“Mediocrity: Booked it on Price”

Holiday Inn Toronto / Mississauga
Ranked #47 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We needed a place to stay and not spend too much, We basically got what we paid for not any thing more. Initially my room on the 6th floor for IHG members smelled of smoke and the front desk quickly checked it out and gave me another room. One small disappointment was that usually on the 6th floor there is a continental breakfast, however only during the week and not on weekends. We were not told that until the next morning. The Hampton Inn next door was $25 dollars more and we spent more on that on breakfast and realized the false economy with this Holiday Inn's value proposition.

Room Tip: Quickly check your room and get back to the front desk if it is not clean or smells funky. .
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
HolidayInnGSM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto / Mississauga, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review. We appreciate your feedback and will take your comments into account when discussing areas in which we might improve.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Toronto / Mississauga

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Stayed here 4 nights for business. The room lay-out was bad. A little sitting area immediatly upon entering the room, bath in the middle, and bed at the back. Air conditioner was in the bedroom, and so I spent every moment of my stay in the 100 sq.ft. bedroom. The free internet signal in my room, 405, was very weak and the shower was dated and had little water pressure. The pool was cloudy and had little black flakes of something floating in it. The sauna was a suprise, but I would have preferred a hot-tub. The bar area was tiny as was the menu variety. I enjoyed the hot/cold breakfast, and all the staff I met were very pleasant and courteous. Overall, for the price paid, I expected a little more.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
HolidayInnGSM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto / Mississauga, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We will take your comments into consideration. Unfortunately there is not much we can do about the layout of the rooms. Many of our guests like the way they are arranged. We are working on updating our wireless internet system to accommodate our large number of guests and devices. Thank you for your kind words regarding the staff as they all work hard to provide a welcoming environment.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

THE WORST HOTEL I HAVE EVER STAYED AT.

It was my first time staying at Holiday Inn. I usually stay in Hilton. Right when we entered the room we realized that there was a really bad smell in the room and the the beds had yellow spots on them and they were wet. The bottom of our feet turned black and very dirty when we walked on the the carpet. The room was very dirty. There wasn't any toilet paper in the washroom. The toilet had a really long piece of waste in it. In the drawer , there was wet sheets in there. When I was sleeping, I had the "Stay Relaxed" sign on the door and a lady custodian entered the room when I was sleeping.

THOUGHTS ABOUT THE HOTEL?
GOOD- nothing
BAD - EVERYTHING

DONT RECOMMEND AT ALL.

1  Thank Strong M

I am very sorry to hear that you had an unsatisfactory experience at our facility. We try very hard to offer a welcoming and comforting environment. We will review your comments with staff and address these concerns.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Stayed for one night on a saturday. Check in started on the wrong foot because my room was not ready and it was 3 pm, which is check in time, and I was informed that it would be another 30 to 45 minutes. Since this was a problem for us because we had to leave for en event downtown, I insisted until another clerck appeared and solved the problem in two minutes. I think the person serving me in the beginning was simply not informed of the procedure and therefore I dot not blame her. Also, I had asked for a folding cot bed when making the reservation, but they apparently had no note to that effect and I was told they would try to find me one. They eventually did. The room was on the second floor. Carpets were clean. Room smelled fresh. Bathroom was a little in need of a wallpaper job but ok. Bathtub did not drain very well. The double beds were comfortable and the linen clean. I did not get to try either the pool or the breakfast. So overall, good quality for the price, but 25 minutes form downtown when there is no traffic... and there was lots of traffic and construction on that saturday night, so it ended up taking 45 to 50 minutes.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
HolidayInnGSM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto / Mississauga, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review. We value and appreciate your feedback. I am sorry to hear about the delay experienced when checking in. I will be sure to review this with our team. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your room and your stay. Thank you again and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for the 2014 Caribana Festival in Toronto. My husband booked this room based on the price which was a good price compared to what the other hotels in the area were asking and when I read the reviews most of the comments were that the hotel was outdated. That was true, but what I was pleased about was the fact of how clean my room was. Also the hotel manager, John was so helpful and kind that it made up for a lot. Any questions we had as far as how to get around to where to eat he had the answer. The first morning we ate in the hotel, to our regret, there wasn't much of a selection in the buffet, I thought for the price there should have been more and the food was just okay, So there you go those are the only complaints I had. There was no noise, we had a two room suite, which we didn't know we were getting and the hotel staff was very courteous and helpful. We would probably pick something a little closer to the downtown Toronto area next time. If you don't have a problem with staying in an old hotel as long as it's clean, and looking for great customer service this is your place.

Room Tip: Great breakfast spot is Eggsmart just down the road.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pattydoro

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review. We appreciate your feedback. I am glad to hear that your experience with John and the staff was to your satisfaction. We try very hard to make our guests feel welcomed and comfortable. We will take your suggestions into consideration and certainly hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I had reservations and walked into hotel at 2PM. Fiona the clerk rudely told me no rooms ready come back at 3, I came back at 3 and had to deal with Fiona again. I said I had reservations and was going to say my name when again she rudely said the room was not ready and to go wait in the lobby. How could she know if my room was not ready when she did not get my name and check my reservation! We sat in the lobby and in 10 minutes I saw three people check in and get their keys. So I got in line again and made sure to get another clerk and was checked in and given a key. This clerk was much nicer than Fiona.The Hotel web site said breakfast was included in the executive lounge but we where told not on weekends,which was not mentioned on the website.The room was nice and staff friendly except for Fiona.

2  Thank Tanjatravelor
HolidayInnGSM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto / Mississauga, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear about your experience with our front desk agent. I will review your concerns with her. I can assure you that we do our best to accommodate all guests who request an early check-in but unfortunately it is not always available due to specific room type availability. Some guests may have been checked into different room types that were available when yours was not.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Booked room on "Executive" floor - room was small and furnishings were worn. The Executive Lounge itself was unstocked and abandoned. Many TV stations were blacked out or something, no signal message. Bathroom was small, tub hardware was tarnished. Room was cold in bedroom and stale in sitting area. Wifi was slow and inconsistent.Did not enjoy my stay, will not be back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank DUPS14x

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. I am sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations. We will take your feedback into consideration.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mississauga
Hampton Inn Toronto - Mississauga West
Admiral Inn & Suites
Admiral Inn & Suites
#9 of 60 in Mississauga
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Mississauga
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oakville, ON
Fairfield Inn Toronto Oakville
Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Oakville

Been to Holiday Inn Toronto / Mississauga? Share your experiences!