“As good as it gets!!”

Staybridge Suites London
Ranked #14 of 41 Hotels in London
“As good as it gets!!”
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Dollar for dollar, the best value, PERIOD!

Rooms: clean and roomy... and it's like having a "one bedroom suite"... complete with a full kitchen, house-sized refrigerator and small dining area. Some of these suites have separate bedrooms, fully enclosed.

Bathroom amenities are just fine as well.

Internet: works well

Plugs: lots of 'em and conveniently placed throughout the room.

Air Cond: Wall mount, and efficient.

Staff: Excellent. What can I say? Special thanks to Amanda who solved a booking problem, and to Caitlyn and Mark at the front desk for their professional and friendly greeting and assistance.

Food:
Kind of like a "home away from home, this location (as do many Staybridge locations) serve full breakfast (eggs, waffles, cereals, muffins, etc) but some evenings you'll be able to have 'dinner' as well... all inclusive!

Tonight i understand is soup, sandwich bar and salad.

Parking: Ample and free

Location: An exit off the highway brings you right to the front door… and there are plenty of areas to go shopping and dining nearby.

I've stayed here many times in the past, and it is my "go to" place whenever I stay over in London.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Harvey C
Bridgingthegap25, General Manager at Staybridge Suites London, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Harvey C,

Thank you for sharing such a glowing review of the Staybridge Suites London. I'm so happy to hear that you've enjoyed your experiences with us, including accommodations, amenities, and service. I'll be sure to pass along your compliments to Amanda, Mark, and Caitlyn!

Again, thank you for your comments, and for making us your "go to". I look forward to seeing you again the next time you're in London!

Kimberley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Stayed here for our sons tournament in London. Hotel looked great from the description... Had a full kitchen, one bedroom suite, hot breakfast and even served supper during the week, and let you bring your dog (for a fee as usual). I've put off writing this review as I was NOT impressed with this hotel at all, but I was sure there were some good things about it if I really thought about it and gave it some time. I have been travelling since I was little, and been to many hotels, so I've seen what's good and what's not so good. From motels to 5 star hotels. (resorts are a different topic, so not comparing this hotel to those).

We had just finished our games for that day and decided to go to the hotel to check in (did not check the check in time prior to going- our fault) and it was around 2:30pm. We arrived first, with the rest of the team arriving quickly after. We were told check in was at 4pm. Considering the hotel was not busy at all, we asked if there was any way we could get our rooms ahead of time, since many hotels are more then accommodating to do this. We were told no (by the manager who came to talk to us). That they had not been cleaned... ok... I'd rather stay in a clean room anyways, but we could check back if it was ready earlier. They were great in letting us use the pool during that time of waiting. We appreciated that. So here is where it all falls apart. Pool was small, only 10 people allowed in the pool at a time.. Less then a baseball team.,still not a huge deal as they weren't strict on that rule, kids still had a lot of fun... I think they also had a mini putt too by the pool which the kids enjoyed. One family on our team was allowed in their room, so we put our dog in the room (in her crate), but the hotel gave them the wrong room, much smaller and not what they paid for... So they were able to switch rooms no problem, but on a different level of the hotel. Around 3:30 I went back to the desk and asked if our room was ready yet. We were told no, we were not allowed in the room AT ALL, until 4pm, and not sooner. I told them I wasn't impressed, since it does not take this long to clean a room. They said no one was allowed in their room till 4pm, not any sooner. (yet again from the manager and another staff). Came back at 3:55 to start the check in so we could be in right at 4. Found out then, that they had let 3 other families from our team in to their rooms right after I left at 3:30!! Especially when we were there first and had been one of the first families to book our room weeks ago. Why would he lie to us... Not very good management or customer service. He got me to sign a code of conduct for our son, about how to act in the hotel... Again my son has been to hotels since he was little..at least 8years now., and I've never had to sign one before.. But I just shrugged it off to it being because they were a team coming in and they could get rowdy. Found out at dinner that no one else had to sign one! on to our room... We liked the location of our room, right beside the door leading to the parking lot, since we had our dog with us, it was easy to come in and out with her. Our room was as described, clean kitchen, clean bathroom, but massive stains on the carpet... Looked like previous dogs had accidents all over the place. So I went to the front to let them know that the stains were there before we arrived (so we didn't get charged extra for cleaning if they thought it was our dog). The manager was there again, and he said that we could get the room cleaned and the spots cleaned if we wanted.... wait... Is that not why we were waiting in the first place? When I brought that up, he turned red, the other staff looked embarrassed and he stuttered that he noted it and we would not get charged for cleaning. When we got back from dinner it was later in the evening and once we got our kids organized and ready for bed it was late. We had another boy from the team with us for the night, so I was getting the sofabed ready and realized there were no sheets in the closet for it, so again I went to the desk and asked for some. She looked annoyed (as I can see why since I was getting annoyed too with how we were treated from the start) and told me to look for the sheets in the closet. When I told her that I looked for them already in every place, she said she'd get the staff to bring us some asap. Well 25 mins later, no sheets. Again I went back since the boys need to get to bed! She ended up getting them herself and brought them to us. Beds were comfortable enough, no complaints there. We left before the breakfast started but came back before it ended, sent the boys to go grab some food if they wanted but then decided to go check it out myself. Glad I did, before the boys ate any. It looked like it could have been good when it first started but from the look of the potatoes and meat it was out the entire time (at least a couple hours). It was cold and shrivelled. So they ended up eating cereal and a banana.

The hotel split up all the families into different wings and floors, not very accommodating in that way. And when we talked to another family she said there was cobwebs and spiders everywhere in her room and wasn't very clean. From what it sounded/looked like, the hotel did not clean our rooms as they were not used before our stay, so they didn't feel the need to reclean them.. Hence the cobwebs, stains, no sheets, etc.

