“Knotty Pine Restaurant, London Ontario, Canada”

The Knotty Pine Restaurant
Ranked #421 of 1,084 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$8 - US$12
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I visited this restaurant about 6 years ago, I returned to it last week. It still has the same ambience
great service, and attention to detail. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The food is great
especially the breakfast specials. It is very popular both with the local populus, and people visiting the London area. Highly recommended

2  Thank lipmaster
There are newer reviews for The Knotty Pine Restaurant

Reviewed 16 November 2013

The Knotty Pine has a homey feel despite the fact that it is located off the lobby in the Days Inn and is an open area. The wait staff contributed to that vibe in both style and attentiveness. It felt local instead of tourist. Our group was there for breakfast and everyone enjoyed their meals. The prices were very reasonable and easily the best value we had in London, a city we found to be very expensive.

I looked at the dinner menu but we didn't eat dinner so I have no comment on that. I will say this place screams breakfast - and it was quite good.

1  Thank oldpuck
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Excellent food, reasonably priced and very friendly staff.
Perfect location too. I recommend the eggs benedict - really tasty and cooked perfectly

Reviewed 18 June 2013

the food was not bad we liked the soup and the service was good, well organized but could work on making the food better

Reviewed 14 April 2013

The restaurant is attached to the Days Inn Hotel. When I told her that we were using a WagJag certificate she told us what it was good for, (but omitted what deserts we could choose.) There was a really small selection to choose from. When my partner was not interested in what was on the entrée menu she asked if she could get a sandwich instead. Although the sandwich she wanted was less expensive, they were very strict on that we could only order from the specified options. I opted for the pepper steak with mashed potatoes which I really enjoyed. The potatoes were barely warm, and the gravy was definitely different as it had a hint of some sort of cinnamon flavour. Vegetables were not fresh, and were definitely made from a bag of mixed frozen vegetables you would get at the grocery store. Karen had an 8 oz. steak which she really did not enjoy. It was not cooked incorrectly; just not a great cut of meat and lacked flavour. Her baked potato did not even come with sour cream. Deserts were your average family stuff you could make at home. We wanted pie, but found out the only options were rice pudding and Jello. The rice pudding was cheap and didn’t even have any raisins in it. Overall, the experience was kind of expensive for the quality of food which was only average even with our discounted coupon. Service was ok, and our server constantly had to refer to the menu. For example when I asked if they had anything on tap, rather than say no she just said everything we have is on the menu.