“Very close to the shopping mall”

Novotel Toronto Mississauga Center
Ranked #30 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Daytona Beach, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

There is nothing fancy or special about this hotel. There is also nothing at all wrong with the hotel. The rooms and the building were clean and functional. The facilities are nice enough. I had some very loud neighbors, but that is not the hotel's fault. The hotel apologized for their noise. I don't know if they did anything about it, but I was not terribly bothered about it either. The shuttle driver dropped me at my office at 9.00 AM and asked me if he could pick me up for the airport since he told me not to book a taxi from the front desk, a day before. I said yes,at 4.00 PM.
He came on time to pick me up but at the Airport demanded $65.00 for the trip. I asked him, as to why he didn't tell me it would be charged? He said,he owns and run the shuttle within the city only for the hotel,and it would be extra for the Airport. I was left with no choice but to pay him $65.00 as I would have missed the flight.
Be careful of this shuttle driving scammer!!!

1 Thank 893David
DDolivet, General Manager at Novotel Toronto Mississauga Center, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share with me your recent experience at the hotel.
I would like to convey my most sincere apologies for the incidents you have encountered during your stay and the inconvenience caused.
I was made aware the next morning on the noise disturbance. For your information, our hotel reception associates contacted the hotel guest occupying the noisy guest room.

In regards to the limousine driver, the hotel works with a prefered limousine company who charges $48 for airport transfer. We have never encountered this situation before and suspect that the limousine you took that morning was not the prefered company of the hotel.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedbacks and will ensure these are shared with our team members.

I hope this matter will not prevent you from returning as we would much appreciate another opportunity to show you that we can do much better.

London, ON
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

This hotel is decent, but there are better choices. I won't stay here again.

If you're not familiar with Novotel, it's a simple, mid-level hotel with basic limited amenities. I'd describe it as a modern Holiday Inn.

The hotel is very clean and the front-desk is prompt and organized. The room was especially clean. Housekeeping here is on their game!

The biggest let-down was the breakfast. It's buffet style (first red flag) with a large selection of "hot items", all served stone-cold at 7:30 AM! Ever tried to eat stone cold french toast & bacon?! Yep, it's horrible. Everything was cold and the staff were clueless to the problem. There are no alternative places to eat close by, so this experience really sucked.

Also, there's no on-site parking so you'll need to pay $13 extra to park. And .. the hotel bar's food service closes quite early, so don't show up hungry @ 10PM like I did! You'll be directed to a fridge behind the front desk where they keep some sandwiches.

Room Tip: I stayed in "exec king" on the 15th floor. Nice room.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
DDolivet, General Manager at Novotel Toronto Mississauga Center, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Mississauga. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

Stayed for a night on a business trip. The room was small compared to some of other hotels I have stayed. It looked fresh and newly done. Lots of airline crew as well, as its closer to the Airport.The check in was smooth and easy.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank rshamni
DDolivet, General Manager at Novotel Toronto Mississauga Center, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on your recent stay at the Novotel Mississauga Center.
I take pleasure to read your positive comment and would like to thank you for the feedback which will be shared with teams.

I trust you had a safe journey back home and look forward to welcome you again soon on your next trip to Mississauga.

Brampton, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

Attended a conference at this hotel and am relieved that I didn't elect to stay here overnight. It was a disaster from start to finish. I begin with the outrageously overpriced, labyrinthine, sardine can parking structure. The entire thing was dimly lit and the entrances marked by poor signage. The coffee service was lukewarm at best and the bussing services were non-existent in the dimly lit basement where my conference was held. One positive: the room's acoustics and media equipment worked. Lunch, in the hotel's main floor restaurant, was served at a snail's pace making several participants late returning from the hour-long break. Again, this was one floor above and no one ordered multiple courses. When I attempted to leave the hotel, I discovered that the single available paid parking machine was out of service, necessitating a wait in line for a lengthy payment process for the poor value parking. I would avoid at all costs and will not be attending any other events advertised at this location.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
DDolivet, General Manager at Novotel Toronto Mississauga Center, responded to this review, 10 March 2014

wilts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

This is a very pleasant hotel with helpful staff and we had a comfortable spacious room. Breakfast (buffet) was excellent and we were very impressed with Donald who served us daily and gave good local travel advice. We would certainly stay here again.

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for choosing the Novotel Mississauga on your last trip.
I sincerely appreciate the time you took to share your experience. It is a pleasure to receive such a positive review and you may rest assure that your kind message will be shared with the teams as well as to Don who will enjoy reading it.

Thank you and we look forward to welcome you back soon at the Novotel.

Waubaushene, ON
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a week during a training course which was held in a board room at the hotel. It was nice having the training in the same place, saved time and made for a more relaxing morning.

Check in took a while as there was only one person at the front counter while a number of us were checking in for the same training. We lucked out and got a discounted group rate and parking was included as part of it, otherwise parking seemed like it would have been costly.

The rooms were quite nice, but a call had to be made because the room was freezing. I was told someone would be right up but I had to call again over an hour later when no one came. A serviceman showed up very shortly after the second call and had the heater working properly in just a couple of minutes. Apparently they had been receiving multiple calls due to the heaters freezing up because of the extreme cold outside. I had one other concern when I found a three prong plug plugged into a two prong extension cord. I've added a picture of that.

The pool and fitness facilities were very nice. They were a great start to the day before heading to breakfast, which was also included in the price. The breakfast buffet was VERY good with a wide variety of options.

I never tried the on site restaurant for any other meals because I had been told by others that it was more expensive. Luckily the hotel is located close to the mall and a large variety of other restaurants. Unfortunately a group of us tried to ask for some dining tips from a front desk member on our first night, but he wasn't overly useful on the matter. There's one restaurant in the building next door that you can access directly from the hotel without having to go out in the extreme cold, which is useful during this winter.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing the Novotel Mississauga during your recent trip to the area.
We appreciate your business and the time you took to share your comments. Your comments will be share with the teams as it provides a great source of motivation and acknowledgment.

I have taken note of your observation regarding the power cord and you may rest assured that the necessary actions will be taken to remedy to the situation.

Once again thank you and we look forward to welcome you back to the hotel soon.