“Really worthwhile suite”

Staybridge Suites London
Ranked #16 of 41 Hotels in London
Reviewed 26 January 2010

We stayed at Staybridge Suites based on the reviews here at Trip Advisor. All we can say is thank you for such good advice! The room was huge, the bed was huge, the breakfast was perfect. They even let you have your coffee and tea in the breakfast room throughout the day which is a plus when your partner likes his coffee with cream, not powder. We didn't go to the pool but it looked inviting. Lots of people were using their free laundry service, don't blame them. Next time we will be staying in London, we now know who to book with.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank divineGypsy
Bridgingthegap25, Manager at Staybridge Suites London, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2010

Dear divineGypsy,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with others. It is our goal here at the Staybridge Suites-London to exceed all our guest's expectations and I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Hopefully you'll have an opportunity next time to take a dip in our indoor heated pool. It's the perfect way to relax after a hectic day of work or shopping!

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 23 January 2010

We had two 1 bedroom suites for 4 nights . The best "home away from home" atmosphere I've ever encountered at a hotel . Very nice to have the kitchen facilities which were well equipped. Was very impressed with the variety of food offered on the free breakfast buffet. A great way to start the day. Excellent location. Surprisingly quiet. Very comfortable beds. Some of our party also made use of the pool & exercise equipment & really enjoyed it.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family

Dear Fan51,

We're happy to hear that you found our hotel comfortable and were able to enjoy the many amenities that we have to offer from the fully equipped kitchenettes available in every suite to our heated indoor swimming pool.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to London.

Reviewed 28 November 2009

I wished there were many more of these places to stay in the U.S. Very comfortable, pleasant staff and affordable prices.

Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
Bridgingthegap25, Manager at Staybridge Suites London, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2010

Dear amielke75,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience in regards to your recent stay at the Staybridge Suites-London. It is our goal to exceed all our guest's expectations and I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to London!

Reviewed 20 September 2009

We decided to stay in London while driving back and forth to Stratford to catch a handful of plays. We think this hotel chain beats anything available in Stratford, so the hour drive is worth it. This Staybridge Suite is situated amongst a number of other hotel sites off the Exeter exit on 401 (so close that they seem to share parking lots). It's hard to give positives about this hotel in a manner different than the previous reviewers: as they said, the rooms were clean; the staff were polite, helpful, and attentive; the free breakfasts, the pool, and the exercise room were a nice touch; and even if there was a hoard of children and their parents staying overnight, we heard nary a sound (so either the soundproofing must be pretty good, or the staff isolated these families away from the other hotel guests). We were surprised that the TVs in the rooms lacked DVD players or even a VCR; there were also an absence of free premium channels. The mattresses were also amazingly, absurdly hard. We'll return to this hotel next time though, during the 2010 theatre season.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Bridgingthegap25, General Manager at Staybridge Suites London, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2009

Dear MariaReine,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your most recent stay here at the Staybridge Suites-London. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and are planning a return trip for the 2010 Stratford theater season.

As for the in-room DVD players, the more comments and requests we receive from our guests asking for these particular amenities, the better chance we have of having our Corporate office add them as part of the room decor....so thank you for your comments!!

I appreciate your comments as they allow us to make adjustments to our product and services to ensure our guests have a memorable stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Staybridge Suites-London....and you never know, we may have a DVD player for you!

Reviewed 18 September 2009

We travelled from Newfoundland to bring our son to UWO and this hotel was perfect for our stay. We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite for a night and then moved to a one bedroom suite and both were very clean and spacious. We enjoyed a workout in the gym while doing free laundry and took a swim in the pool. We also reserved the Movie room and watched a movie with surround sound. The hot and cold breakfast was a nice addition, and we were pleasantly surprised by the complimentary sundown reception 3 nights during the week, because we did not have to cook supper for those 3 nights. The hotel is within walking distance to the White Oaks Mall and many food establishments. The drive to UWO was about 20 minutes, however, very easy route to follow. I would definetly stay at this hotel every time i visit my son.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank valster99
Bridgingthegap25, General Manager at Staybridge Suites London, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2009

Dear valster99,

I'm delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay at the Staybridge Suites-London! It certainly sounds like you were able to take advantage of all the great amenities we have to offer...from the free guest laundry to the heated indoor swimming pool.

We hope to see you again on your next visit to London and best of luck to your son who is attending UWO!!! It is a fabulous University located within a beautiful city!

Reviewed 15 September 2009

we stayed at this hotel maybe 5 6 times this year and planed to stay last nite again, but when we went to check in the manager told us we were banned from hotel, stating we left room with wet on floors rugs and drapes the last time we stayed and said they were sorry they could not give us a room . when asked why did they not email us or call us about this situation if it was true . its unbeleivable my wife usually cleans the room to much before we leave i have to tell her leave something for house keeping to do .so we are really dumb founded over this it was out in left field we drove all they way home after that kinda wierded out with no other explanation we actually didnt know what else to do sinse this was the manager we were talking to and we asked her to explain it a little more she said thats all it says on her cmputer screen the house cleaning manager was the one who banned us lol im turning in our club card and talking my bussiness else where

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank hotelmogul
Reviewed 17 August 2009

This hotel exceeds its rating by offering clean and spacious rooms, good free breakfast and some amenities. If you are looking for a hotel that is close to the highway (not in downtown) and provides great rooms at reasonable rates - I'd say this is your best choice.

However, my problem with the hotel is the fact that I booked 2 rooms online through their own reservation system, and I got charged at the time of the reservation for each room. Then, when I arrived to the hotel, I got charged again, this time 150% of the room rate, twice (once for each room). So, for one night and 2 rooms, I got charged 2.5 times the promised rate. I spoke to the night receptionist (as I get paged every time my credit card gets charged over $100) and she asked that I speak with the morning receptionist. When I did so, she assured me that these are just "reserve" amounts that they place on my credit card "for incidentals".

Now, I checked with my card provider, and my card was indeed charged four times (twice for each room). Regardless, even if hotel catches the fact that I prepaid for the rooms already, and they refund the second charge immediately (not done yet, 2 days later), I question the logic where you have to prepay for your room to get a good rate, and then provide additional deposit of 150% percent on the room rate for "incidentals".

I spend at least 20-30 nights per year in different hotels, and most my card ever got charged for incidentals was 50% of the room rate, even at the 5 star hotels.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank dejantod
Bridgingthegap25, General Manager at Staybridge Suites London, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2009

Dear dejantod,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your most recent stay here at the Staybridge Suites-London. I'm pleased to hear that you were satisfied with the product we offer and found your accommodations to be spacious and clean.
Please accept my apologies for the confusion you experienced in regards to the extra charges on your credit card. It is certainly not our policy to charge a guest a second time when they have already pre-paid for their room. Our policy is to only pre-approve your credit card for potential incidental charges that may be incurred during your stay.
It is through comments such as yours that we are better able to serve our guests. Once again, please accept my sincerest apologies and we hope that you will consider us for your accommodation requirements on your next visit to London.