I had an item misplaced from my room. At check out I brought it to the attention of the desk. I was given an apology and told they hope it turns up. I stood there not really knowing how to respond to the nonchalance of it.
I then asked for the GM's business card and that's when another employee came over to find out what was going on. I mentioned I was missing something from my room and was wondering if it had been turned in or found in with the sheets after my room was serviced. Housekeeping was called and the immediate response was that my DND sign was on my door and no one cleaned the room. Now I don't think someone intentionally took something from my room however when the immediate response is defense and lies, that raises a red flag. My DND sign was never on my door. In fact housekeeping came to my door at 9:30 and I asked her to come back. We left the room at 11am and by the time we were back to the room by 4:30pm the bed was made, garbage was cleaned, and towels were changed. I explained that to the front desk and they called housekeeping again and I received the same response, no one was in room. I'm confused why people feel the need to lie about entering my room and cleaning it when they did and it can very quickly be found out by having the locks read, which I requested and was told would happen.. But then again I was told the General Manager would be in touch with me the following day and I have yet to hear from anyone at all.
Beyond disappointed in how the housekeeping dealt with the issue and how management clearly didn't care either.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport is built "green" from the ground up, and the first new build hotel in Canada to be accredited with LEED certification. The hotel is located just minutes from Pearson International Airport, major corporate offices, and Toronto's largest convention centres, including the International Centre, Toronto Congress Centre and Mississauga Convention Centre. Restaurants, shopping, major attractions and sporting facilities are just a short drive from the Hilton Garden Inn, including Vaughan Mills Shopping Centre, Woodbine Slots and Racetrack, the Hershey Centre and the Powerade Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport Hotel Mississauga
- Hilton Garden Inn Mississauga