure that they have everything that you require. The kids loved the pool. They have a free breakfast buffet - I would advise that you get there early. We were at the buffet on Saturday at 9AM and it was a bit crazy (more people that available seats). This was the first time I had been to a hot breakfast buffet that didn't offer bacon (they had ham). Otherwise no real complaints at all. We will definitely stay here again if we come back to London.

Room Tip: As mentioned above, always call ahead to confirm the availability of pull out couches, cots,# of bed...
1 Thank NKLounger
Dear NKLounger,

Thank you for commenting on your time at the Staybridge Suties London. Three adults and two kids makes for a full room, so I'm glad to hear that you and your family were satisfied by and comfortable in your suite!

I also encourage future guests to call us directly to confirm the details of their bookings. The members of my Guest Service team will be happy to double check specifications to ensure a trouble-free stay.

Again, thank you for taking a moment to comment! I look forward to seeing you again.

Toronto, Ontario
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

One night stay with 2 kids (5 & 2) and husband. Booked 2 bedroom suite - they gave us handicap suite so mirror too low - husband cut hi self shaving. Room was full of flies - tried to get a fly swatted and was told the only o e they had was for the office. Killed flies with microscopic pad they leave in room to write notes. Didnt feel the room was clean - hair and yucky residue on toilet and showers. Was also muggy with smell like it hadnt been used in a while.Food was terrible in the am. Bed was rock hard. Would not recommend.

Room Tip: Don't book!
2 Thank Boxergirl2009
Bridgingthegap25, General Manager at Staybridge Suites London, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Dear Boxergirl2009,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your thoughts on the Staybridge Suites London. I'm sorry to hear that we failed to meet your expectations for a comfortable, trouble-free stay; however, I value your feedback, which will be used to ensure that all my future guests are spared similar disappointment.

Barrie, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

We were in London holidaying with grandchildren. Unhappy with the hotel we originally booked we happened upon Staybridge Suites. Luckily they were able to accommodate us. The staff were very helpful and friendly. Price included a hot/cold breakfast AND dinner buffet during our stay. No fee to use the laundry facilities. Hotel has an indoor pool & workout room. Courtyard has patio, 2 large BBQ's, patio tables & a small putting green. When we reached our "room" we were thrilled to find that it was a full suite with separate bedroom and spotlessly clean. Kitchenette complete with full size frig, dishwasher, microwave, 2 burner flat top stove. Beds were very comfortable. The hotel is located just off the hi-way and close to most amenities. All this and reasonably priced. No surprise the #2 choice to stay in London.

1 Thank 6scooter
Dear 6scooter,

Thank you for taking a moment to write a review of the Staybridge Suites London.

Being disappointed by your accommodations can really take the wind out of a family holiday; I'm glad that you and your grandchildren found us a little more satisfying than your original hotel!

Again, thank you for commenting. I hope we'll see you again on your next London vacation!

Oklahoma
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

Stayed on our way back from visiting the baseball hall of fame. There were three of us and the only thing they had left was a two bedroom suite--one with a king bed and the second with two queens. The one with two queens felt a little tight due to the size of the furniture. Also, the living room felt like it had one chair too many and also felt a little tight.

Design issues.
1. Had trouble finding many of the light switches in the rooms--they were simply poorly positioned.
2. Used a luggage cart to bring clothes in--was difficult to maneuver due to a couple of corners right after you come off the elevator.

Other issues
1. The lobby smelled. They provide a light dinner, but whatever they were preparing caused the lobby to smell. Even by the next morning you could still smell it. I don't pay to go into a nice suite hotel and then have it smell.

2. Breakfast was terrible. The selection was no better than at a typical Comport Inn. They did not have enough help, so tables were not cleaned up, they were out of eggs, the fruit was low and looked picked over, and if you wanted a waffle, you had to use the same container to put the batter into that others had previously used. Was messy and looked horrible.

3. Since there was no room inside we had to sit outside for breakfast. Had to clean the table off first. Then on the concrete near the table someone had thrown two grill covers--instead of putting them on the grills that were close by.

Overall, I was very disappointed. This place needs a lot better manager. Would not recommend this to anyone.

1 Thank AmigoOklahoma
Dear AmigoOklahoma,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the Staybridge Suites London. I'm sorry to hear that your stay was unsatisfactory; however, I appreciate your feedback, and will make every effort to ensure a much more positive experience for all my guests.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

I have to say the whole experience with Stay Bridge in London was a good one. I mainly dealt with Mark the front office manger. I think this mans people skills are among the best I have encountered during a hotel stay. I like doing things one time and found any problems or questions were quickly and politely answered without the need to call about any issue more than once. I have mobility issues and found this hotel more than willing to help out where they were able. The rooms are large, clean, well appointed for what I consider a well run operation it is clear why they are number one in London. The staff will make you feel at home with hellos in the halls and lobby area the norm along with quick attention to any requests. I did find the buffet a bit crowded, but too me there is a reason, this is a great hotel at even better rates with the bonus of free breakfast 7 days a week and mon-thurs dinner as well so consider that when pricing a room there. The AC works great, the cleaning staff even left a note because they had been by and because of the sheer size of the room I did not hear them knock. Once I mentioned this on passing the front counter a quick offer of clean towels and anything else I needed was offered even though the cleaning staff had gone for the evening. I liked the upfront attitude with the manger of the hotel asking how your stay was posted clearly in all elevators which show he commitment to customer satisfaction. They have BBQ's out back should you want to cook for your family or maybe out of town kids baseball teams like I noticed during my stay. The outdoor space is well looked after as I noticed new mulch was being put in the rear gardens. I really have not stayed at a better hotel in terms of customer service and this includes several high end hotels I stayed at. Book ahead this place fills up quick, a great bonus is free in house laundry facilities which saves a ton of money and hassle if you are travelling and need to wash clothes. I heard very little noise in my room, it was clean and well taken care of which is the key to me in managing a hotel as what was once a great hotel can turn into a dump quickly if maintenance isn't done which this hotel clearly sets as a priority. You will be close to restaurants, shopping and the 401.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Dear richard d,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the Staybridge Suites London. The members of my Guest Service Team and I are so pleased to have been able to provide you with the kind of hotel experience that leads to such a thoroughly glowing review! I'll certainly forward your compliments on to Mark.

Again, thank you so much for your comments. I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to London!

Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

We were looking for a place to stay on the way to Toronto and since we were arriving very late at night our priorities were simply close to the highway, clean and a good price that included breakfast. We were all very happy when we opened the door and saw it was a true suite with a separate bedroom. Staff was nice, breakfast was good, bedroom was quiet (even though facing the highway) and is well buffered from the hallway. We didn't hear a thing. We find double beds tight for 4 so the pull-out couch was great. I give it a "very good" instead of excellent because the plumbing in all fixtures was "slow" - buy hey, nothing is perfect and this isn't a deterrent. We would stay again. Thank you Staybridge Suites!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank LoriL3020
Bridgingthegap25, General Manager at Staybridge Suites London, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Dear LoriL3020,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience of the Staybridge Suites London with others! I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your impromptu time with us, despite the "slow" plumbing (which I'll be investigating right away).

Again, thanks for commenting. I look foward to seeing you and your family on your next visit to London!