“Always love the place and service”

Staybridge Suites London
Ranked #14 of 41 Hotels in London
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Nice place, friendly and very helpful staffs at all times. The rooms are great and the front desk service is superb! They would help you in practically anything! Special thanks to April, Kendra, Valerie, Robert, Mark, Amanda and Newbie Caitlyn and Ashley.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Fernando B
Bridgingthegap25, General Manager at Staybridge Suites London, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Dear Fernando B,

Thank you for commenting on the Staybridge Suites London. I'm pleased to hear that you were satisfied with the service you received during your stay! The members of my Guest Services team work hard to ensure such positive reactions from our guests. I'll be sure to pass along your compliments.

I look forward to having you back with us again!

There are newer reviews for Staybridge Suites London

Reviewed 28 July 2013

First time staying at Staybridge hotel and we find it very pleasing place to stay
Staff: They are very helpful and considerate. I tried to book our stay on an advance purchased and for some reason my credit card did not work, they tried to do it for everyday within 3 wks but still did not work. The day before our reservation, one of the front desk called as and said that they tried our credit card and it wasn't working, if we could confirm that we still want the reservation and pay upfront they would still acknowledge the advance purchase and I think that was a great service.

Day of arrival: Check in time is 3pm but we arrived at 1:30pm our was not ready yet but the front desk told us since they overbooked we get an upgrade and that we will be getting two adjucent room instead of one bedroom two queen bed. I think it was so great of them to do that.

Swimming pool was very good entertainment for the kids.
The compimentary laundry machine is very helpful, you just need to buy your own soap but I didn't mind.

Not really bif fan of the breakfast, it was ok. The dining area gets too crowded, I think they need to make more space for tables and chairs.

Room: was fantastic, clean and new. Love that there's a mini kitchen where I can heat up food and store out leftovers.

Overall, it is a great hotel. We had a comfortable stay and very family and kids friendly hotel. We would defenitely comeback at any Staybridge location. Our family loved it and we had fun.

1  Thank anotetoread
Bridgingthegap25, General Manager at Staybridge Suites London, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Dear anotetoread,

Thank you for taking a few moments to share your thoughts on your time at the Staybridge Suites London. When potential issues such as temperamental credit cards come up, everyone on my Guest Services team makes it a priority to ensure as few hiccups as possible for our guests. I'm happy to hear that you and your family were satisfied with your accommodations!

Again, thank you for your review. I look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 25 July 2013

Went in as a last moment decide to get off highway and get some sleep. Room right beside office which I felt was probably going to be a noisy last resort room. Bed was only a queen but was very clean. room had a kitchenette nice size bathroom wash sink area, big closets, couch free high speed. We also got a hot (well almost) breakfast in the morning it was typical quick scrambled eggs etc, sausage waffles and assorted cereals and fruit. We even had a quick swim in the pool before our 12.00 o'clock check out time. Got a corporate rate which helped the pocket book as well.
Will use this hotel again

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank biguglybeardedguy
Bridgingthegap25, General Manager at Staybridge Suites London, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2013

Dear biguglybeardedguy,

Thank you for commenting on your stay at the Staybridge Suites London. I'm pleased to hear that your accommodations exceeded your expectations. It's always nice to be pleasantly surprised after taking a late-night gamble!

Again, thank you for your review. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 22 July 2013

Our family recently stayed for 1 night at Staybridge Suites in London and we really enjoyed our stay. There were 3 adults and 2 kids with us so having the 2 separate bedrooms in our suite really worked out well. I overheard quite a few people having issues with the number of beds, availability of cots/pullout couches, etc. and in every case it seems that these people did not confirm directly with the hotel in London (they checked with Expedia or the corporate 1.800 number). I would highly recommend that you always call the hotel directly before your visit to make sure that they have everything that you require. The kids loved the pool. They have a free breakfast buffet - I would advise that you get there early. We were at the buffet on Saturday at 9AM and it was a bit crazy (more people that available seats). This was the first time I had been to a hot breakfast buffet that didn't offer bacon (they had ham). Otherwise no real complaints at all. We will definitely stay here again if we come back to London.

