“Avoid!”

Ranked #30 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Brampton, Canada
“Avoid!”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Attended a conference at this hotel and am relieved that I didn't elect to stay here overnight. It was a disaster from start to finish. I begin with the outrageously overpriced, labyrinthine, sardine can parking structure. The entire thing was dimly lit and the entrances marked by poor signage. The coffee service was lukewarm at best and the bussing services were non-existent in the dimly lit basement where my conference was held. One positive: the room's acoustics and media equipment worked. Lunch, in the hotel's main floor restaurant, was served at a snail's pace making several participants late returning from the hour-long break. Again, this was one floor above and no one ordered multiple courses. When I attempted to leave the hotel, I discovered that the single available paid parking machine was out of service, necessitating a wait in line for a lengthy payment process for the poor value parking. I would avoid at all costs and will not be attending any other events advertised at this location.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
DDolivet, General Manager at Novotel Toronto Mississauga Center, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Mississauga. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Didier Dolivet

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
wilts
Reviewed 5 March 2014

This is a very pleasant hotel with helpful staff and we had a comfortable spacious room. Breakfast (buffet) was excellent and we were very impressed with Donald who served us daily and gave good local travel advice. We would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for choosing the Novotel Mississauga on your last trip.
I sincerely appreciate the time you took to share your experience. It is a pleasure to receive such a positive review and you may rest assure that your kind message will be shared with the teams as well as to Don who will enjoy reading it.

Thank you and we look forward to welcome you back soon at the Novotel.

Waubaushene, ON
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a week during a training course which was held in a board room at the hotel. It was nice having the training in the same place, saved time and made for a more relaxing morning.

Check in took a while as there was only one person at the front counter while a number of us were checking in for the same training. We lucked out and got a discounted group rate and parking was included as part of it, otherwise parking seemed like it would have been costly.

The rooms were quite nice, but a call had to be made because the room was freezing. I was told someone would be right up but I had to call again over an hour later when no one came. A serviceman showed up very shortly after the second call and had the heater working properly in just a couple of minutes. Apparently they had been receiving multiple calls due to the heaters freezing up because of the extreme cold outside. I had one other concern when I found a three prong plug plugged into a two prong extension cord. I've added a picture of that.

The pool and fitness facilities were very nice. They were a great start to the day before heading to breakfast, which was also included in the price. The breakfast buffet was VERY good with a wide variety of options.

I never tried the on site restaurant for any other meals because I had been told by others that it was more expensive. Luckily the hotel is located close to the mall and a large variety of other restaurants. Unfortunately a group of us tried to ask for some dining tips from a front desk member on our first night, but he wasn't overly useful on the matter. There's one restaurant in the building next door that you can access directly from the hotel without having to go out in the extreme cold, which is useful during this winter.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing the Novotel Mississauga during your recent trip to the area.
We appreciate your business and the time you took to share your comments. Your comments will be share with the teams as it provides a great source of motivation and acknowledgment.

I have taken note of your observation regarding the power cord and you may rest assured that the necessary actions will be taken to remedy to the situation.

Once again thank you and we look forward to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Winnipeg
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I stayed here for a conference and for the most part all was fine. Just a few things that need tweaking. It would appear that this hotel has been around for a while and has nice décor and layout in the lobby and the staff were all quite friendly so that was a positive. My room was actually spacious (corner room, single queen) so no real issue there, but the lighting is a bit odd in the layout (first switch in the room turns on the hall light and the light over the bathtub). Most of the lights are switches on the lights and there is one wall lamp that appears to be an addition as the cord runs down the wall then behind the carpet (which was pulled back then haphazardly stapled over the cord) to the nearest wall plug - not sure if this is code in the area, but I know it isn't in most places I've been. There is a mini-bar (mine was empty) with a sign that says you can't use it as a fridge inside, the panel beside it looked like it was damaged from someone trying to remove the ridge, but it didn't appear anyone had tried to repair the damage. The event I was there for was catered by the hotel and the food was well prepared and ample portions were available. The meeting facilities were well appointed and laid out and the fitness and pool area appeared adequate for a facility of this size although I did not have time to partake. I would likely stay here again if I were in the area. One major complaint is to do something about the soundproofing on the doors as I do not appreciate hearing every conversation in the hall as well as the antics in rooms nearby.

Room Tip: be specific about what you want as there are views of city, parking lot, lake or nothing at all depe...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank travlinclan
DDolivet, General Manager at Novotel Toronto Mississauga Center, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear Guest

I read your comment on trip advisor with much interest and would like to thank you for taking the time to share them with us.
I am pleased to see that our services for the most part met with your expectations and have taken notes of your observations on which the necessary actions will be taken immediately.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcome you back in the future.

Shediac, Canada
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I stayed at this hotel in January 2014 and really enjoyed it. It truly has an European flair to it. The staff was very nice and polite. Check-in was fast and efficient.
I booked a regular room which had 2 double beds. The rooms are small in size....almost like a cruiseship cabin. It has a modern feel. Everything worked perfectly. The beds were very comfortable.
The location is what attracted me to choose this hotel. 2 minute walk to the Square One mall. Close to restaurants.
I ate breakfast at the hotel restaurant and it was very good. Staff was great!
I also used the gym facilities and there was a hood selection of ellipticals, stationnary bikes and treadmills. The pool was nice and the water temperature was nice....not freezing!
The hotel lobby worker reserved me a private taxi to drive me at the airport the next morning. I was waiting in the lobby for my taxi and the lobby worker called the taxi company to make sure that they didn't forget me. A taxi pulled up and the lobby worker checked to make sure it was the right taxi. I really appreciated this gesture as a woman travelling alone.
I will return to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
DDolivet, General Manager at Novotel Toronto Mississauga Center, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear Guest,

I took great pleasure reading your feedback from your recent experience at the Novotel Mississauga Center.
Thank you for taking the time to share your impresssions as it is provides a great source of motivation for the team who strive to provide the best service possible. I will convey your message to them.
I trust you had a safe journey back home and hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again soon.

Abbotsford, Canada
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the hotel. Our room was recently renovated, it looked wonderful. We loved the king size bed. The bathroom was very inviting, bright and modern. The hotel staff were alway very friendly and accommodating. The only down fall was the restaurant. The staff was great but the menu was limited. We walked a short distance to Square One Shopping Center to eat.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
DDolivet, General Manager at Novotel Toronto Mississauga Center, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent stay at the hotel. I am delighted to read that our facilities and services met with your expectations.

Your comments will be shared with the teams as it provides a great source of motivation and satisfaction.

Marmora, Canada
Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

Booked this for an event in Mississauga when we arrived I heard guy at the desk talking to someone in the phone about moving people's rooms around because of no water in the rooms.
Not a good start!
Checked in and got to our rooms although our confirmation said we had a view of the lake we were facing North away from the lake. But at least we had water!
The room was small and dingy lighting was terrible and nothing like the pics they post online.
Bright nite was
We had a room with breakfast included and the buffet was actually quite good. A good selection to choose from and misty things were hot.
Not sure I would recommend a stay here but breakfast yes!

Stayed February 2014
DDolivet, General Manager at Novotel Toronto Mississauga Center, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Novotel Mississauga. I sorry to read that you level of experience did not meet with your expectations.

After reviewing your comments, an investigation was conducted to find out the source of a water shortage as have not experience this situation.
In regards to the bedroom, we will make sure to reserve you in one of our upgraded rooms for your next visit which are located on the upper floors so you can appreciate a more comfortable stay.

Thank you once again for sharing yoru feedback. I hope this unfortunate experience will not keep you away from returning and give us an opportunity that we can do much better.

Sincerely.