“Quiet impressed”

Novotel Toronto Mississauga Center
Ranked #30 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
“Quiet impressed”
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Everything went well. Clean, friendly staff. Facility is located near everything, the mall especially. There is a lounge connected to the hotel so it makes it a lot easier to relax and have a good time. I will stay here again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
DDolivet, General Manager at Novotel Toronto Mississauga Center, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Guest,

I take great pleasure to read your feedback and extremely pleased to see that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience as it provides a great source of motivation to the teams who strive to deliver quality service. I will share your comments with them.

I hope to be able to welcome you again in the future and repeat this positive experience.
Thank you very much.

Didier Dolivet

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel along with my brother as we were competing at the 2014 UFE Spring Bash and they were also the host hotel for the event. Not sure why other the folks just say average, I think this hotel is great and for the price we got it I cannot and would never think of complaining. The staff was super helpful and willing to go the extra mile to make sure that all needs were met.

If I'm ever at this area again I'll definitely choose NOVOTEL MISSISSAUGA as the hotel of choice.

Rooms and bed was were very comfortable and the fitness center on the property served its purpose for the few days

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience at the hotel.
It is always a pleasure to receive a positive feedback. It is a source of motivation for the teams who strive their best to deliver quality service.
We know that it takes more than promises to deliver quality service. It takes people and great feedback like yours is the best reward.
Once again thank you and we look forward to welcome you back at the Novotel Mississauga in the near fruture.

Whitby, Canada
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Stayed here in April for a three day conference held at the hotel. This review is a complete reflection on the quality of the hotel itself, the staff was excellent, helpful, and a breeze to deal with. Novotel pretty much defines "average", however with that being said it is certainly worse than most hotels I've stayed at. A good word to describe it would be dated, the room designs are weird to say the least and the bed comes with two tiny, tiny pillows.

I'm not really picky nor do I like ripping on hotels, I also stayed for free so it didn't bug me much that this hotel was pretty much sub-par across the board. The hotel food was definitely decent we ate here for lunch every day and that was certainly a bright spot. The bar selection is dreadful I believe your choices of beer are Sapporo and Coors light on tap? If not then something just like that.

We are returning to the second half of the conference later this month I'm not dreading it but I can confidently say if it was on my dime I wouldn't even consider staying here. There are better options for the same price no doubt.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
DDolivet, General Manager at Novotel Toronto Mississauga Center, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience at the hotel. I am sorry to read that some of our services did not meet with your expectations.
I am glad you are returning and would be happy to meet with you to ensure your stay is better accommodated this time.
Please feel free to reach out to me when you are at the hotel.

Daytona Beach, Florida
Reviewed 3 April 2014

There is nothing fancy or special about this hotel. There is also nothing at all wrong with the hotel. The rooms and the building were clean and functional. The facilities are nice enough. I had some very loud neighbors, but that is not the hotel's fault. The hotel apologized for their noise. I don't know if they did anything about it, but I was not terribly bothered about it either. The shuttle driver dropped me at my office at 9.00 AM and asked me if he could pick me up for the airport since he told me not to book a taxi from the front desk, a day before. I said yes,at 4.00 PM.
He came on time to pick me up but at the Airport demanded $65.00 for the trip. I asked him, as to why he didn't tell me it would be charged? He said,he owns and run the shuttle within the city only for the hotel,and it would be extra for the Airport. I was left with no choice but to pay him $65.00 as I would have missed the flight.
Be careful of this shuttle driving scammer!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank 893David
DDolivet, General Manager at Novotel Toronto Mississauga Center, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share with me your recent experience at the hotel.
I would like to convey my most sincere apologies for the incidents you have encountered during your stay and the inconvenience caused.
I was made aware the next morning on the noise disturbance. For your information, our hotel reception associates contacted the hotel guest occupying the noisy guest room.

In regards to the limousine driver, the hotel works with a prefered limousine company who charges $48 for airport transfer. We have never encountered this situation before and suspect that the limousine you took that morning was not the prefered company of the hotel.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedbacks and will ensure these are shared with our team members.

I hope this matter will not prevent you from returning as we would much appreciate another opportunity to show you that we can do much better.

London, ON
Reviewed 24 March 2014

This hotel is decent, but there are better choices. I won't stay here again.

If you're not familiar with Novotel, it's a simple, mid-level hotel with basic limited amenities. I'd describe it as a modern Holiday Inn.

The hotel is very clean and the front-desk is prompt and organized. The room was especially clean. Housekeeping here is on their game!

The biggest let-down was the breakfast. It's buffet style (first red flag) with a large selection of "hot items", all served stone-cold at 7:30 AM! Ever tried to eat stone cold french toast & bacon?! Yep, it's horrible. Everything was cold and the staff were clueless to the problem. There are no alternative places to eat close by, so this experience really sucked.

Also, there's no on-site parking so you'll need to pay $13 extra to park. And .. the hotel bar's food service closes quite early, so don't show up hungry @ 10PM like I did! You'll be directed to a fridge behind the front desk where they keep some sandwiches.

Room Tip: I stayed in "exec king" on the 15th floor. Nice room.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
DDolivet, General Manager at Novotel Toronto Mississauga Center, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Mississauga. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Stayed for a night on a business trip. The room was small compared to some of other hotels I have stayed. It looked fresh and newly done. Lots of airline crew as well, as its closer to the Airport.The check in was smooth and easy.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank rshamni
DDolivet, General Manager at Novotel Toronto Mississauga Center, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on your recent stay at the Novotel Mississauga Center.
I take pleasure to read your positive comment and would like to thank you for the feedback which will be shared with teams.

I trust you had a safe journey back home and look forward to welcome you again soon on your next trip to Mississauga.