We personally will not ever stay at this hotel again, or recommend it either, considering there were other well known hotels in that area as well. Once you stay at hotels that treat you well and are clean and up to date (even smaller motel type chains) you realize when hotels just aren't up to expectations or how it should be. Could be a decent stay for people who just need a place to stay for the night and aren't picky or care. Location was good, close to shopping, restaurants and other better hotels.

Room Tip: I would ask to see the room before they assign it, I'm sure there should be rooms that are nice...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jennifer02_84
Bridgingthegap25, General Manager at Staybridge Suites London, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Jennifer02_84,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at the Staybridge Suites London. I'm sorry that your time with us was unsatisfactory. High-quality, efficient guest service and comfort are Staybridge standards, so please be assured that I take particular note of reviews like yours.

For public health reasons, we do not allow guests to check in before their rooms have been cleaned. While the members of my Guest Service team make every effort to provide alternate arrangements for early arrivals, it seems we were unable to accommodate your early arrival in best fashion, for which I apologize.

Again, thank you for sharing your comments. I can tell you put a great deal of thought into your review, and I appreciate your thoroughness. If you would like to discuss your stay with me directly, I can be reached through the front desk.

Norwood, Canada
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed for 2 nights July 31 to August 2 2014. We had conjoining rooms with my parents. We found the hotel very friendly even made my mom coffee and they didn't have to do that. The pool was great and my kids loved the putting green and so did the rest of us. We found the rooms clean. The free breakfast was great had a big selection. If we are in the area again we would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Bridgingthegap25, General Manager at Staybridge Suites London, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Lisa K,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your review of the Staybridge Suites London. I'm so pleased that you and your family found your time with us satisfactory, and that you were able to enjoy a few of our complimentary amenities and recreation activities during your stay. I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to London!

Fort Frances, Canada
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I travel to London for a doctor's appointment every summer. And for the past three summers I've stayed at the Staybridge Suites. This place truly feels like a home away from home. All of the suites have a fridge / stove top / microwave / dishwasher, they serve hot breakfast every morning and four hot suppers throughout the week, there's a pool, an exercise room, an "office" I can use, and the staff are very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Bridgingthegap25, General Manager at Staybridge Suites London, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear thnythe,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the Staybridge Suites London. I'm so pleased to hear that your experiences with us and the amenities we offer have kept you coming back over the years, and that we've been able to become your "home away from home" during your doctor visits. I hope to keep seeing you for many more years to come!

Ottawa, ON
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights July 24-27th. Hotel was at a great location, easy to find. Check-in was quick. Got to our room, it was a one bedroom suite and it was nice to have a full kitchen.

The rooms felt cluttered; too much furniture. The hallway had a smell to it.

The room could use a good scrubbing as there were finger marks on the doors, the furniture. There was a whole in the chair. The kitchen chairs and carpet were stained. I was a little apprehensive to touch anything. The bath tiles also need a good scrub.

Bed was comfy, did not find it hard, pillows are awesome !

Breakfast was gross - I felt bad wasting everything on my plate- the only thing edible was the packaged yogurt and fruit! The eggs are powdered, hash browns are the freezer kind you buy at store so were the sausage.

I did not visit the pool or gym so I cannot comment.

No issues with checking out.

I would not stay at this hotel again due to cleanliness of the rooms and bathroom.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank jen0111
Bridgingthegap25, General Manager at Staybridge Suites London, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear jen0111,

Thank you for sharing your review of the Staybridge Suites London. I'm sorry to hear that your accommodations were less than wholly satisfactory. The cleanliness of our property, and especially of our guest suites, is of the utmost importance to me and the members of my Housekeeping team. Please be assured that I've taken note of your comments on the cleanliness of your suite, and will investigate further.

Again, thank you for your comments. I hope you'll consider giving us a second chance to make a better impression.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This was a very nice and luxurious hotel. The staff were extremely friendly and the rooms were luxurious and welcoming. This is a perfect hotel for a few nights stay to relax. I will come back to the nice place!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Bridgingthegap25, General Manager at Staybridge Suites London, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Ringwear B,

Thank you for commenting on your experience at the Staybridge Suites London. I'm so pleased to hear that you found your room so comfortable, and that you enjoyed your time with us! I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to London.

Romeo, Michigan
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel two years ago and was pleasantly surprised, so we were delighted when we stopped in on a whim and asked if they had a room for us and they did! King suite, non-smoking with a jacuzzi, breakfast included for $142 on a Saturday night? Heck, yeah! Just like before, the room was clean and spacious and well air conditioned. The front desk staff were attentive and helpful. Those were the pro's. The cons? An odor I can only compare to B.O. permeated the hallway between the lobby and our room throughout our stay. The breakfast was borderline inedible...watery scrambled eggs, sausage links made of some meat I couldn't identify...thank goodness for decent coffee and the tater tots. Overall, a less enjoyable stay than last time, but not the worst hotel experience I've ever had.

Room Tip: I've stayed on the ground floor twice now. Noise has not been a problem, but the odor I mentione...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Bridgingthegap25, General Manager at Staybridge Suites London, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Indiebob,

Thank you for sharing your review of the Staybridge Suites London. While I'm happy to hear that the positives of your previous stay brought you back to us and your suite was to your liking, I'm sorry that other aspects of your stay this time were less than satisfactory. Please be assured that, at the Staybridge, all aspects of our guests' comfort are of the highest priority, and I appreciate knowing when a detail or two has been missed.

Again, thank you for your comments. I hope you'll consider staying with us again the next time you visit London.