A friend and I stayed at this hotel for a fun girls weekend. It's a great location because it's right across the street from Square One shopping centre and tons of restaurants. It's a great spot.
The hotel itself is bright and looks newly renovated. It has an inviting lobby with couches, plush chairs and complimentary internet service for guests. The room we stayed in was a renovated room. Apparently reno's have been done in some of the rooms but not all floors. So when I booked our stay I requested a renovated room specifically, and we got one. The renovated room was quite nice, clean and comfortable. It was a little bit small but it suited our needs just fine. It would have been nice to have a hotel book that explained all their services/ phone numbers etc. But that was a small point. The beds were clean and comfortable too.
We also used the pool and hot tub facilities. The pool was a bit cold but okay once you got in. The hot tub was the perfect temperature and very relaxing. And everything in the fitness facilities was clean and well maintained.
The one "silly" issue I had was paying for local calls. I was surprised upon checkout when they asked me if I made 2 local calls. They told me the charge was $1 per call, which really shocked me. I asked why I would be charged for a local call and their answer was "you're not paying for the local call. You are paying for the outside line to make the local call". Okay... who are we kidding here? No matter what you call it, you're charging me to make a local call. First of all, I've NEVER heard of a hotel charging for local calls. Second, it's not written anywhere in the room or on the phone that there are charges for using the phone. I know that paying $1 for a phone call isn't super expensive but I definitely think it's petty and cheap of the hotel to apply such charges, and to make their charges double the price of using a pay phone. You could do better on that Novotel!
Overall I would return to the Novotel due to the atmosphere, nicely renovated rooms, relaxing hot tub and pool area. However I'll be sure to use my cell if I want to make a local call!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Toronto Mississauga is a 3 star hotel 25 min from the centre of Toronto and 18 km from Pearson International Airport. For guests on a business trip we offer free wireless internet throughout the hotel and 7 conference rooms. For a fun and relaxing break with your family, Square One, the largest shopping mall in Canada, the Living Arts Centre and Playdium are all nearby while Niagara Falls is an hour away. The hotel features a restaurant, onsite parking and a heated indoor swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo and Southall Travel so you can book your Novotel Toronto Mississauga Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Toronto Mississauga Hotel Mississauga
- Accor Toronto Mississauga Center
- Novotel Mississauga
- Mississauga Novotel