“Very good quiet place to relax”

Quality Inn & Suites Mississauga
Ranked #30 of 61 Hotels in Mississauga
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We stayed at this place for 2 days. This place is nice and quiet. Beds were comfortable. The morning breakfast was good. We liked this place. The front desk was courteous. They offered water bottles as soon as we arrived.

Only thing is a very faint smell of heater in winter which either goes away or you get used to.

Overall - nice place, close to restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank metalink

Reviewed 26 December 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice, once in the Summer of 2009, and again in the Spring of 2013. The time apart from the 2 times I stayed says it all....they are steady and stable with their great service.
The staff is friendly, approachable and professional. They will help you no matter what and are not phony fake smiley people, they seem to genuinely like working there. The second time I went I had to catch a flight so I left my car there and it was safe and sound when I came back. All my questions were answered, and even over the PHONE they were so nice! It's very annoying to call long distance and to arrange things but they were very helpful. They arranged shuttle busses in no time so we didn't have to wait very long.
The only thing I would suggest for travelers is to make sure to check your map, because it's kind of hard to find the first time.
The atmosphere was great, it was never loud, the temperature perfect, and as soon as you walk in it feels like a very posh place. In other Holiday Inns I have never felt that.
The room was CLEAN AS HECK. Like spotless. It smelled wonderful, like clean sheets and soap. The sheets were SO SOFT, I slept like a baby. Nothing was missing, there was no need to call for extra help.
The breakfast is pretty good, a good assortment of things for every taste. It was never crowded so we found a place to eat quickly. Again, I noticed the cleanliness. I am a clean freak, so I can be picky sometimes, but I gotta tell ya, this place takes the cake.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Eliza_waka_87
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Stayed here after horrible experience at comfort inn, Brampton (and not just because of renovations). Tripadvisor needs to check the reviews for that site because all the reviews saying it is a good place are written by people with only one review--seems to me like they have been faked to make the place seem better than it is. Anyway, Holiday Inn Express was a great value with very nice rooms and satisfactory breakfast buffet. Location worked well for going back and forth to Powerade Centre in Brampton.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Libera777
Reviewed 25 November 2013

This is a very well run Holiday Inn Express. Pleasant people at check in. Very nice, clean rooms, comfortable beds and efficient shuttle service. What more could you ask for in an airport hotel. Price was reasonable, too.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lmurchu
Reviewed 21 November 2013

We frequently stay at HI Expresses and I was lulled into a sense of security when booking them - I anticipated a decently maintained property. We booked this hotel for one night, while we were on transit home from a longer trip. And I did not bother to do extensive research.

We arrived after midnight (with two small children) and had we not been so exhausted we would never have stayed. First, check-in took a while as the guest ahead of me was paying cash for his room. Which caused me some concern.

The hotel had a slightly unpleasant odor that permeated both the room and the common area.

The room itself was dated, with scruffy furniture (not the beds) and the bathroom had a very stained tub, with peeling anti-slip stickers. We were on the ground floor, so had patio doors (with a bar for security - which both provided reassurance, and didn't). It was grim.

Exhausted, we stumbled into bed - but I felt apprehensive, as it didn't give a family-friendly vibe.

The next morning my six year old daughter and I walked to breakfast and passed a condom wrapper on the floor in the hallway. It was still there fifteen minutes later when we went back to the room, despite two members of the housekeeping staff working in the hallway.

I sent feedback to IHG upon my return - and received a generic 'we'll get in touch with you within 48 hours' auto reply. Which they didn't. But I did hear from them within four days, with a fairly generic letter stating they would share my comments with the GM, as they were confident everyone wanted to provide a great experience for the guest.

I can honestly say that this hotel has shaken my confidence in the brand, and I will be more careful when booking in the future. It really is not of an equal calibre of other HI Expresses that I have visited.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank seeker_of_fun
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Mississauga, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

Dear seeker_of_fun,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. We highly value opinions from guests like you as it assists us in our never ending task to better ourselves.

We sincerely apologize for we fell below your expectations on most of our amenities particularly with the room condition. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We deeply regret the poor experience and service issues you have encountered.

Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We value you as a guest and we hope this incident will not deter you from giving us another opportunity in the future. We value your custom and as always we remain at your disposal.

Dhan M

Reviewed 9 November 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights over the Labor day weekend for a family wedding. Hotel was clean and staff was very accommodating. We did not have hot water for about half a day and they reimbursed us portion of our daily rate. Sitting area was a bit small for a large family but we were able to manage. There was ample parking and lots of food options within a few minutes drive.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Mississauga, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear Hasan R,

Thank you for staying with us. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Jaime W

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Holiday Inn Express, 5585 Ambler Dr., Mississauga, ON, Canada.
Prepaid for three nights (14 – 16 September, 2013). It was close to the airport and offered free breakfast. Checked in and took a ground floor room which was convenient to offload the luggage. A couple of units away the patio door was open where two “ladies” were awakening. We thought this doesn't look promising so we asked for another room on the second floor. Moved all our luggage in and left to get some lunch. At the front parking lot we watched as more 'ladies” and their keepers appeared – again on ground floor units. That was it – we checked out and found a better place. We managed to get one night's refund within a week but it took another 4 weeks to get the other two nights refund. An email to the Holiday Inn Express umbrella organization, InterContiental Hotels Group, resulted in an automated acknowledgement but nothing else. We did receive an email apology from the Guest Services Manager at the Holiday Inn Express. But still you would have to have your eyes closed to not see what was (is) going on at this Holiday Inn Express. Goes to show what some organizations will do to make a buck. Will do more research before booking!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Clark52
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Mississauga, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Dear Clark52,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the other guests of the hotel prevented you from fully enjoying your visit. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J