Room Tip: As mentioned above, always call ahead to confirm the availability of pull out couches, cots,# of bed...
1  Thank NKLounger

Dear NKLounger,

Thank you for commenting on your time at the Staybridge Suties London. Three adults and two kids makes for a full room, so I'm glad to hear that you and your family were satisfied by and comfortable in your suite!

I also encourage future guests to call us directly to confirm the details of their bookings. The members of my Guest Service team will be happy to double check specifications to ensure a trouble-free stay.

Again, thank you for taking a moment to comment! I look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

One night stay with 2 kids (5 & 2) and husband. Booked 2 bedroom suite - they gave us handicap suite so mirror too low - husband cut hi self shaving. Room was full of flies - tried to get a fly swatted and was told the only o e they had was for the office. Killed flies with microscopic pad they leave in room to write notes. Didnt feel the room was clean - hair and yucky residue on toilet and showers. Was also muggy with smell like it hadnt been used in a while.Food was terrible in the am. Bed was rock hard. Would not recommend.

Room Tip: Don't book!
2  Thank Boxergirl2009
Bridgingthegap25, General Manager at Staybridge Suites London, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Dear Boxergirl2009,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your thoughts on the Staybridge Suites London. I'm sorry to hear that we failed to meet your expectations for a comfortable, trouble-free stay; however, I value your feedback, which will be used to ensure that all my future guests are spared similar disappointment.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

We were in London holidaying with grandchildren. Unhappy with the hotel we originally booked we happened upon Staybridge Suites. Luckily they were able to accommodate us. The staff were very helpful and friendly. Price included a hot/cold breakfast AND dinner buffet during our stay. No fee to use the laundry facilities. Hotel has an indoor pool & workout room. Courtyard has patio, 2 large BBQ's, patio tables & a small putting green. When we reached our "room" we were thrilled to find that it was a full suite with separate bedroom and spotlessly clean. Kitchenette complete with full size frig, dishwasher, microwave, 2 burner flat top stove. Beds were very comfortable. The hotel is located just off the hi-way and close to most amenities. All this and reasonably priced. No surprise the #2 choice to stay in London.

1  Thank 6scooter

Dear 6scooter,

Thank you for taking a moment to write a review of the Staybridge Suites London.

Being disappointed by your accommodations can really take the wind out of a family holiday; I'm glad that you and your grandchildren found us a little more satisfying than your original hotel!

Again, thank you for commenting. I hope we'll see you again on your next London vacation!

Reviewed 17 July 2013

Stayed on our way back from visiting the baseball hall of fame. There were three of us and the only thing they had left was a two bedroom suite--one with a king bed and the second with two queens. The one with two queens felt a little tight due to the size of the furniture. Also, the living room felt like it had one chair too many and also felt a little tight.

Design issues.
1. Had trouble finding many of the light switches in the rooms--they were simply poorly positioned.
2. Used a luggage cart to bring clothes in--was difficult to maneuver due to a couple of corners right after you come off the elevator.

Other issues
1. The lobby smelled. They provide a light dinner, but whatever they were preparing caused the lobby to smell. Even by the next morning you could still smell it. I don't pay to go into a nice suite hotel and then have it smell.

2. Breakfast was terrible. The selection was no better than at a typical Comport Inn. They did not have enough help, so tables were not cleaned up, they were out of eggs, the fruit was low and looked picked over, and if you wanted a waffle, you had to use the same container to put the batter into that others had previously used. Was messy and looked horrible.

3. Since there was no room inside we had to sit outside for breakfast. Had to clean the table off first. Then on the concrete near the table someone had thrown two grill covers--instead of putting them on the grills that were close by.

Overall, I was very disappointed. This place needs a lot better manager. Would not recommend this to anyone.

1  Thank AmigoOklahoma

Dear AmigoOklahoma,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the Staybridge Suites London. I'm sorry to hear that your stay was unsatisfactory; however, I appreciate your feedback, and will make every effort to ensure a much more positive experience for all my guests.