“Beyond Disappointed with Service”

Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport
Ranked #7 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I had an item misplaced from my room. At check out I brought it to the attention of the desk. I was given an apology and told they hope it turns up. I stood there not really knowing how to respond to the nonchalance of it.
I then asked for the GM's business card and that's when another employee came over to find out what was going on. I mentioned I was missing something from my room and was wondering if it had been turned in or found in with the sheets after my room was serviced. Housekeeping was called and the immediate response was that my DND sign was on my door and no one cleaned the room. Now I don't think someone intentionally took something from my room however when the immediate response is defense and lies, that raises a red flag. My DND sign was never on my door. In fact housekeeping came to my door at 9:30 and I asked her to come back. We left the room at 11am and by the time we were back to the room by 4:30pm the bed was made, garbage was cleaned, and towels were changed. I explained that to the front desk and they called housekeeping again and I received the same response, no one was in room. I'm confused why people feel the need to lie about entering my room and cleaning it when they did and it can very quickly be found out by having the locks read, which I requested and was told would happen.. But then again I was told the General Manager would be in touch with me the following day and I have yet to hear from anyone at all.
Beyond disappointed in how the housekeeping dealt with the issue and how management clearly didn't care either.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank ctraveller7
Milani P, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Ctraveller7,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review in regards to your stay. Only through feedback good and bad can we ever know how our guests are enjoying their stay.

I truly apologize for your recent stay not being up to our regular standards. Our housekeeping manager, Carmen Arend, will be in touch with you soon.

I truly hope that this one incident does not spoil your view of Hilton Garden Inn. I hope that you will use our hotel for your travels, and I look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Kindest Regards,

Milani Patel
Guest Services Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,048)

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Stayed for one (1) night. Arrived after midnight at Pearson Airport and waited for 40 minutes for shuttle bus (I also called hotel to see when bus would arrive and answer was shortly 15 and 45 past the hour at T3 post C22). Other hotel shuttle busses came by multiple times, while I was waiting. In the end I choose other transportation.
I received a room that had a great walk-in shower, but the room AC did not work at all (no power on controller) and I requested to be given another room with working AC. The new room had a bathtub and the bathroom was not clean (hair in tub and on walls and smudges on floor). Room was very large though and sound proof.
Shuttle bus back to airport again was 15 minutes later than advised by front desk.
Although I am a fan of the Hilton chain, I would not stay again at this particular hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Traveler009
Milani P, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input on our shuttle service and guestroom appointment and we are so sorry for the issues you encountered with both. We will use your comments as we continue to evolve our guests' experience through additional offerings and ongoing trainings.

We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.

Thank you.
Regards,

Milani Patel
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Hilton Garden Inn Downtown Toronto was a very comfortable place to stay. Hotel pool and hot tub were clean and well cared for. Room was very well maintained; no odours; nice linens; thick towels; HVAC was in good operational condition. Although we were close to the airport, there was no noise to disturb us during the night. We arrived in the afternoon and quit immediately to visit Toronto and came back late at night just to swim and go to bed. The staff in the afternoon was friendly.
Our room overlooked a limo service parking lot/staging lot. There's really no where to walk to at this location but since we were not there during the day, we didn't care that much about the view.
The staff in the morning was not quite so helpful as we had a bit of trouble with an over charged of 20.33 $ at the check out for movies that we never ordered. Nobody tried to reach us as promise to settle the issue and nobody answered to our phone call to the number that was given to us.
Since our credit card has been misused, we would pick a different spot next time.
Stayed 29 and 30 of June 2014, grand-parents travelling with grand-son.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank grandpapapatou
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Clean comfortable and efficient and very good value for money at $90 . Regular 24 hours a day bus to terminal worked well , running to time and direct to the terminals. Didn't eat so can't comment on food.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night before am early morning flight. Had an issue, but staff was very quick to resolve it. Definitely would stay again. Little pricey though. Attached restaurant is fair, but only place without a car.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Loved the hotel, very clean and lovely. Great shuttle service to airport. All was good. Very clean room, nice bathroom and NO airport noise considering we were so close to it. Did not eat in restaurant but it looked good.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for a competition for 4 nights. It was a beautiful hotel with amazing staff. Simon in the loung made us feel like we where sitting in our own living room. He was sooooo friendly and helpful. And made us smile and laugh each time we where there. The FD staff made us feel so at home and the night audit staff where very helpful! Will definitely come back to this hotel if ever in the area again!
Thanks Everyone