“cleanliness and service”

Ranked #2 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
North Bay On, Canada
“cleanliness and service”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

This hotel is very clean which is a priority for me. The pool and hot tub were the cleanest I have seen in a public area. Service was excellent, the staff are very friendly but still very professional. Will definitely go back to this hotel and also to others in Hilton chain.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends

1 Thank Sharon O
DOS2, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport West/Mississauga, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Thank you for your great review, we look forward to having you stay again some day soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Korean first
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed 28 October 2013

This hotel was beautiful! My boyfriend and I arrived about 20 minutes before the check in time and only waited about 5 minutes for our room to be ready. The elevators were extremely fast which made me happy because I hate waiting for elevators. When we arrived to our room we were in aw. We stayed in the whirlpool suite for 1 night and it was honestly so nice that I wanted to stay a lot longer. We checked out the fitness room - it was nice and I liked that the treadmills had TVs on them. We also went swimming - the water was perfect and the hot tub was so relaxing. The whirlpool in our room was incredible to say the least; the only thing I didn't like about it was that the water level slowly sank so we had to turn the water on once in awhile. We ordered a bunch of food from room service. Everything was delicious (8/10) and it came quickly. (They said 30 minutes and it came within 15-20 minutes). I found that the food wasn't very hot but it was still good and we could've just microwaved it if it was a problem to us. The microwave was a little small and it kind of sucked but it did the job so I can't complain. Our room had more than enough towels unlike other places that I've stayed. There are towels in the pool area too so you don't need to bring one from your room. I liked that the bed had things on either side to adjust the softness/hardness of the mattress. The blow dryer actually dried my hair fairly quickly unlike other ones I've used elsewhere. I liked that we could adjust the temperature in the room. I also enjoyed the view from our windows.

My advice to you if you're looking to stay at this hotel:
- Ask the front desk for extra coffees, teas, cream, milk, and sugars. There was 3 decaffeinated coffees, 1 tea, and about 4 or 5 packages with 1 napkin, 1 stir stick, 1 sugar, and 1 sweetener per package. I take 3 sugars so it definitely wasn't enough. We also didn't have any cream or milk in our room so I had to ask for it (they gave me a ton so I was very happy) I didn't notice that there wasn't any until I made a coffee so keep this in mind.
- Check out the food room beside the front desk before ordering room service - it's much cheaper but the room service food is way better. Buy a pop from that room instead of getting one from room service (I got a pretty small glass with a lot of ice and pop. I didn't get a straw either) Also, that room has a wall full of coupons. I took some for Bluenotes, Yuk Yuks, A free boat tour in Toronto, and more.
- The TV has an HDMI plug in so if you bring your laptop I suggest bringing an HDMI cord as well so you can watch movies and what not (we did and enjoyed watching a few movies before we went to sleep)
- Bring your own shampoos, conditioner, body wash, etc. I didn't really like the smell of any of it. (it was Neutrogena and Bath & Body Works stuff)
- Make sure you get the breakfast! It was amazing!
- Bring tip money! We didn't bring a whole lot of change with us and I didn't even think that we would need to tip anybody. We tipped the room service girl and we tipped the waitress at breakfast.

I will definitely be staying here again!

2 Thank Courtney T
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We stayed here for two nights in two rooms, because the downtown Toronto hotels were very pricy.(almost as expensive as New York!, ok, almost)
It takes about a 30 minutes drive to downtown.
The hotel is good: nice room, clean, great bed, with the possibility to adjust the firmness of your matress on an individual basis!
Pool and fitness are small but adequate. Breakfast ($ 12,- ,not included) excellent choise, with ommelette station.
Free wifi, free parking, close to nice shopping mall (square one)

So...all in all...excellent choice if you have a car and don't want to pay the high hotel prices of Toronto.
We paid about $90,- per room per night, booked directly thrue Hilton.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank NobRotterdam
DOS2, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport West/Mississauga, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Thank you for your review, we are happy that we were a good alternative for downtown hotels and that you enjoyed your stay!
Picton, Canada
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We attended a wedding and reception here and stayed overnight. Good decision! Very quick and easy to find from Highway 401. Located in an industrial park-type area so not superb outside environment but nice inside. Great bed, decent breakfast - wish I'd brought my bathing suit and workout gear to use the gym & pool!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I had a terrible experience with this hotel. The front desk had a terrible attitude, the heating/air conditioning did not work and I had major issues with price accuracy. They held double than what they were supposed to on my VISA and decided that it was unnecessary to explain to me they were taking an extra $25 for a holding fee. I would NEVER recommend that anyone stay at this hotel, in fact go ANYWHERE BUT HERE.

2 Thank Alysha S
Alysha we appologize for your experience with the payment at our hotel, this is certainly not the norm. We will use your feedback to improve our process. If your room had heating issues we would have been happy to switch your room immediately.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 24 October 2013

The hotel is beautiful! The Staff absolutely amazing. I attended my friend's wedding and had a great time. Unfortunately, when it came to bedtime, I was completely disappointed with the quality of the mattress/bed. Barely slept a wink as the mattress felt like I was sleeping on plywood. I would seriously recommend investing in better mattresses just as you have invested so much in the cosmetic appearance.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

Peterborough, Canada
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I stay at this hotel a few times a year before I fly out. I love the airport shuttle service at just about any time I have asked for. Rooms are always neat and clean, as well as the pool and hot tub area.

As a special treat when I just stayed there (October 21 2013) there was a Keurig machine in the room. That was a really nice treat!

Would recommend anyone staying here. It is also nice and quiet.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for being a repeat customer, we look forward to welcoming you back!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mississauga
Etobicoke
Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport West/Mississauga? Share your experiences!