“Nice hotel... one silly issue.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Novotel Toronto Mississauga Center

Novotel Toronto Mississauga Center
Ranked #28 of 62 Hotels in Mississauga
Mississauga
“Nice hotel... one silly issue.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2011

A friend and I stayed at this hotel for a fun girls weekend. It's a great location because it's right across the street from Square One shopping centre and tons of restaurants. It's a great spot.

The hotel itself is bright and looks newly renovated. It has an inviting lobby with couches, plush chairs and complimentary internet service for guests. The room we stayed in was a renovated room. Apparently reno's have been done in some of the rooms but not all floors. So when I booked our stay I requested a renovated room specifically, and we got one. The renovated room was quite nice, clean and comfortable. It was a little bit small but it suited our needs just fine. It would have been nice to have a hotel book that explained all their services/ phone numbers etc. But that was a small point. The beds were clean and comfortable too.

We also used the pool and hot tub facilities. The pool was a bit cold but okay once you got in. The hot tub was the perfect temperature and very relaxing. And everything in the fitness facilities was clean and well maintained.

The one "silly" issue I had was paying for local calls. I was surprised upon checkout when they asked me if I made 2 local calls. They told me the charge was $1 per call, which really shocked me. I asked why I would be charged for a local call and their answer was "you're not paying for the local call. You are paying for the outside line to make the local call". Okay... who are we kidding here? No matter what you call it, you're charging me to make a local call. First of all, I've NEVER heard of a hotel charging for local calls. Second, it's not written anywhere in the room or on the phone that there are charges for using the phone. I know that paying $1 for a phone call isn't super expensive but I definitely think it's petty and cheap of the hotel to apply such charges, and to make their charges double the price of using a pay phone. You could do better on that Novotel!

Overall I would return to the Novotel due to the atmosphere, nicely renovated rooms, relaxing hot tub and pool area. However I'll be sure to use my cell if I want to make a local call!

Room Tip: Request a renovated room upon booking your stay to help ensure you don't get an older, outdated...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank PupperDog

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
South Porcupine, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

Impressed. takes a lot to impress this guy but the location is terrific, nice and easy to find. parking is low but extremely manageable. staff is great and are a great help for anything you may need help with. The better rooms are of course on the top floors facing Marylin Monroe. The hallways are a bit on the warm side but you are not staying in the hallways.
Great food, the breakfast buffet is just what I needed. Overall, I am glad somebody suggested this location to me and I have been staying there ever since.

Room Tip: go higher better view and nobody walking on your head
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Bighookcanadian
Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

The queen room at Novotel was larger than most other hotel chains I've stayed in, with a sofa, well stocked bar fridge, and vanity area with coffee maker. Room was in immaculate condition, bright and airy, nice duvet on the bed, very large bathroom. Nice artwork throughout, simple, clean design. The old TV was the only thing that looked out of place in this very modern room. The room itself was quiet but people arriving late at night woke us up briefly, so the sound travels from the hallway to the room easily, but this is only periodic, and we did not notice any sound transfer between rooms. Dogs are allowed at this hotel which is a huge plus for us, and there is ample parking directly on site for an additional $12 per day. The buffet breakfast for $13.95 was the usual hot and cold fare, the homemade bread selection was great, and the dining room is lovely. The location is a good base for shopping, Square One Mall is right across the street, the hotel is located very close to the QEW which is the major highway to Toronto and Niagara Falls, and it is also very close to the waterfront park and marina, and Port Credit village that has lovely shops and restaurants. Staff were very friendly and professional. We enjoyed our brief stay here very much and will return in future should the need arise.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SeaTraveller45
Ontario
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2011

I've been staying at the Novotel in Mississauga for over 10 years now for business and the rooms have changed very little during that time. It is close to Square One and many office buildings. I find the restaurant very pricey and prefer to get my meals at Square One.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank mcleod15
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2011

Seleceted this holiday as am A-Club member and needed a stop over due to flight schedule. The distance to airport at my flight time was great as it was at 06h30 or 04h00 from hotel. Any other time the traffic would have neen busy. It is close to a great shopping and restuarant area (Square One) so was suitable

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2011

I originally booked a standard room but on the advice of a co-worker who has stayed several times, I changed my reservation to a deluxe king room for a few dollars more a night. Apparently, the deluxe are the renovated rooms so that may explain the contradiction between some of the reviews.

My room was on the 14th floor and though it faced Herontario Strret, because the hotel is set back, there is no traffic noise. I liked the lay out of the room, it had everything I needed and was spotless. Nice toiletries (ammenities). The hotel was close to everything & the free computer use in the lobby was really handy just to check in on my flight and e-mail.

The only 2 things I'm not crazy about with the Novotel's renovated rooms are the swing doors on the bathroom, fine for a solo traveller, and though they are aesthetically pleasing & add size to the room, they really are not very practical if you're sharing a room for obvious reasons.

I would also feel more comfortable if they used top sheets on the bedding. Just as I was crawling into bed, I started wondering if they launder the duvet after each guest since it is right on your bare skin - that kept me awake for a few minutes.

The bed was comfortable, the a/c was quiet & worked well, the staff was pleasant. I did not use any of the hotel's facilities. I would definitely stay again provided I was solo, I might have second thoughts if I was going to be sharing the room with anyone.

Room Tip: Deluxe means renovated, standard means in need of renovation.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Vansportsfan
Santa Rosa, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2011

Location is convenient to highway, and for $30 cab ride less than 10 minutes to Pearson International Airport. Across the street from major shopping center, movie theatre, restaurants, farmer's market. Rooms appear to be recently updated, modern, clean. Our bathroom had shower only - no tub. Frameless shower glass door trim did not seem to hold the water in the stall so as a result the floor got completely soaked each time we showered. We mentioned it to management upon check out. Hotel has swimming pool, work out room, hot tub. After a long trip we were looking forward to a soak in the hot tub but were disappointed to discover it was lukewarm and no real jets to speak of. Check in and out was fast however we had a mini bar charge for wine when we had a bottle of water instead. Mini bar is sensor driven so look carefully to confirm the item is in the right slot and charged corectly on your bill.

Stayed August 2011, travelled with family