“Stay away”

Ranked #495 of 1,067 Restaurants in London
London, Ontario, Canada
“Stay away”
Reviewed 11 December 2012

Check out this restaurants health inspections, one of the worst records in the city. Last time I ate there, the chicken was raw. Most of the food tastes pretty good and is good value. The problem is the kitchen and prep is just not up to health standards.

Visited January 2012
2 Thank Dave P

London, Canada
“Little Diner, Big Heart”
Reviewed 3 December 2012

If you like homecooked, diner food at a great price, you will want to make a pit stop at Richie's Family Restaurant. This restaurant is located at a busy intersection of Fanshawe Road and Richmond Street - there are lots of eateries to choose from, including the "big box restaurants". What I enjoy about Richie's is that it is always packed with all kinds of people - families with really young children, the elderly, college students, businessmen - yet the owner greets everyone the same. Placemats come with 4 crayons and games on the back for the kids. The prices are amazing in this day and age and the portions are big! Free refills on coffee (can't even get that at McDonald's). Breakfast is served all day.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Cuppa C
Oakville, Canada
“Great Find”
Reviewed 11 November 2012

We were looking for a breakfast spot and came across this place. They had a good breakfast menu with big portions and good coffee. They were really busy but we had great service and never once had to ask to have our coffee refilled-it was always offered.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank willie421
Ontario
“Great for families.”
Reviewed 30 October 2012

We had lunch here a week ago and really enjoyed it. They offer all-day breakfast which is a great option too. My son (age 5) had chicken strips and fries and my daughter (age 7) had a hot dog and fries. Kids meals are around $7 and come with a drink, meal and dessert (choice of ice cream or jello). I ordered a club sandwich and hubby had a burger. Their fries are great, food was very good the only thing is my husband ordered a caesar salad and I ordered greek salad and oddly enough in the car ride home we both mentioned how we did not have any dressing on our salad - maybe it was just an oversight. Total for all 4 of us came in around $40 which was great :) Located close to Masonville Mall and the Outlets. Located right at the corner of Richmond and Fanshawe Park Road.

• Visited October 2012
London
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible”
Reviewed 14 September 2012

Usually I enjoy a simple, old-style diner that serves an all-day breakfast. Unfortunately, both the food and service are horrible. The eggs are often under-cooked. The potatoes lack any flavour and are almost raw. When I ordered the egg+pancake special, they served my eggs (over-easy) on top of the pancakes, which is a personal pet peeve of mine. The pancakes just soak up all the yolk. I prefer my pancakes to soak up syrup. They NEVER (not even on weekends) offer fresh fruit. I asked for fruit and the waitress offered my tomato slices. But I don't consider tomato slices to be a good breakfast fruit. The coffee is so-so.

I have eaten at Richie's a handful of times over the years, mainly because of its convenience as it is close to my home and offers the valuable "all-day breakfast". The prices are cheap, as they should be. But my last couple visits the service has been terrible. The waitresses were socializing or not paying attention and it takes forever to even get a menu or coffee to start.

Hopefully I can find another all-day breakfast, as I refuse to give any more money to Richie's.

• Visited September 2012