This hotel was beautiful! My boyfriend and I arrived about 20 minutes before the check in time and only waited about 5 minutes for our room to be ready. The elevators were extremely fast which made me happy because I hate waiting for elevators. When we arrived to our room we were in aw. We stayed in the whirlpool suite for 1 night and it was honestly so nice that I wanted to stay a lot longer. We checked out the fitness room - it was nice and I liked that the treadmills had TVs on them. We also went swimming - the water was perfect and the hot tub was so relaxing. The whirlpool in our room was incredible to say the least; the only thing I didn't like about it was that the water level slowly sank so we had to turn the water on once in awhile. We ordered a bunch of food from room service. Everything was delicious (8/10) and it came quickly. (They said 30 minutes and it came within 15-20 minutes). I found that the food wasn't very hot but it was still good and we could've just microwaved it if it was a problem to us. The microwave was a little small and it kind of sucked but it did the job so I can't complain. Our room had more than enough towels unlike other places that I've stayed. There are towels in the pool area too so you don't need to bring one from your room. I liked that the bed had things on either side to adjust the softness/hardness of the mattress. The blow dryer actually dried my hair fairly quickly unlike other ones I've used elsewhere. I liked that we could adjust the temperature in the room. I also enjoyed the view from our windows.
My advice to you if you're looking to stay at this hotel:
- Ask the front desk for extra coffees, teas, cream, milk, and sugars. There was 3 decaffeinated coffees, 1 tea, and about 4 or 5 packages with 1 napkin, 1 stir stick, 1 sugar, and 1 sweetener per package. I take 3 sugars so it definitely wasn't enough. We also didn't have any cream or milk in our room so I had to ask for it (they gave me a ton so I was very happy) I didn't notice that there wasn't any until I made a coffee so keep this in mind.
- Check out the food room beside the front desk before ordering room service - it's much cheaper but the room service food is way better. Buy a pop from that room instead of getting one from room service (I got a pretty small glass with a lot of ice and pop. I didn't get a straw either) Also, that room has a wall full of coupons. I took some for Bluenotes, Yuk Yuks, A free boat tour in Toronto, and more.
- The TV has an HDMI plug in so if you bring your laptop I suggest bringing an HDMI cord as well so you can watch movies and what not (we did and enjoyed watching a few movies before we went to sleep)
- Bring your own shampoos, conditioner, body wash, etc. I didn't really like the smell of any of it. (it was Neutrogena and Bath & Body Works stuff)
- Make sure you get the breakfast! It was amazing!
- Bring tip money! We didn't bring a whole lot of change with us and I didn't even think that we would need to tip anybody. We tipped the room service girl and we tipped the waitress at breakfast.
I will definitely be staying here again!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport West/Mississauga reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport West/Mississauga Hotel Mississauga