Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
1,111 results
All reviewsunderground parkingtoronto airportgreat hotelbreakfast buffetshuttle serviceunder renovationan early morning flightclean hotelfront desk staffwould stay againbusiness tripfree shuttlepark and flystayed one nighthgipantrypearson
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I chose this hotel based on the on-line reviews I read and I wasn't disappointed. The suite was bright and clean. There were no noise issues during my stay. The Fitness facility is a bit small but the machines are well looked after. The dinner menu was somewhat limited but the breakfast options were good. It's located near the airport so you really do need your own transportation.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We had business meetings over several days in the hotel and overall the service levels were high and the staff was friendly. The location is close to the airport and close to many of the access highways as well. The restaurant food in the hotel was a bit of a surprise, we ate their over several days and the food was of pretty good quality. I would recommend it as a business hotel for anyone looking for a place close to the airport with decent food.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Robert G
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Despite my 3 star rating I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. It's close to the airport, the room is spacious, clean and the wifi is free and fast enough. What didn't I like? Breakfast was not good (or included) and you have to pay for parking. At a hotel in this class parking is usually free. The shuttle is convenient, shows up at the hotel at 15 and 45 minutes past the hour.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Shen_Jackson
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I was here for about 6 hours on an overnight layover. The shuttle is every 30 minutes, 24 hours a day.
Check-in was fast. My room was everything I'd expected, on the 15th floor, looking out at the neon sign for the Fairfield suites next door. I left again at 5:00am so I can't say I experienced the breakfast or gym.
I got my room on hotwire for $70 all incl. Great deal.
Only down side is that the shuttle is shared between 4 hotels meaning that you don't get a direct shuttle from the airport. When I went from T1 the shuttle stopped at 3 other hotels first. In the morning to go back to T1 it stopped at T3 first and then T1.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Scott W
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I have been traveling heavily for business for over 20 years. This property is in the top 5 of any properties that I have stayed at for repeated business. While no HGI aspires to compete with Fairmont or St Regis, the quality and comfort of stay, and convenience to YYZ is unparalleled. The responsiveness that Paul Couto - the GM - provides, as well as the first rate staff in every aspect of the operation, makes this a go-to place for me. I despise the Hhonors program yet I will make Diamond in little more than 3 months this year solely due to this property.

The reasons are many, but I will name a few...it's in the "infield" area of the airport; many of the airport hotels are at the end of the runway. Can't imagine what that's like. It's well constructed with beefy walls and doors. The only noise I've ever heard is when I was assigned an adjoining room. Decent workout facility (for an HGI, just wish it was 24h vs 5-10). A guest laundry (again wish 24 v 6-10 but workable). Nice pool/jacuzzi. Two levels of garage parking which I'm sure will come in handy when the "gales of November come early". All tied together vertically via elevator so I'm not walking all over the place to get to.

More - beds are very comfortable (hint - the firmness is adjustable with a little dial switch hidden under each side of the mattress right at the head. You have to remove the mattress pad to access. Well worth the effort - not sure how it works but it does). Decent selection of TV channels, even for an American. Full breakfast buffet with made to order omelets and wonderful food selection (this is what won me over from the Fairfield next door). No immersion lighting on the front of the building. Can barely ever hear airplane noise. Nice suite upgrades. Clean, modern. Room service for dinner with a decent menu and a good selection of wines. And a great late night bar service with Simon as your host. Friendly, outgoing, good selection of scotch and beer.

Regular shuttle service every 30 minutes from the airport; highly recommend pre-orienting yourself to both the airport and shuttle locations for pickup. I arrived at 2 am the first time and was waiting at the wrong level. It is actually reasonably walkable if you only have rollaboards, but I don't recommend it as the walk lacks sidewalks and the drivers in the area seem pretty aggressive.

In order to make sure there's believability here, the only issue I have with this hotel is that in order to get its LEED and other green certifications, the HVAC system does not allow for an override to keep the fan going at all times. I like the constant white noise of the fan. But this is not enough to sway my opinion of the hotel!

Room Tip: Higher floors seem better. Rooms that don't view directly at the Fairfield to avoid their immersion lights. 01 and 02 rooms are next to and across from ice maker.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business