“Ok Ok Hotel, can't think of staying again”

Novotel Toronto Mississauga Center
Ranked #30 of 60 Hotels in Mississauga
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Ok Ok Hotel, can't think of staying again”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 10 days. The hotel is Ok ok, nothing great about it. Hotel location is somehow nice compare to hotels near to the airport, just 8 minutes walking distance to one of the big Square one mall. Regarding breakfast, it sucks, very limited items and no variety at all. Last month, I was in Hyderabad (India) and stayed in "Marriot hotel" and what a variety of food there, unbelievable and because of this every day morning was a fresh start in Marriot, Hyderabad. But In Novotel, the morning starts with depressing mood when looking at the breakfast menu, In Novotel, I was not expecting the same variety as in Marriot, Hyderabad, but at least sufficient variety was expected. Regarding house keeping staff, they were very co-operative and prompt. Regarding front desk staff (especially one guy in day shift, don't know his name) was not professional while talking to guest. I requested for adapter, he told me, "I think we have only 2 adapters and I don't know which guests has obtained them, so you can buy adapter from mall". ??? I do not require his advise (stupid!!) at all, for buying the same from mall, I know where to buy. Secondly, while checking In, they asked my credit card and swiped around $1250 as a deposit and even after receiving confirmation from my company next day, that the bill on company account, they refused to unfreeze the pre-authorization amount till check out. When I asked one of the front desk guy (I think the same guy mentioned above), he told me he can't unfreeze/do anything, its a company policy. What a wired policy!!. Because of this un-necessary/excessive blocking of card limit, I could not use my credit card while in Canada. Even the way, he was explaining was not professional. Also regarding room amenities, there was no fridge in room, they charge $15 for fridge. No proper cabinets to keep the clothes. No airport pick up facility by hotel. What a pennywise thinking of hotel management, in spite of two rooms booked by us for 10 days. I will not think of booking this hotel for next visit considering above points.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
DDolivet, General Manager at Novotel Toronto Mississauga Center, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Mississauga. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

For your informatio, the credit card imprint serves as a guarantee when direct billing has not been set up by the company making the reservation.

Didier Dolivet

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

Great quality food with incredible service.. Very hospitable with nice ambience.. Elegant atmosphere. Nothing like it in mississauga area. I will go back for more business breakfast and lunches and will also recommend to other friends

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your positive experience at the hotel. I am delighted to read that our services met with your expectations and will convey your message to the teams.
We look forward to welcome you back soon.
Sincerely

woodstock,ontario,canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Checked in one hour early no problem. Room was exactly as booked and clean, comfortable with all amenities in bathroom. Staff at hotel and restaurant were friendly, professional nice people!
No problems except the public jacuzzi at 10 am on a Monday had sand in it and the jets were not working. Sides also need to be cleaned properly. Pool was also dirty.
I got a great rate of approx $80 Cdn including taxes for a room with 2 double beds, and full buffet breakfast for 2..... would stay again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
DDolivet, General Manager at Novotel Toronto Mississauga Center, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Guest

It gives me great pleasure to read your recent comments on your experience at the hotel.
Your comments are important o us and will be shared with the teams who will truly appreciate the encouragements.

Thank you again and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again soon.

Kind Regards

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel while passing through the area.
I would strongly avoid you doing the same.
Having paid in full, cash, online, and wanting to use a debit card as a guarantee against any incidentals, I was told the hotel would be removing 250 dollars from my account, in case of damage. I refused. I get charged for each transaction on my debit card these days by my bank.
The manager appeared and asked outright if I lacked sufficient funds in my account. What a staggering question. (And no, I don't lack the funds...)
She then said she would waive the 250 dollar deposit on my debit card, but that the room would need to be inspected before checkout for damage.
And what a room it was. Wallpaper peeling, carpet buckling, windows that did not open, shockingly noisy air-con unit.
One night was more than enough.
I checked out, and was asked to stay in the lobby while the room was checked for damage. I have stayed in some of the finest hotels in the world, fly business class when I can afford it, am over 50, a professional, female, solo traveller. In a word: gobsmacked.
If this is Novotel's policy, I am happy to stay elsewhere. There are no shortage of options.
Give this hotel a very, very big miss.

Room Tip: Want a good room? Stay on a different hotel.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank liketOtravel00742
DDolivet, General Manager at Novotel Toronto Mississauga Center, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Our deposit policy applies to all guest when a credit card is not presented. In this case a refundable cash deposit is requested upon check in.

Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

I stayed at that facility many times. Price is always good, courteous service, convenient location next to Square One mall, adjacent parking ramp, good breakfast buffet, free internet and location near 403 highway

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

DDolivet, General Manager at Novotel Toronto Mississauga Center, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Guest

It was a pleasure seeing you back at the hotel recently and delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions, I will be sure to share them with the teams who sincerely appreciate the feedback.

Wishing you a wonderful day and look forward to see you again soon.

Sincerely