“Lunch”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We had lunch at The Malibu on Dundas St. in London, ON on Wednesday. We were very impressed as to how busy they were and the food was not only good but reasonably priced.
We will go back again.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Close to cheaper motels and smack in the heart of town, this restaurant is more like a diner in the US when considering service, food offerings, quality and cost. I'd recommend it if lining the stomach is one's main concern. Place is clean but flies can be a nuisance. Hope management is listening :)

Spouse and I ate breakfast here on Sept 1, 2013.

Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

My mom took me here for dinner back in July after our day trip to Statford. I ordered an apple sauce pork chop and my mother ordered a Meditaranian wrap. My pork chop was ginormous but it was overlooked and hard to chew, the baked potatoe it came with tasted peculiar, and the vegetables weren't steamed like the waitress said they would be... They were drenched in oil... My mother's food tasted a whole lot better than mine but it was still reay oily. The waitress was nice and the inside of the restaurant looks like a fast food place. At least the meals were cheap!

Reviewed 22 August 2013

We were seeking a good breakfast. The Malibu appeared busy, which seems to be a recommendation. However, we found appearances to be deceiving. It has a typical inexpensive diner atmosphere. Service was very slow, taking over 20 minutes to get an omelet and pancakes. Blueberry pancakes, instead of containing fresh blueberries, were plain pancakes with a large scoop of blueberry pie filling plopped on the side of the pancakes. Syrup was low quality and served cold in individually sealed containers. The cheese was missing from the omelet. The home fries were cut into huge and small chunks, and were not at all browned. They were so unappetizing that my colleague did not eat them at all. The pea meal bacon was also unappetizing, though I did taste it. The bottom of the check instructed us to pay our server. We waited for 15-20 minutes for her to return after we finished eating, and finally had to flag her down. She then informed us that they do not have the equipment for her to accept payment, and that we were to go the cash register ourselves. I cannot recommend this restaurant.

2  Thank Leigh8451
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Malibu is an odd little diner style restaurant. It really doesn't look like much from the outside, or when you enter for that matter. The decor is dated, with plastic seated booths and Formica like tables.
BUT the staff are friendly & welcoming and the food is quite surprisingly good.
The food is fresh and fast and they offer standard diner style food like burgers and chips as well as dinners like roast beef etc. They also offer all day breakfasts. What they specialize in however, are Greek meals.
Some favorites are:
Moussaka (fresh with wonderful Titziki!)
Eggs Florentine (with lovely fresh spinach!)
Souvlaki (cooked fresh with wonderful flavour!)