“Very nice hotel.”

Ranked #40 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Toronto Canada
“Very nice hotel.”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I am glad I booked this hotel for a park-n-fly package. It seems to be one of very few hotels in the area of Toronto Airport that do a fairly priced park-n-fly package. Very efficient check in experience. For the park-n-fly rate, you can park anywhere in their hotel parking lot - not like some I've stayed in where they force you to park in the back lot if you're flying out.
The room is a very good size for the price. King bed is very comfortable. You can hear a bit of noise from airplanes flying overhead, but after a few minutes you don't hear it anymore.
The hotel could use a bit of upkeep. You can tell in this room they've had some issues with the ceiling. I can see over 30 patches - where they've had to scrape off the popcorn ceiling to do something, then used the spray on popcorn to try to make it look the same.. (needless to say it didn't work too well).
The bathroom is very efficient as well. Housekeeping needs to do a better job of informing maintenance staff of things that need a quick fix (ie the screw that was about 1" out of the tap assembly.) It would have been impossible for them to miss if they had wiped down the shower tap.
The pool... unless it's very hot outside, don't waste your time - I got 2 steps in, and got right back out.. I would recommend they invest in a good pool heater - this outdoor pool NEEDS IT! I'm not sure if I got frostbite on my legs and feet from it :)

I know it sounds like I'm complaining a lot, and I don't mean to - the room is very nice, the staff very friendly and efficient.. it's a very nice hotel, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it, or stay here again when flying out of Pearson.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Sarfraz K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Mississauga Toronto West, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us, we value your comments. We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations. I am sorry for the inconvenience our outdoor pool may have caused you. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Danville, California, United States
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed here for two nights. We picked this location as it was close to the home of my wife's sister house. It's about 20 miles from Toronto, that is where all the attractions are. The staff at the front desk greeted us with smiles, courtesy and respect. Very accommodating and helpful staff.

Stayed June 2014
Sarfraz K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Mississauga Toronto West, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to complete a survey regarding your recent stay with us. On behalf of our entire staff here at the Holiday Inn Hotel Mississauga Toronto West I would like to thank you for your business and I hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel June 12 and 13, 2014. My room was very nice and had a small fridge and microwave. Air conditioning worked. The staff overall were very courteous and helpful. Breakfast buffet was plentiful and coffee was served fresh. The small lounge was suitable for light eating and service was good, although slow. Would gladly stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Sarfraz K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Mississauga Toronto West, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your encouraging review of our hotel. It gives our entire team great pleasure to read these positive comments and encourages us to constantly strive harder in our endeavour to consistently exceed our guests expectations. We look forward to welcome you back at the Holiday Inn Mississauga Toronto West.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I have been fortunate to find a hotel that I can book regularly on short notice and receive amazing customer service. Not only from those at the front desk, but even from the housekeeping. This is now my 4th stay here in the last 1 month and I am eager to keep coming back.
Let me share with you one very key highlight of my experience with this location.

During my last stay, I accidentally forgot my black sweater, and had already checked out and was downtown Toronto. I called back into the hotel and spoke to Tariq, who immediately got someone from housekeeping to check for the sweater, found it, and placed for safekeeping for my return. I arrived today and not only was given the sweater, but when the initial room was not working with my cell phone (no connection), Tariq moved me to suite 415 (at no additional cost). I cannot tell you enough how much I appreciate Tariq and I hope the hotel recognizes his good efforts.

Room Tip: Suite 415 has a nice view, good sun and is fully equipped with microwave and refrigerator
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joy C
Sarfraz K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Mississauga Toronto West, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Joy,

Sincerely

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The hotel is a older and could use a bit of a facelift. Rooms are clean though there was a bug on the bathroom floor. Bed was comfortable. Staff is friendly. Not much of a fitness room. Complimentary coffee in the lobby would be an added value if made available especially in the morning. Bistro only opens at 6:30 a.m which is a little late for some business travellers. Perhaps opening at 06:00 might be better. Overall it's decent but some small adjustments could make it better.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Sarfraz K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Mississauga Toronto West, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us, we value your comments. We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations. I am sorry for the inconvenience our restaurant may have caused you. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We booked 2 rooms for 6 people. Each room had a king size bed only, and they wanted us to sleep 3 people in each king size bed. Asking for other rooms, the receptionist (who seemed not to care at all) said the hotel was full. I accepted, but asked if I can get extra blankets. With a smile he said he was going to bring it up to the room, but never did and I had to sleep on the floor with no blanket.
Bad service!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Zain H
HIMississauga, General Manager at Holiday Inn Mississauga Toronto West, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear Zain Haidert,
Thank you for your review regarding your stay with us. I am very disappointed to hear that we left you with a less than memorable hotel experience. I assure you that this is not the typical service that we give to our guest as we always strive to provide an exceptional and rewarding stay. Please accept our sincerest apologies if you didn't find our hotel to your liking. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed and will be taken into consideration for future upgrades. We do hope that you will still give us another chance of serving you and allow us to redeem your faith in our services. Please contact with me directly so I can get more details, my email address is whg4202hm@whg.com Sincerely, Sarfraz Khan Hotel Manager
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I stayed here on a business trip with some co-workers. When we checked in, the front desk clerk pointed out to me that my co-worker had reserved a corporate rate that was quite a bit less than my rate. She asked if we worked for the same company and changed my rate. I would never had known if she had not brought it to my attention! I would come back just because of the service. All of the staff was friendly, the rooms were clean and the breakfast was great.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Bruce M
Sarfraz K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Mississauga Toronto West, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear Bruce,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your valued feedback. It gives us great pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcome you back.