“Buffet is gone.”

Cuisines: Seafood
London, Canada
“Buffet is gone.”
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Last weekend I went back again for the buffet at the Commissioners Road location. A notice was posted at the door that "after careful consideration the weekend buffet has been discontinued". Management indicated in the notice that the floor plan was being changed to accommodate their new bakery.

Not to be buffetless on a Sunday, I opted to drive up to the Huron and Highbury location of this small chain, that still maintained a weekend buffet. Boy, was I dissappointed.

Many brunch buffets offer special order eggs and toast to augment the selection of the standard scrambled eggs. Not here. I was told that I could order them off the ala carte menu. And I had to wait while they replenished the scrambled eggs and bacon. The Eggs Benedict were overcooked and the ham was so thinly sliced it was almost see through. The lasagna was acceptable. The overall selection of items was poor

It is cheaper than the Commissioners location - $9.99 Sunday, $8.99 Saturday (although I could not figure out what if anything could be added to the Sunday menu to warrant the extra dollar).

This buffet is cheap by both definitions of the word - inexpensive and of poor quality.

I will not be back to this location.

• Visited July 2012

London
“Great breakfasts...wonderful service”
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Go here for a wonderful breakfast. The original address of 153 Wharncliffe Rd S in London is the best place for "all day breakfast". Fish and Chips and other seafood items are available for lunch or dinner but we go for the early riser.

• Visited May 2012
London
“very good”
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Archie's offers one the very best buffets/brunches i have ever had. Most things are done in front of you so that is an added bonus, where you can see it done and it is done exactly the way you want it. It is reasonably priced and always a hit.
I would go every week if I could.

• Visited April 2012
London, Canada
“Very good Sunday buffet”
Reviewed 30 November 2011

I have often eaten at the Archie's on Wellington until they stopped the all you can eat fish and chips on Monday nights. With friends, we were headed to another restaurant in the neigbourhood on Commissioners' Road when we decided to try their Sunday buffet.

They had all the regular breakfast items as well as a carvery with roast beef, potatoes and vegetables. There is also a dessert table. The price was reasonable, I think around $12 or $13 CDN.

• Visited November 2011